Click Here!

Snake_King's Story Discussion Thread

Snake_King

Just seems too contrived and even if insane, to blame Spider-Man for that specific kind of accident is kind of a stretch.  Like I said, Punisher vs Marvel did it better.  Castle’s family is killed as collateral damage in a fight between the Avengers and X-Men against aliens in Central Park.  There are direct actions and inactions that resulted in the deaths in that instance, versus hit by a cab with a distracted driver and having a still born.  Those things are circumstantial at best.  Then we get a glorious full page print of Castle shooting Cyclops in the face.  So tighten up the correlation between Spider-Man and the family’s death and it’d be fine.  How sure are we that Frieza is a male?  I always thought he was a female until I picked up on the use of male pronouns.

3 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Just seems too contrived and even if insane, to blame Spider-Man for that specific kind of accident is kind of a stretch.  Like I said, Punisher vs Marvel did it better.  Castle’s family is killed as collateral damage in a fight between the Avengers and X-Men against aliens in Central Park.  There are direct actions and inactions that resulted in the deaths in that instance, versus hit by a cab with a distracted driver and having a still born.  Those things are circumstantial at best.  Then we get a glorious full page print of Castle shooting Cyclops in the face.  So tighten up the correlation between Spider-Man and the family’s death and it’d be fine.  How sure are we that Frieza is a male?  I always thought he was a female until I picked up on the use of male pronouns.

Yeah, I agree that the backstory is a bit of a stretch, and with some tinkering here and there, it’d be solid.  Like say...the family being a couple of people he failed to save?  Just a thought.

As for Frieza’s gender, that was confusing for me too, and I think someone told me a while back that Frieza’s race are more or less a bunch of “its” who reproduce asexually.

You know, given that he’s like the most iconic anime villain in league with the likes of Naraku and Orochimaru and numerous members of his species have shown up since his debut, you’d think there’d be a little elaboration on their species traits.  I gather they’re some kind of asexual given his fantastic racist disparaging remarks about the Saiyans and mammals.  Regardless, I’ve seen enough big tit hentai of Frieza to lead me to suspect otherwise.

Also, if you think about it, contrived coincidences happen all the time in Superhero comics.  In real life, most people go their entire lives without coming across any time of crime where they would have to intervene.  In comics and some of the early 2000s superhero movies, no superhero, particularly ones who’ve resolved to give up their capes and tights, can last a day without seeing someone being mugged in an alley, or stumbling across a burning building with someone screaming out the window for help.

2 minutes ago, Praetor said:

You know, given that he’s like the most iconic anime villain in league with the likes of Naraku and Orochimaru and numerous members of his species have shown up since his debut, you’d think there’d be a little elaboration on their species traits.  I gather they’re some kind of asexual given his fantastic racist disparaging remarks about the Saiyans and mammals.  Regardless, I’ve seen enough big tit hentai of Frieza to lead me to suspect otherwise.

Yeah, it would be nice if there was some more elaboration about Frieza’s species, but there’s not really a whole lot of info to go around.

Also, about Frieza’s status as an iconic villain, I watched a video a while back on YouTube where the people behind “Anime America” listed their picks for the “Top 10 Most Evil Villains in Anime.”  Frieza was listed as being number 2, surpassed only by the Major from Hellsing.

"Since Kai is of Navajo descent, she could be a Skin-Walker (a type of witch from Navajo folklore that can turn into an animal or disguise themselves as an animal, although most tend to be evil)."

Sounds awesome and makes perfect sense. And I agree with you about the first one, even if it sounded interesting, but still doesn't seem possible.

As for Gwen and Julie, maybe have them infected with symbiotes (Not sure about Venom or Carnage), possibly being able to control them or something. I had an idea of Ben being bitten by a alien spider instead of a radioactive spider, it also gives him a more strong build as well as bigger and thicker cock.

The Major looks like a wannabe King Bradley from Fullmetal.  Just do an Agent Venom.  The military used a modified version of the Venom symbiote to create a more stable and controlled super soldier that’s essentially Venom with wounded warrior Flash Thompson as the host.

1 hour ago, Rexfan12345 said:

"Since Kai is of Navajo descent, she could be a Skin-Walker (a type of witch from Navajo folklore that can turn into an animal or disguise themselves as an animal, although most tend to be evil)."

Sounds awesome and makes perfect sense. And I agree with you about the first one, even if it sounded interesting, but still doesn't seem possible.

