Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Too dark? Compared to the Christopher Reeve movies? C'mon, those were laughable. IMHO, Man of Steel is refreshingly dark-- just like the Dark Knight trilogy was so much better than all the Batman movies that came before it.

I honestly haven't seen any of them yet, dunno what that says about me. I do watch TV though, ask me about Battlestar Galactica!

My daughter can engage you in a good conversation about the Dark Night movies (I watch most of the Marvel and DC TV shows), and yesterday we were helping my son move into a new place and I found myself carrying his collection of video games, and there was Mass Effect on top of the stack. Between film and video games, you and he would probably get along great.

Edited by Joe Long

Okay, maybe I was a little harsh. Superman (1978?) was notable because of the special effects. For the first time, he actually looked like he was flying. Story could have been better. In Superman 2 the story WAS better and, of course, there was the fight with Zod. The last two movies were completely forgettable and killed the series as sure as green Kryptonite. Superman Returns was a definite improvement and I liked the way they used the Marlon Brando/ Jor-El footage and voice-over to tie in with the earlier movies. ...and I loved Smallville.

...and I loved Smallville.

I never watched Smallville, but have a question - how does the same network that showed Oliver Queen/Arrow as a main character on Smallville, less than two years after that series ends it's run, come back with a new show, Arrow, that has a totally different vackstory for Oliver Queen? (I have seen every episode of Arrow).

I admit that I need to get caught up on Arrow. Since I'm sitting around the house for the next month I'll check out the back episodes on Netflix. As for the re-boot of Oliver Queen, that seems to be more or less routine these days. Truth be told-- Green Arrow was never an A-list superhero (although one of my favorites) so I guess the producers/ writers thought they could do as they please.

Edited by Chester57

I'm very interested in finding out the story behind Rhona. Remember Jack telling Brad that he got the only position available at GameStop? So this girl breezes in and ten minutes later she has a job? Okay, obviously she worked there before but is she just added on or is maybe Mac or Paul leaving? With her brains and other "attributes" she is no doubt very good at selling games to young guys. Yeah, she's definitely going to mess with Jack.

Guest Delta4

Hey Jashley can you check your inbox at blue site forum? i have few suggestions but for some reason i am unable to Pm you here and nor i want to suggest them in public,or like an email etc etc ?

@Joe Long. you may not have been reading the forums when I suggested that Sam was gay the chapter just after he was introduced when they reveled that they (Amanda and Sam) had not done it but had tried. As for my comment about 50+ yo, I recently lived for a few years in a closed community, you had to work there in order to live there. In 3 years there I had 4 room mates, only my niece was by my own choice. She knew that the living arrangements would be temporary she held the room for me but intended to and did leave soon after I arrived. The rest of my room mates were chosen for me by the company, they told me if I would not pick someone they would. The next room mate volunteered to move out so he could move in with his best friend, they were in their mid twenties. The next two were both a minimum of 10 years older than I was... I was in my mid 40s. The first thing one of them told me was that eye sight was the second thing to go. I was already loosing that and fell for the bait and asked about the first. He just cocked his head and said "Now, really, if you are loosing your eye sight you already know the answer!" I did not figure it out for two weeks. He opened a little bottle and poured a couple little blue pills into a bag. He said he was going down the hill to a dance club, one that was known to cater to the older set, and hoped to get lucky then patted the pocket he had put the bag with the pills in, repeating that "Eye sight is the second thing to go." Well for me it was not. I had grown up and lived most of my adult life with eyes that would have made me a sniper if I had joined the military. I had far better than 20/20, could shot birds in flight with a .22 cal. and solder smds to circuit boards by hand, and excellent night vision till I hit 40. By 41 I was having trouble reading because one eye was going blurry, head ache city, by 42 neither eye would focus in the reading range.

As for super hero movies.... I do not tend to judge them. I mean they are meant to not be taken seriously. If I want a movie that is meant to be taken seriously I look for a GOOD Sci. Fi. Poor Sci. Fi. is the same as super hero stuff. Shut down your brain and watch it, if you can forget it is a movie and connect to the characters for the last 1/2 the movie it has done its job.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

Guest Delta4

Yes, Queen Rhona knows when she gives a guy a boner and isn't afraid to tell them that she knows. She will unmercifully tease Jack's cock.

Jack is not to be blamed by ignoring those girls because he is already in love with Kyla,but those girls(Jessica,Rhona) do have a high ego because they are beautiful,famous and used to see guys begging for their attention.so when a guy like Jack come around they find a challange to conquer him,the more he ingnores them the more they are temted and during this game they usually fall for the guy.

Jack is not to be blamed by ignoring those girls

Yes, Jack is supposed to ignore them, but Rhona will see him as a fresh meat challenge and pounce. We will be witness to Jack's inner struggle and how well Kayla handles the situation ("me or that job!"). We know that Kayla still resents Jessica, 8 or 9 months later.

The first thing one of them told me was that eye sight was the second thing to go.

Once you're past 50, the joke will change to
"When you get old, there are three things you lose...the first is your memory."
"What's the second thing?"
"I forgot."

As for super hero movies.... I do not tend to judge them. I mean they are meant to not be taken seriously. If I want a movie that is meant to be taken seriously I look for a GOOD Sci. Fi. Poor Sci. Fi. is the same as super hero stuff. Shut down your brain and watch it, if you can forget it is a movie and connect to the characters for the last 1/2 the movie it has done its job.

