Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Hey guys! So, I'm gonna try and get the chapter finished up by tonight and then do the editing tomorrow. If all goes well, it should be up by tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then Tuesday for certain. Sorry this one took me a little longer than normal but...well, it's a bit longer than normal and involves stuff that I really needed to sit and think about for a while to make sure I wasn't cheapening the effect. Hopefully, it'll be worth the extra wait.

Guest hello

Hey guys! So, I'm gonna try and get the chapter finished up by tonight and then do the editing tomorrow. If all goes well, it should be up by tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then Tuesday for certain. Sorry this one took me a little longer than normal but...well, it's a bit longer than normal and involves stuff that I really needed to sit and think about for a while to make sure I wasn't cheapening the effect. Hopefully, it'll be worth the extra wait.

Can you start splitting longer chapters in half?

I would say take the time to make it what you want. As hard as it is it does not kill us to wait. I want to read your best effort because that is what will in the end make you the happiest to share with us.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

Sorry this one took me a little longer than normal but...well, it's a bit longer than normal and involves stuff that I really needed to sit and think about for a while to make sure I wasn't cheapening the effect. Hopefully, it'll be worth the extra wait.

Don't worry about it being longer. It's not like you're boring us! :2tubs:

Guest JohnnyBanana

Missouri, here. Joe, you take as much time as you need for a chapter. Insert forty reasons why here. It's all been said. You know we will be faithful to you no matter how long it takes you to put out a chapter. And that's that.

Joe, you take as much time as you need for a chapter. Insert forty reasons why here. It's all been said. You know we will be faithful to you no matter how long it takes you to put out a chapter. And that's that.

I could not agree more with this if I had wrote it myself.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

Chapter 28 is finally, at long last, up.

Wow...this was a draining one. Not just because it's the longest chapter I ever wrote (87 pages) but because it culminates pretty much everything that the story has been driving towards not just for this Saga but from the beginning of the story. Once I had completed it, I went back and read Chapter 1 again, basically saying, "Wow...and look where we are now."

I was planning on taking a small sabbatical after this chapter, just to recover, but I realized that the best way to recover from something so emotional and draining was...to keep pressing on. I'll probably take a few days off before starting the next chapter but I can say that it'll be a bit more happy and light that the past few have been. Won't spoil anything but it's not going to be anywhere near as heavy.

Thank you all so much for your support and kindness through this process. Reading your posts, whether of support or comment, have been a huge boost to my spirits and a major driving force to keep my going. I can honestly say I wouldn't enjoy this anywhere near as much without you guys. You're the best readers an author could have and your loyalty and kindness inspire me to keep going, whether I'm writing a cheerful or a sad chapter.

Thank you for the continued support, hope you enjoy this chapter, and I hope it was worth the wait. Reality Check to follow.

See you all in the next Saga: the Summer Saga.

Guest DocGray

I don't mean to sound rude, just pointing out a fact error that you may have overlooked. Jack and Sam are talking at the play and Jack mentions Archer being a lawyer show, it is actually a spy show. Love the story, keep up the good work.

Guest AyeAyeRonald

Probably one of the best chapters ever, in my opinion. Alan wanting to die really hit home on a personal level for me, for pretty much the same type of scenario. It's good to see him and Amanda finally be mature and talk about everything, even if it was forced. As for Jack, I know how he feels towards the end as well. Working so hard for one goal for months, only to have it whisked away at the last minute. This story has had some pretty real moments before, but none quite as real as this. Thank you, Joe.

Stayed up to the 48hour point after finishing a project to read this.

Good job, Joe.

Why do I get the feeling something is not adding up in the end... OH. I have just raised 2 nieces who are now in their early 20s. I saw that dating is not that much different from when i was in HS except that now it's group dates at the mall more till you get a G/BF... My older niece went through like 3 guys in 4 years of HS the younger one 2. Both swore they were in love with each one. Even, if I don't think, either lost her virginity till after they were 18. I know both boys that were the girls firsts. One boy, well man now, is still a friend of mine and calls me Uncle even though my niece has moved on and had a child by someone else. So to me a girl saying she is not in love with her BF I wander what is wrong? She has been used to having sex and does not have it with the current? Ah, something is fishy and not adding up.

