Click Here!

Favorite Cartoon

englishwitch

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charliebarkin

Well I'd have to say All Dogs Go To Heaven 1 & 2 and the series are my all time favorite shows. Some T.V. shows i like are.

Flinstones

Scooby-Doo (old ones)

The Tick

The Jetsons

new cartoons aint as good as the old to me.

• 1 month later...

Thunder... thunder... thunder... ThunderCats, Hooooo!

Voltron was the other big one when I was a kid, and then later on I liked the Super Mario Brothers Super Show.

Then, when I was a teenage, Aeon Flux was on late at night. Loved it. Totally brought up all sorts of interesting ponderances of reality at 2am when I really should have been sleeping instead of alternatively hating and loving Trevor Goodchild.

Also, I really, really had an almost unhealthy obsession with Pokemon for a while... still love watching it Saturday mornings.

Then, when I was a teenage, Aeon Flux was on late at night. Loved it. Totally brought up all sorts of interesting ponderances of reality at 2am when I really should have been sleeping instead of alternatively hating and loving Trevor Goodchild.

Did you know the whole series was up legally and officially to watch on iFilm?

No special equipment needed to watch or anything!

http://www.ifilm.com/show/16827

Go nuts! Relive the memories! (Assuming you haven't already done so with the DVD sets).

I just remembered a couple of my all-time favorite cartoons! I can't believe I didn't remember them!

Do any of you remember the animated series of, "The Legend of Zelda" and the, "Mario Brothers"?

I loved those two cartoons! I remember they were part of a live action show hosted by, "Mario" and "Luigi." Now that brings back memories of early morning, cereal and sitting around in Pjs...Lol.

Ah, childhood....*wonders off in thought*

• 3 months later...
When I was growing up it was Thundercats and Teegage mutant ninja turtles. I see that recently they've revamped one TMNT but not thundercats, shame really. What was your favorite cartoon to watch when you were a kid?

Alright I liked carebears too, spread it around and I'll hurt you.

I used to love Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, and others who's names I can't of.

A little more recently I love Batman Beyond and Static Shock and the Zeta Project (for the short time it ran).

*sigh* I miss good cartoons

Edit: Another one my brother got me into was Reboot.

Guest Yhitzak

Wow! Jem and the Holograms! I *totally* forgot about them until this thread! I'm suddenly being thrust back to my kindergarten days and my Jem lunchbox (sometimes, Zombieduke, I read your posts and think, "This is my long-lost other half"). Makes me wonder if I still have it...

Heh. You want a giggle, Google the words, "Darkwing Duck Dutch theme song." If you can find the music file, download it! It's about the single, most-amusing thing I've ever heard: Dutch duck.

As for fav series, I have to say that TMNT was easily at the top of the list. And Pee Wee's Playhouse, which I admit I watched obsessively when they aired it on CN.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...I was an animation snob even was I was a kid. I preferred Warner Bros. and Disney over Hanna-Barbara (though I loved Space Ghost and Birdman...and I still love them on Adult Swim laugh.gif ). Honestly though, when it came to cartoon shorts I much preferred Warner Bros because I thought they were funnier.

I mostly remember the stuff I watched when I was in middle school. Animaniacs, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life...a lot of the old Nicklodean shows before they got all...moral and stuff.

And I absolutely adore "Invader Zim" but that's a much more recent discovery.

Heh. You want a giggle, Google the words, "Darkwing Duck Dutch theme song." If you can find the music file, download it! It's about the single, most-amusing thing I've ever heard: Dutch duck.

I'm curious. I want to ask why you think that version is more amusing than any other.

I mean, yeah, I think it's hilarious, but that's because I grew up with it. So I probably have a blind spot.

Ahhh Darkwing... the memories! I loved that show. My other favourite was Gummi Bears.

I was a bit too young to remember that one. For me, Darkwing Duck is the pinnacle of nostalgia. Well, and Samurai Pizza Cats. Man I loved that one. I probably watched those series when I was 12. tongue.gif

Also, Darkwing Duck has the dubious honour of being the first show I regularly quoted at random, and some of Darkwing's expressions have entrenched themselves into my vocabulary.

"'Sevezien. Bomen, Kwekelien, Staalhaan, kernraketten, meer bomen..."

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone remember the Paw-Paws?? i used to love those little indian bears.

then, of course, there's the smurfs. and the snorks! can't forget the sea-loving smurf cousins.

gargoyles, of course.

carebears

thundercats

captain bucky o'hare (anyone else remember this one? i adored jenny.)

the herculoids

g.i. joe

transformers

voltron

teddy ruxbin

silverhawks

darkwing duck

duck tales

gummi bears

birdman

loony toons

tom and jerry (before they got non-violent)

anything hanna barbera, really...

then, as i got a little older...

animaniacs

tiny toons

monster rancher

digimon

the real johnny quest

sailormoon

reboot

teen titans

and now... (anime included)

fruits basket

chobits

invader zim

I'm a lot younger than most people and I don't remember the good oldies, like He-man (love the remake, though), She-ra, and Transformers (I was part of the Armada generation).

However, I do remember G.I. Joe, The Adventures of Zorro, Freakazoid, MIB, Earthworm Jim, Shark Attack (and similar one involving dinosaurs, but I can't remember the name to save my life), and Animaniacs. Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. Th Fantastic Four..........X-men (long live Gambit!)...........Detention. The Zeta Project.

Hmmm.

The Gummi Bears. Smurfs. And Dragonball Z.

Lol, I actually liked the Misfits better, "because their songs were better . . . and they were going to get her!"  biggrin.gif

They said they were, but they never did! biggrin.gif

My favourite was... is The Real Ghostbusters! I didn't care if I missed other Sat morn toons, but if i missed that one I'd go off my rocker! tongue.gif

Edited by RGBsilly

• 1 month later...
I have forgotten to mention Snorks.

I used to love Snorks.

Everytime I mention them, someone somewhere always goes, "The who?"

I think you're one of the few people to speak about 'em. I liked them too...oh, and, err, My Little Pony was awesome...'course, I watched that back when I was in kindergarden.... freak.gif

Yey!!!Another "Snorks" fan!!! bounce.gif

Everytime I mention them, someone somewhere always goes, "The who?"

Yeah,same thing happens to me.Even my friends haven't heard about them,and we grew up together.

Aw man, just thinking about all this stuff reminds of when I WANTED to get up at 6am to eat a bowl of Lucky Charms while I watched Saturday morning cartoons before my parents were even thinking of getting up.

*sighs* Those were the days.... laugh.gif

The cartoons I watched as a kid were... numerous. If slightly odd. (I include anime since that was what was on TV and was what I watched along with everything else.) Also some titles may be slightly odd since I didn't watch these in the US.

- Saint Seiya

- Sailor Moon

- Rainbow Brite

- Kimba, the White Lion

- Macross

- Candy Candy

- Bugs Bunny + Warner Brothers oldies

- Disney oldies

- Lots of Hanna-Barbera

- Biker Mice from Mars

- X-Men

- Little Mermaid

My Little Pony, Gummi Bears, The Smurfs, DuckTales, CareBears and Winnie the Pooh were on, but I always had a disdain for those series. (Probably because my Mom was obsessed with them.)

When I got a little older (about 10) I used to watch Aladdin, Quack Pack, Goof Troop, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck and Dexter's Lab.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.