Click Here!

Snake_King's Story Discussion Thread

Snake_King

2 minutes ago, Praetor said:

I mean it is your thread.

Well, I suppose that’s true.

Anyway, I’ll try and make this quick and easy to get.  I understand that not a lot of you are Transformers fans, and thus aren’t overly familiar with it, but I am, so just bear with me for a little bit. 

As I said at the start of this thread, one thing that I really don’t care for is bashing on characters in stories.  This form of villainizing in fanfiction is called “Ron The Death Eater” on the website TV Tropes due to its tendency of happening to Ron Weasely of the Harry Potter franchise.  The website also lists the name for when it happens in officially licensed material, "Adaptational Villainy," where writers making their own reboot of something will, you guessed it, take a character from the previous versions and make them more antagonistic than they were before.

One of the more infamous comic book companies to do this is, in my opinion, IDW Publishing, who are the ones currently licensed to make comic book adaptations of Hasbro properties, including Transformers, which is the main concern for me in this post.  Admittedly, there are some things I like about their version of Transformers, but other times, it’s too angsty, and comes across as being dark for the sake of it, though it surprisingly has quite the fanbase.  Some characters are like their previous versions, but others are not so much, and changed in ways that don’t make them recognizable or even a little likeable.  For example:

• Star Saber (no relation to the sword of the same name)
    • Japanese “Transformers Victory” cartoon: straight up hero who leads the Autobots and even adopted a human boy as his son.
    • IDW Publishing: Religious fanatic Hell-bent on killing anyone who doesn’t conform to his beliefs and at one point called for an atheist holocaust
  • Rattrap
    • Beast Wars/Beast Machines cartoon: one of the good guys, and a short dude with a sassy personality who you could still count on to have your back when the chips were down
    • IDW Publishing: Selfish, amoral backstabber of ambiguous affiliation who plays the Starscream (ambitious second-in-command) for STARSCREAM!!
  • Spike Witwicky
    • G1 80s cartoon: human ally and friend of the Autobots
    • IDW Publishing: selfish prick who used his dad’s military standing to get whatever he wanted, and has a murder-boner for all Transformers as a whole, Autobot and Decepticon alike
  • The Prime lineage (the line of leaders whom Optimus Prime is the latest of)
    • Most versions: a line of wise leaders who carry the Matrix of leadership that connects them to their creator god, Primus
    • IDW Publishing: Pretty much every Prime before Optimus was a corrupt and militant politician who used a fake Matrix to scheme their way into power, and it’s not clear if Primus exists in this universe
  • The Autobots
    • Most versions: a faction of good guys who want peace and freedom for all and fight against the Decepticons, and started out as freedom fighters against would-be tyrants
    • IDW Publishing: While a good portion of the Autobots are still good, they often resort to questionable underhanded tactics to accomplish their goals, and started out as pretty much just a group of thugs for a corrupt Cybertronian senate.

There’s like a million other changes IDW made to some characters, but I think you get the idea with this list, right?  You can see why I’m not a big fan of it.

3 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Sorry, nothing to add, no caveats.

I see.  I just thought I’d share that with you guys and see what you thought of it.

Moving on then, how’re things going with you?  Any progress your stories?  I’ve only made a little to that Ben 10/Avatar fic.

Understandable.  Any hint to give about what happens in the next Overlord?

As for the Ben 10/Avatar chapter, I still haven’t gotten the main story part finished, so I went ahead and started to write the first lemon, but it’s not much at this point.

Maybe?  I haven’t planned that far ahead yet.  Still on the fate of the dissidents and how he presents himself to the village.  More likely she’ll make it contingent on being a bride or something which leads to the lemon for the chapter.

Eh, they're Vikings.  Floating around in barrels is kind of what they do. They've served their part in the story.  They'll probably wash up on shore in time to see Hiccup’s dragon army destroy an outpost and run back into their barrels and set out to sea again.

Oh, nothing much, just trying to finish up some homework for college, and I’m on Spring Break next week.

Also, on a more fun and less-work-related note, I can’t seem to get the image of Kai Green in nothing but a white thong rubbing herself up on Ben in front of the other girls.  It’s a random thought that I’m trying to figure how to work into any of the Ben 10 stories we’ve discussed thus far.

3 minutes ago, Rexfan12345 said:

Nothing much but working, I also had ideas of a Ben 10 challenge with him as Spider-Man as well as getting a harem with the girls from Ben 10.

Huh, don’t think I’ve seen one like that before.  Would this harem just include girls from Ben 10 or would it also include versions of Spidey’s lovely ladies?

Also, I posted a challenged a while back where Spidey is a cop in a world where everybody has superpowers, and is in a 4-way polygamous marriage with Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, and Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat.

And another thing about Spidey; did I mention before that Venom was originally supposed to be a woman?

It will include the girls from Ben 10 only, I had ideas of having Kai Green be Black Cat, Gwen Tennyson is MJ, and Julie Yamamoto will be Gwen Stacy as well. 

Really cool idea there, will it add other girls from the marvel world or just those four ladies?

I didn't know that, but we have seen She-Venom so they did kinda made him a woman. 

Edited by Rexfan12345

59 minutes ago, Rexfan12345 said:

It will include the girls from Ben 10 only, I had ideas of having Kai Green be Black Cat, Gwen Tennyson is MJ, and Julie Yamamoto will be Gwen Stacy as well. 

Really cool idea there, will it add other girls from the marvel world or just those four ladies?

I didn't know that, but we have seen She-Venom so they did kinda made him a woman. 