I seen much more of the recent TV shows than the movies.

I will say, that although they are super-heroes, the best stories are those that explore the characters, showing their struggles as they have to decide how to react to their situations. We can all relate to that. Agents of Shield has been good at that this year. I haven't seen Man of Steel but from what jashley wrote and other have commented hear, it seems to have the same moral dilemmas. That is why I thought Ron Moore's re-imagined Battlestar Galactica was one of the best shows ever.

Yes, Jack is supposed to ignore them, but Rhona will see him as a fresh meat challenge and pounce.

and how well Kayla handles the situation ("me or that job!")

Hope it doesn't come to that. Women who give ultimatums had better be prepared to live with the consequences. Recall that Jack has said that the job at GameStop turned out to be an important part of his life.

Edited by Chester57

I haven't seen Man of Steel but from what jashley wrote and other have commented hear, it seems to have the same moral dilemmas.

Not to be a spoiler, but the moral dilemmas in Man of Steel are with both Jor-El and Johnathan Kent. Most people would be fortunate to have one good father; Kal-El had two.

Hope it doesn't come to that. Women who give ultimatums had better be prepared to live with the consequences. Recall that Jack has said that the job at GameStop turned out to be an important part of his life.

Unlike Nicole from BMS, who enjoys and defends being a slut, I don't think Rhona gets off on being WITH guys, instead I think her thing is controlling guys with her sexuality. She can wiggle her boobs, get a guy to pop a boner, and bask in the power that she wields. Jack will be a tough nut to crack, making Rhona try even harder, and Kayla can't help but notice. Jessica could be avoided, but Jack will have to work with Rhona, at least until the end of the summer.

I saw Katie once a week at the bowling alley. A normal girl, not a seductress, but still hard to keep your eyes off her face and her tits (think Lily from the AT&T commercials). It took girlfriend Hannah awhile to come to terms with that.

att-food-court-family-pricing-commercial

Edited by Joe Long

I am so stealing that pic. She is beautiful.

Try not to stain the pic.

While I was googling for a photo that emphasized her breasts, I found a video of her doing an interview for an LA radio station. I'm falling in love https://youtu.be/GLQCmrX6ypA

and check out "Sperm Bank" (edit: didn't know that was going to imbed!)

Edited by Joe Long

Hey guys!

So, as you know, I took a rather nasty swipe at Cher Lloyd and her abysmal single 'Want U Back' in the last chapter. While I think it was wholly deserved (seriously, the song is so bad I almost want to recommend you listen to it...but I love you guys too much), I don't want to give the impression that I'm some jaded snob about music so I figured I might as well share my Top Ten Favorite Songs, just so you get an idea of what I like and where I come from when I judge music. Wholly subjective of course.

Why Top Ten? Well, it's just easier for me to do. I have a Top Ten Favorite Video Games, Top Ten Favorite TV Shows, make a Top Ten Best and Worst Films list each year, etc. Only exception is favorite movies; being a huge film buff, I have a Top Fifty. Yes, I'm that insane.

So, for your pleasure, here are my Top Ten Favorite Songs of all time:

1. "Under Pressure"- Queen with David Bowie

2. "Lose Yourself"- Eminem

3. "American Pie"- Don McLean

4. "What About Everything"- Carbon Leaf

5. "Into The West"- Annie Lennox

6. "The Times They Are A-Changin'"- Bob Dylan

7. "The End"- The Doors

8. "Hallelujah"- Rufus Wainwright (I know he didn't technically write the song but his cover is my favorite)

9. "Citizen Soldier"- 3 Doors Down

10. "All Downhill From Here"- A New Found Glory

Plenty of Honorable Mentions but those are my personal top ten favorites.

Started working on Chapter 31. Have the whole chapter outlined but it's the details that with require the most attention. Hope to get it out quickly but we shall see.

Updates to follow!

Edited by Jashley13

Well, you're definitely not a head-banger - those songs give me the impression of a deep thinker.

I think I still like Bowie's version better, and 3 Doors Down was probably my favorite song on the list that I didn't previously know (6 of the 10)

Edited by Joe Long

Guest True_love

"If love is finding more happiness in another’s happiness than your own, and true love is two people finding complete happiness in each other’s happiness; then couldn’t it also be love to find more excitement in another’s excitement, and true love be two people finding complete or overriding excitement in each other’s excitement."

Copied form a great story.but it gives words to the situation if Jack-kyla-Tara can have a mutual way

Guest fifteenover4

That list of songs, whilst not bad by any means seems pretty..... safe and boring? It gives the impression of someone who is trying to be deep. I guess I was just expecting something a bit more eclectic. That said, I'm not sure if I could nail down my top ten songs, I'd probably struggle enough with albums. Kudos for having a crack at it. Not crediting David Bowie for co-writing/performing your favourite song of all time? Poor form.

5. "Into The West"- Annie Lennox

8. "Hallelujah"- Rufus Wainwright (I know he didn't technically write the song but his cover is my favorite)

Two of my favorites, I must assume you are somewhat of a LOTRs fan? Real quality books and movies, great score too!

Edited by thismy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.