Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Guest thismy

That is embarrassing. I meant you're hitting the nail.

YNP, I think your hitting the nail on the head again on all points. The threesome is something I'm not sure about.

That is embarrassing. I meant you're.

When does Jack catch Alan, Amanda and Sam in their threesome,

foursome,

moresome?

Or does he not till Dad does?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't entirely see something like that happening. Not for a long while at least. Amanda is just now starting to get on "normal" terms with Alan. Plus, bringing Sam into the equation would bring back issues that the previous saga was supposed to have closed. Such as anybody outside the family(excluding Kayla) from finding out.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't entirely see something like that happening. Not for a long while at least. Amanda is just now starting to get on "normal" terms with Alan. Plus, bringing Sam into the equation would bring back issues that the previous saga was supposed to have closed. Such as anybody outside the family(excluding Kayla) from finding out.

Maybe when the twins are 18. or in their senior year. Or are starting college. Maybe then. Now, lets let Jack get some well-deserved rest.

As has been pointed out they are the same age as Jack, now to go on, they have been having sex for six months longer than Jack, NO ONE clears sexual tension as fast as they did and now they are hanging out. I do not say the first time will be planned. I am saying it can happen and once started that sort of thing has a way of snow balling into something else fast.

I was trying to be light about it and make fun of it but their hanging together does say to me that Dad is having some kind of con job ran on him. Jack did delay dad more than long enough for one of them to say to the other "what no one knows can't hurt us."

My final point is that Joe did say he drew the inspiration for them from a real life brother and sister couple he knows. Unless they broke up and went their separate ways I would expect there is eventually going to be more to this, a way to come back together in the next year or three. I remember couples (not incestuous ones, in the '70s and '80s if that was found out you had no friends left by the end of the day. and spent a year or two rebuilding those friendships. That I do know for a fact.) that broke up and came back together multiple times in J/HS, and a few even later got married.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

Guest JohnnyBanana

Thanks Refugee, Its great to be back. My last comment being somewhere around page 35 or something, i have a bunch to catch up with here in the forums lol. Nah im not going to read all that

But you missed so much! Not sure if you were here for the guy that went off on literally everybody in the entire world after getting into a fight with ynp(what was his name again? Something about hands...maybe) and we all backed ynp of course. Dude was nuts. Then there were a couple downers..my dad has leukemia (kicking it's ass, I might add), and Chester just had a pretty gnarly surgery and is learning how to walk again. But everybody is happy at the moment so let's focus on that!

Guest JohnnyBanana

He pulled the trigger. He made an account. He did.. and nothing overly significant resulted from it. Alas, he was a little happier than before. And he made the single most climactic DBZ scene his picture. So that was cool too. He also decided he'd talk about himself in third person. He's an odd one, that JohnnyBanana

He pulled the trigger. He made an account. He did.. and nothing overly significant resulted from it. Alas, he was a little happier than before. And he made the single most climactic DBZ scene his picture. So that was cool too. He also decided he'd talk about himself in third person. He's an odd one, that JohnnyBanana

Congrats, Johnny! I was wondering what your avatar was. Finished reading Ch. 29 last night before I dozed off. Refreshing and laid back but I'm still too tired to think right now so maybe later. :trink25:

Hey everyone!

First of all, before the Reality Check, a couple things. First, a big, enthusiastic welcome-back to DarkRomantics to the forums. Missed having you!

Second, congratulations to JohnnyBanana on his official account :) Welcome aboard.

All right, time for the Reality Check!

- Jack's tossing of all his old materials is exactly what I did at the end of every school year. Nothing felt better than my heavy-ass backpack now light as a feather and not needing to be filled for several months.

- A lot of Kayla's dialogue comes directly from my wife, including most of the zingers. Verbatim. I made sure to ask her permission before I used them.

- The pool party was an amalgamation of several pool parties I've had over the years, mostly drawn from one in particular at the end of my Junior year. The conversations and the pool they were at are drawn from that, while other finer details come from other parties.

- The description of Tara's house is based very much on the area where my cousin's family used to live, mixed with some of my ideal features of homes I would like to live in once we move.

That's all I got for now. I've started work on Chapter 30 and hopefully it should clip along at a nice pace. We shall see.

Hope you all are well and see you soon! :D

Guest Joe Long

First off what I want to say is no no,no,no no,no,no,no,no, NO! Emma Watson, No! If Kayla is supposed to be a beautiful woman, you want an actress that embodies that not some pissed off, angry bitch with the body of a twelve y/o boy (Emma Watson). If some one were to play Kayla it would have to be someone with a certain "girl next door" kind of beauty who doesn't have a resting bitch face. Now I understand there are some Harry Potter fans who like here but.... no no,no,no no,no,no,no,no

I had always pictured Kayla as the young Katie Holmes from "Dawson's Creek"

All right, time for the Reality Check!