As for Gwen and Julie, maybe have them infected with symbiotes (Not sure about Venom or Carnage), possibly being able to control them or something. I had an idea of Ben being bitten by a alien spider instead of a radioactive spider, it also gives him a more strong build as well as bigger and thicker cock.

Glad we agree on the Skin-Walker idea.

Perhaps Ben, Gwen and Julie were all bitten by alien spiders? You know, in the Ultimate comics, the Sam Raimi films and the TASM films, Spidey was bitten by a genetically altered spider, which is actually more scientifically plausible than the radiation one. Back in the day when they went with that radiated spider in the original comics, writers tended to treat radiation like a sort of pixie dust, just spray someone of something with it and viola! Instant superpowers. However, times changed.

1 hour ago, Praetor said:

The Major looks like a wannabe King Bradley from Fullmetal.  Just do an Agent Venom.  The military used a modified version of the Venom symbiote to create a more stable and controlled super soldier that’s essentially Venom with wounded warrior Flash Thompson as the host.

The reason Anime America chose the Major for the number 1 evil villain in anime is because of the destruction he causes as well as the fact that he just loves war and devastation.  Frieza does enjoy killing and destroying, yes, but he'll mostly do it for revenge or if it's required for whatever task he's set about to do. The Major kills and destroys because he WANTS to, just for the sheer pleasure of it.

Not sure who you're talking to with the Agent Venom thing. I kind of prefer the Symbiote as an alien to be honest, rather than a man made creation.

and I get that, we’re talking about effective villain over destructive potential.  Still, I feel like Frieza represents what anyone can perceive a monster to be where as The Major is just another war monger.  History is littered with them.  Which is more is up to the reader.  Radiation was very poorly understood back then and even today.  For all we knew back then, it could have made super powers.  The trope is Sailor Earth, which is any kind of vaguely outlined system that allows for easy generation of a character.  Need another super character?  Hyper radiation exposure.  Named for Sailor Moon, for which there can theoretically be as many scouts as there are Celestial Bodies (although Tuxedo Mask holds the actual Earth crystal).  The symbiote is an alien, it was just modified for military use in a second Captain America project.  Flash can sometimes loose control of it and it reverts to a more chaotic classical Venom form.  My point was that by some means they could try to harvest a form of the alien symbiote for various reasons and use it.

54 minutes ago, Praetor said:

and I get that, we’re talking about effective villain over destructive potential.  Still, I feel like Frieza represents what anyone can perceive a monster to be where as The Major is just another war monger.  History is littered with them.  Which is more is up to the reader.  Radiation was very poorly understood back then and even today.  For all we knew back then, it could have made super powers.  The trope is Sailor Earth, which is any kind of vaguely outlined system that allows for easy generation of a character.  Need another super character?  Hyper radiation exposure.  Named for Sailor Moon, for which there can theoretically be as many scouts as there are Celestial Bodies (although Tuxedo Mask holds the actual Earth crystal).  The symbiote is an alien, it was just modified for military use in a second Captain America project.  Flash can sometimes loose control of it and it reverts to a more chaotic classical Venom form.  My point was that by some means they could try to harvest a form of the alien symbiote for various reasons and use it.

Ah, I see now.

So, Rexfan12345, any other ideas for this Spider-Ben story of yours? Grandpa Max playing the role of Uncle Ben? Alien versions of Spidey's villains?

I had a few ideas and I do like the idea of Max being Ben's version of Uncle Ben, that would be interesting, but I have a few girls that need to be in his harem

• Elena Validus
  • Lucy Mann
  • Ester
  • Eunice
  • Charmcaster (might be a anti hero latter on)
  • Attea 
  • Looma Red Wind

Also, Ben will be known as Omni-Spider in this version

I can see Charmcaster becoming an anti-hero later on.  “Omni-Spider”, huh?  By that title, I guess it would be safe to assume that he still has the Omnitrix?  I was under the impression that he wouldn’t, and would just have Spidey’s powers.

Maybe eventually, but I think him just having super spider powers would work better for this story.

Would Ben’s villains still be the way the were in the show?  Would there be versions of Spidey’s villains?  Or would the two be mixed together like Dr. Animo becoming a version of Doc Ock or something like that?

Also, what kind of outfits would the Omni-Spider and the Spider-Women wear?  I know you said that Kai gets to be naked due to the whole cat babe transformation, but what sort of costumes would Ben, Gwen and Julie wear?

Perhaps Ben could wear a version of Spidey’s outfit that has a bright green and black coloring instead of red and blue?

