Click Here!

Things Fanfiction Has Taught Me

Guest Nympho

Guest Serenanna

::groans:: I go away to a weekend full of manga, anime, and scantily clad or over-dressed young men and women (Otakon!), and this thread explodes. If you're all done . . . More things I learned from fanfiction:

- Necessity is the mother of invention when it comes to plot twists and smutty scenes

- Nothing is sacred from lemons, nothing

- Writing smut when you're not turned on by your own writing means there's a problem

- Plot bunnies multiply when left to their own devices

- Wiki is a canon-follower's best reference

- Every man has a fine ass, a six-pack, or is in some other way the idle of masculinity

- 15 is about the perfect age for anime boys. Old enough to be smartassed, pretty, and definite jail bait

- Clits work like joy-buzzers apparently

- Some times being a slave/vampire/werewolf/demon isn't as bad as it seems . . .

- Everyone is willing to pop open a few veins for a sexy male vampire in need regardless of gender or orientation

- In a party of adventurers, always bet on the rogue (male or female) to get the most ass in the course of the story

- Saying I love you is a green light to get naked

- Every elf is apparently bi or gender curious, despite the need of the race to, you know, procreate.

- Dragons make excellent lovers. (But I always had a thing for the half-dragons myself)

- Drow . . . everyone secretly wants to be one, or wants to sleep with one.

- Adventurers camping near bodies of water means someone's going to go bathing and their supposed love interest will end up spying

- Fiery personalities or abilities = great in the sac

- Everyone is curious about the main character's love life in romantic-comedies, from their co-workers to their second cousins to their dog

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i first started writing fics i was crap. certainly crap compared to the kind of writing i can do now. It was only through AFF, through the reviews and feedback i recieved that i was able to see the faults and develop them. it allowed me to develop my writing style that i am comfortable with. All of this has spilled overinto my more serious writings and now i am writing a novel that i am fianlly confident has the potential to get published. Before i was only hopeful that my work would see the bookshelves, but now with my eveolved and practised skills i finally am confident in my work.

If it wasn't because of the reviews made by my peers and critics my skills wouldn't be half as good as they are today. it is because of writing fanfiction that i have now gained the ability to write true fiction.

Through the things i have read i have learned that there are no real taboo's or limits. only our minds limit us. only the power of our own imaginations hold us back.

I have also learnt that all guys are well endowed, all girls have big tits. multiple orgasms are nothing to either sex. all people are nymphomaniacs who will fuck at the drop of a hat, any hat. and the sicker you are, the more people will like you.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
I have also learned that you can find bondage smut in any and all fandoms (not matter how absurd it may seem).

i have learned that not a single fandom is safe from the perils of MPreg! If two guys are getting it on, one WILL get preggers in at LEAST one fic.

I also learned that NOTHING is sacred. Nothing.

Guest Mike256bit

I learned just yesterday that when you leave constructive criticism, people will actually remove their stories (I swear! I wasn't too hard on the guy! But poof! It's gone).

Guest Serenanna

- Lusting over Elves defies both gender and species.

- Nails cut like razors in the throes of passion.

- If two characters dance together, eventually they'll do the horizontal mambo

Guest Melody Fate

1: Nothing is more important than your OTP of choice.

2:Only those who believe in your OTP are worth knowing.

3: Nothing is more important than your OTP of choice.

4: Even if your OTP consists of two people from entirely different canon that's okay. (Harry with Frodo and such.)

5: Nothing is more important than your OTP of choice.

6: YOU know more about who should be with who than the creators and any other fan, so never let canon or public opinion stop you from fixing up Draco with Spongebob Squarepants.

7: Nothing is more important than your OTP of choice.

8: If nobody gets your OTP, THEY have a problem, not you.

9: Nothing is more important than your OTP of choice.

10: People who don't agree with your OTP are probably Nazi or terrorists or both. Avoid at all cost.

11: Nothing is more important than your OTP of choice.

Guest Melody Fate
SoA taught me about the OT3 (one true threeway)

And I shall now go to sleep with visions of Harry Potter, Spongebob Squarepants, and Nancy Drew having a threeway and this being considered so normal that there's even a cute little nickname for it like OT3.

Thank you, so much, Mike. biggrin.gif

Nothing is more important than your OTP of choice.

laugh.gif

OT3 (one true threeway)

Wow, there's a term for it? Neat! biggrin.gif

Can you have more than one OTP & OT3 or is that just being schizo? (Draco/Harry, Snape/Hermione, Draco/Hermione, Harry/Ron/Hermione, and Harry/Draco/Hermione wub.gif)

Guest Melody Fate
an you have more than one OTP & OT3 or is that just being schizo? (Draco/Harry, Snape/Hermione, Draco/Hermione, Harry/Ron/Hermione, and Harry/Draco/Hermione wub.gif)

Of course you can! Just remember, some might regard you with suspition, especially if none of your OTP's and OT3's include theirs. tongue.gif

Guest Serenanna

- No one understands the meaning of the words 'The End'

Author: The End.

Reviewer: OMG! Love and Win! Update soon!

Author: But it's over . . .

Reviewer: Sequal!

Second Reviewer: Sequal! Sequal!

Author: ::sighes and points to the continuation under another title::

Third Reviewer: OMG! When are you going to update!?!?!?

Author: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

- No one understands the meaning of the words 'The End'

Author: The End.

Reviewer: OMG! Love and Win! Update soon!

Author: But it's over . . .

Reviewer: Sequal!

Second Reviewer: Sequal! Sequal!

Author: ::sighes and points to the continuation under another title::

Third Reviewer: OMG! When are you going to update!?!?!?

Author: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

laugh.gifOh how appropriate! I just got a review for a story that was asking me to continue with a very clearly marked one-shot.

Now I understand I'm a pretentious asshole who uses "Finis" rather than "The End" but surely people can get the picture when the story is labeled as "one-shot" or next to status it says "complete". dry.gif

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It is posted at ff.net.

(*sighs* I only post there because it's one of the few places I can get any recognition for my most recent fandom obsession. I'm not a review whore, really I'm not, but it kinda gets frusterating after months with nothing....)

*snorts* Yeah, why is that? Why is every other AU a high school fic? I mean seriously! I think I've maybe read 2 of those sorts of stories that were good (and one doesn't count because it's kind of...odd....).

It may have to do with the fact that all the super cliches work really well with teenagers. And, dude, wacky teenage hijinks.

Guest Mike256bit

Also, you have to figure there are a lot of young writers, perhaps just out of high school. Putting their favorites in school makes that character relatable, to a degree, and pulls that person closer to what they wish they were actually friends with.

I learned that the only person who has the time to weed through a story without paragraph breaks is "anon" and he always loves what was written, despite format errors.

I have learned that Harry Potter is apparently fertile and will get preggers (or get Draco preggers) at the drop of a hat, on the first time, without fail.

I have learned that MPreg will happen in the HP universe like it was an everyday occurance.

I have learned that Uncle Vernon likes to rape Harry as a form of punishment.

I have learned that Aunt Petunia will occasionally be portrayed as a victim of circumstance and say sorry when it's all done and said.

A good writer can FORCE me to swollow MPreg because the rest of the story rocks my socks<3

Some people don't understand that not everyone likes what they like and won't use story codes for things like MPREG! @#@^$&%&$&!