- Jack's tossing of all his old materials is exactly what I did at the end of every school year. Nothing felt better than my heavy-ass backpack now light as a feather and not needing to be filled for several months.

Hope you all are well and see you soon! :D

Yeah, that did bring back memories! I recall on the last day every classroom having a large trash can just for that purpose. Funny when you think about it...All that paperwork that was so supremely valuable during the year being jettisoned in a heartbeat-- and with a heartfelt FUCK YOU!!

Good chapter, Joe. Hopefully, I'll be back home when Chapter 30 is posted.

Edited by Chester57

I think it's safe to assume that Jack and Kayla didn't go to Jessica's place for her little party. I'm actually glad for that, I also kind of wonder what Nick and Jessica had been plotting that last day when he was all over Kayla. He definitely didn't have any qualms messing with Kayla with Jack right there. Sam could also be a bit of an issue too, Kayla not having much going on over the summer I have a feeling that she may wind up spending time at certain baseball games while Jack may be out of town for conventions, or even while he's stuck at work. So many things that could get in the way, with luck, and probably a few plot twists, who knows where this will all end up. Eagerly, but as always patiently await the future installments, amazing job as always Joe. :)

Yeah, that did bring back memories! I recall on the last day every classroom having a large trash can just for that purpose. Funny when you think about it...All that paperwork that was so supremely valuable during the year being jettisoned in a heartbeat-- and with a heartfelt FUCK YOU!!

Good chapter, Joe. Hopefully, I'll be back home when Chapter 30 is posted.

That's the problem with two year courses, I have to hold onto the material since for my year group they decided that, instead of having an exam each year we would have two at the end of the two years. But I do plan on giving the school the bird as I leave.

Hey everyone!

Mr. Harrison- Christopher Meloni

Mr. Hannigan- Michael Chiklis

For Mr. Harrison, I was thinking of one of the Wahlbergs, probably the one on "Blue Bloods". Meloni's a little older now, but he's a tough guy.

For Mr. Hannigan, I was thinking Gerard Butler.

Two friends of mine (brothers) are suffering from a svere form of SMA (a form of muscular atrophy caused by degenerating motor neurons). As it turned out, their parents are related. the maternal grandmothers of both parents were cousins. This quite distant biological relation was enough to cause the desease that had been dormant (a recessive gene defect) in the family for generations.

How are you sure it was the relationship that caused the condition? They are only third cousins. If if it did, how often does it occur in people who are related to the same degree (or closer)?

I ask because I do my family tree and even though I'm not from West Va there are tons of related folks. I know a woman who's husband's parents were 2nd cousins, for three generations. Taking a wife who had the same maiden name as the mother, for three consecutive generations? In a nearby township that's been dominated by a religious sect for the past 200 years, virtually everyone of them who were married in the 1900's is a 2nd or 3rd cousin who are related 50, 60, 70 different lines, and I don't believe they are any less healthy than the rest of us.

Considering that Christmas in this story was published right around Christmas in real life, and Valentines Day as well, I'd say this is written in pretty much real time. So, around 2014-2015.

It was mentioned that New Years was IIRC on a Wednesday, which would be 1 Jan 2013

Jocks are the worst relationships for a rebound. They think it is their right to sleep with as many girls as possible at the same time for the most part.

I love that Joe wrote a baseball player into the story, remembering that they don't always get all the girls they want.

Guest Its_ry_bruh

I've been reading the story since day 1 of Chapter 1, and came over here to read the stories and the reviews, but only yesterday discovered the forums. I've read every message since.

We can see that lol

How are you sure it was the relationship that caused the condition? They are only third cousins. If if it did, how often does it occur in people who are related to the same degree (or closer)?

I ask because I do my family tree and even though I'm not from West Va there are tons of related folks. I know a woman who's husband's parents were 2nd cousins, for three generations. Taking a wife who had the same maiden name as the mother, for three consecutive generations? In a nearby township that's been dominated by a religious sect for the past 200 years, virtually everyone of them who were married in the 1900's is a 2nd or 3rd cousin who are related 50, 60, 70 different lines, and I don't believe they are any less healthy than the rest of us.

I tried to explain with statistics. So, thank you for the hard evidence that chance is the better explanation for the majority of birth defects in closely related relationships.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.