So, Ben, Gwen and Julie have full body coverage while Kai gets to be naked? I guess it makes sense all things considered.

What would the plot be?

So, maybe something like this?

For a long time, Ben Tennyson seemed like an average teenaged boy with average problems; he deals with bullies and he can’t seem to get any girl he likes.  At home, he lives with his parents and grandfather, whom he has a loving relationship, but he tends to not talk about his problems with them, preferring to handle them himself.  His rather attractive cousin, Gwen Tennyson, lives next door to him, and they have a love-hate relationship where they secretly have feelings for each other. 

One day, Ben notices a strange man pass by him on the street, and at first Ben pays him no mind, but then he notices that the man dropped his wallet.  Deciding to be good, Ben picks up the wallet and gives it back to the man, but Ben feels an odd scratch on his hand when this occurs.  When Ben looks, the man disappears, and Ben tries to pay it no mind whilst he deals with the itching scratch on his hand, but when half of the day passes, he feels rather unwell, and goes home to sleep the rest of the day off. 

The next morning, he finds himself not only feeling better, but also that his body has undergone some changes, like an improved physique and a bigger dick.  Later, he finds that he’s also developed spider-like abilities, including being able to stick to walls, shooting webs from his wrists, a sixth sense that alerts him to incoming danger, amongst a few others.  At first he’s thrilled, but then realizes that he’d be considered a bit of a freak if it became known, so he opts to keep it secret until he can figure out for himself just what’s going on.

Then we have that bit where Ben basically reenacts the wrestling scene followed by the escaped robber from the first Spider-Man movie, which leads to his grandfather’s death.  But then, at the funeral of Max Tennyson, Ben and family are taken by a group of men in black, who put them all together in a room where they show them a video of Max’s last will and testament.  In this video, Max tells them his life’s story about his work with the Plumbers, aliens, the whole shebang.  Once that is over, the men in black reveal themselves as Plumbers, who then reveal Ben’s secret and why he hasn’t changed into a literal spider man; his latent Anodite genes prevent him from mutating beyond the new abilities he received, and the man who scratched Ben was actually a member of a spider-like race of aliens.

The family is released, but with the knowledge that the Plumbers have their eyes on them, and will be helping out with their living circumstance.  Ben and Gwen comfort each other over the sudden change in their lives, and Ben expresses his desire to help people with his new abilities, saying he doesn’t want a repeat of what happened with Grandpa Max.  So, they put together a costume for him to wear while fighting crime, and as a result, more adventures come their way, along with new allies and enemies.

Sound good with you?

I like it, also what do you think about characters deaths that give the main character depth and realism? (hope you understand), I've been coming up with ideas of my own reimagining/reboot of Ben 10 (a more realistic take on him and the characters), might make a fanfic based on and have a title for it called Ben 10: New Age (still working on it)

I think I do.  Having characters die can add realism to the story, but it helps if we’re given time to know and understand the character first, which can give their deaths all the more meaning.  Characters shouldn’t be killed off before we get to know them.  Although, it also helps if the main character has a believable reason for surviving crazy situations while others do not.

As far as realism goes, I’d still keep it fun.  After all, some people think that “realism = it’s all dark and everyone’s a jerk.”  Dark stories can work, but it helps if it’s tempered with levity and if the darkness has a point.

Besides, let’s not forget that Ben 10 is all about a human boy who gets an alien watch that changes him into a variety of different aliens, his cousin with magical powers, and his grandfather who is a member of a secret government agency that deals with aliens.  It’s much like superheroes, it’s kind of supposed to be silly.

I mean, sure, superheroes can be used in serious stories, and they can be used to address serious issues, but at the end of the day, it’s still a bunch of people in bizarre outfits, with amazing abilities, skills, and/or equipment fighting above-normal threats and supervillains.

It’s called story context.  It has to make sense within its own context.  This is a setting where magic and aliens are definitely real, just role with that.  Don’t make it silly if it doesn’t have to be.  The best way I find to add realism is to add detail.  The easier it is to understand the world and events, the easier it is to believe and feel real.  You don’t necessarily need to add character death to be realistic, people don’t always die in real life.  People die all the time in cartoons and anime, doesn’t make it more realistic.  Conversely, you don’t need character death to be dark.  Princess Tutu was dark as heck and no one really dies in that anime.  A great marriage of dark and real with fun would be Metal Gear Solid 3.  In general it was a grounded and realistic game, with heavy themes when they applied.  It was funny and light hearted where if felt it could be and powerful when it needed to be.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.