Cool, and I thought it might be better if some of the girls played the roles of Spidey’s ladies.  Here’s a thought; maybe Kai as Black Cat could have the power to turn into a literal anthropomorphic black cat woman?  Plus, I think there’re versions out there where MJ and Gwen Stacy became Spider-Woman.

The idea was mainly just those three (MJ, Gwen Stacy and Black Cat), but it would be okay for the writer to include other babes from Marvel, as long as they had a relationship with Spidey at some point in past comics.

As for the She-Venom thing, yeah I’m aware of it, but you don’t know the original plan they had.  Allow me to explain:

As I said, the original intent was that, instead of Eddie Brock, the Venom symbiote was originally supposed to go from Peter Parker to a woman who had a grudge of her own against our friendly neighborhood web-slinger.  The woman’s story was to be that she was pregnant and one day was ready to give birth, so her husband tried to flag down a taxi so they could get to the hospital in time.  Unfortunately, the taxi driver was paying more attention to Spidey in action instead of the road, and so accidentally hit and killed the woman’s husband.  The woman ended up giving birth on the spot...but the child was a stillborn.  The sudden loss of both her husband and her child caused the woman to go insane, and then be institutionalized in the Ravencroft Institute (Spidey’s version of Arkham Asylum).  She’d eventually regain her sanity and be released, but would still blame Spidey for the loss of her family.  The symbiote would be nearby, fresh off of Spidey’s rejection of it, and sensing the mutual hatred of the wall-crawler, would then bond with the woman to become Venom.

So, if we hadn’t gotten Eddie Brock, we would’ve gotten a female villain who had her own vendetta against Spidey because she wrongfully blamed him for the death of her family.  In case you think there’re problems with that, remember that falsely believing someone wronged you happens in real life, the fact that this is comic book land where character make crazy decisions that make sense to them all the time, and a question that was brought up in Captain America 3, “How responsible are we for things we cause indirectly?”

So why didn’t Marvel go with this idea?  They didn’t think their readers at the time would consider a woman to be a physical enough threat to Spidey (never mind the fact that a woman with the Venom Symbiote would be, by definition, physically STRONGER than Spidey, just like scrawny Cletus Kassidy is with the Carnage Symbiote), so we got Eddie Brock instead, who was pretty much blaming Spidey for things that happened because of his own stupidity.  As a result, it kind of became a self-fulfilling prophecy in that, when you think about it, Spidey doesn’t have a lot of memorable female villains.

In fact, the only one I can think of is Black Cat, who is very on/off when it comes to villainy, as well as the fact that she’s TECHNICALLY a knock-off of Catwoman.

Edited by Snake_King
Grammar

Yikes, good thing.  That back story blows chunks.  Punisher vs Marvel wrapped up the whole indirect consequences theme a lot better than Civil War.  Venom ultimately can’t have a gender anyways due to him being an amorphous blob of black goop composed of rapidly multiplying symbiotic cells that merely takes on characteristics of a host.  Whoever has the symbiote is ‘Venom’.  Genders in comics is a fluid concept anyways since there are gender flipped versions of every hero and villain imaginable somewhere on print.

I love the idea of Kai Green being able to turn to a anthropomorphic black cat babe, maybe like a werecat and naked (with massive tits as well), I also had ideas if Gwen and Julie became Spider-Women, maybe have them grow massive tits and ass.  

Wow, the more you know, that's really cool, she would have been a awesome villain. Spider-Man needs some good female villains

Edited by Rexfan12345

7 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Yikes, good thing.  That back story blows chunks.  Punisher vs Marvel wrapped up the whole indirect consequences theme a lot better than Civil War.  Venom ultimately can’t have a gender anyways due to him being an amorphous blob of black goop composed of rapidly multiplying symbiotic cells that merely takes on characteristics of a host.  Whoever has the symbiote is ‘Venom’.  Genders in comics is a fluid concept anyways since there are gender flipped versions of every hero and villain imaginable somewhere on print.

It’s true, the Venom symbiote is technically genderless, though almost everyone refers to Venom as a “he.”  I’ve never read Punisher vs Marvel, so I can’t make any final conclusions on that.  And it is true that there’s a gender-flipped version of just about every character somewhere in some universe.  However, I do have a couple things to ask you:

1. What do you see as the main problems with the female Venom backstory mentioned here?
  2. What would you have done differently, if given the chance?
2 minutes ago, Rexfan12345 said:

I love the idea of Kai Green being able to turn to a anthropomorphic black cat babe, maybe like a werecat and naked (with massive tits as well), I also had ideas if Gwen and Julie became Spider-Women, maybe have them grow massive tits and ass.  

Wow, the more you know, that's really cool, she would have been a awesome villain.

Glad you like the idea for Kai, although I’m certain how one could go about it, as I see 2 possibilities for how to do it:

1. She came into contact with alien technology affected her DNA and made it so that she could change at will.
  2. Since Kai is of Navajo descent, she could be a Skin-Walker (a type of witch from Navajo folklore that can turn into an animal or disguise themselves as an animal, although most tend to be evil).

To be honest, I kind of favor the second one, as the first just seems like low-hanging fruit.  In case you don’t know what that term means, “low-hanging fruit” refers to a type of target or goal that doesn’t require much effort to accomplish. Plus, her being a Skin-Walker would tie-in better with her background, but what do you think?

How would you have Gwen and Julie become Spider-Women?

21 minutes ago, Praetor said:

I’m annoyed by the lack of females in DBZ.  I have no one for my female OC to fuse with to fight Mira and Towa the second time!  

Yeah, that is a bit frustrating.  Most other female DBZ characters aside from Android 18, Videl and (to an extent) Chichi tend to be either non-fighters or dead.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.