A guy goes from 'I love her so much that if she hates me I will kill myself' and meaning it to a hour later 'I just thought I was in love.' What is wrong with that pic? Did you really end the saga or is there to be a later revisit where we find they got about as smart as they can get. If no one knows no one can stop us. IE a secret held by more than 2 people is gossip.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

Guest TasDave

Not a bad read (I'm Australian so I'll understate all I damn well please), my one criticism, that you do address in the story, is that Jack is seemingly becoming increasingly arrogant and naive. Not in an outwardly manner to others, but just his internal monologue in things like how Sam is just like him, and that if two people are in love then they must be meant to be forever no exceptions. It just seems to have been more prominent as the Twins Saga was reaching a crescendo. But I'm really just nit picking here as it's something that's bugged me for the past few chapters. I'm surprised YNP could read the anal part of the chapter, clearly Jack must not care about Kayla at all. :P

It'll be interesting indeed to see what the Summer Saga brings, and hopefully we'll see Alan become mildly interesting too!

Not a bad read (I'm Australian so I'll understate all I damn well please), my one criticism, that you do address in the story, is that Jack is seemingly becoming increasingly arrogant and naive. Not in an outwardly manner to others, but just his internal monologue in things like how Sam is just like him, and that if two people are in love then they must be meant to be forever no exceptions. It just seems to have been more prominent as the Twins Saga was reaching a crescendo. But I'm really just nit picking here as it's something that's bugged me for the past few chapters. I'm surprised YNP could read the anal part of the chapter, clearly Jack must not care about Kayla at all. :P

It'll be interesting indeed to see what the Summer Saga brings, and hopefully we'll see Alan become mildly interesting too!

Actually as with most of the sex scenes I did not read it I scrolled a few paragraphs and read. I mostly scan them for meaningful dialog such as agreements that could effect the relationship. Believe it or not I care very little about the sex scenes there is only so many ways to say "Her ass was so tight" or "It felt like a velvet vise." You read 100 or more stories and that gets BORING.

I have stated and will continue to state I read Joe's work for the characterization not the sex.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

Actually as with most of the sex scenes I did not read it I scrolled a few paragraphs and read. I mostly scan them for meaningful dialog such as agreements that could effect the relationship. Believe it or not I care very little about the sex scenes there is only so many ways to say "Her ass was so tight" or "It felt like a velvet vise." You read 100 or more stories and that gets BORING.

I have stated and will continue to state I read Joe's work for the characterization not the sex.

I usually just skim the sex parts in this story. Not saying that they're bad. Rather, the characterization is what's more interesting. Some stories are able to do both the characterization and the sex excellently, but here, the characterization is far above the sex scenes.

I did not say bad. I indicated repetitive because of limitations on the language and such. I read Joe's stories because he writes about more than sex so his characters respond to the situations and leave room for the reader to wander what is really going on.

Examples:

The 'Talk' and outcome... already discussed it read several posts back

The Nick confrontation. Some of Kayla's responses seemed like maybe she might have regretted it. Did she and why? Is she a little upset with Jack now over it or is she somewhat happy it is over. On Nicks part... he is the theater/science type, a jock would pound you man to man, a science type... He was emotional and well we do have the promise of a pipe bomb.

Last Edit

If Amanda were injured by the pipe bomb the reactions of Alan and Sam might be what actually persuades the parents to change their minds about the relationship. Alan at the hospital doing the "I can't live with out you." while Sam is getting on to the 'cleared' team bus not to show up till the next morning at the hospital. Especially if seeing the scene a Nurse or Doctor did the typical "Sorry, son, this is ICU it's family only." and Dad had to explain that they are triplets and those two have always been close, more like twins.

End last edit

The scene in the theater... Sam was alone. Why Jack was there alone was clear but i did not go to a MUSICAL in HS alone ever. Two of my three best friends were female one would have gone with me as a friend at least if I did not have a date. Musicals are supposed to be the firm area of GAY guys. For this sole reason I would have avoided it alone. Still kind of wandering about Sam's sexual orientation. Later Jack notices Joes reaction but he did not stop to think or ask himself why Sam CHOSE to watch a MUSICAL alone and ELECTED to sit next to a GUY while doing it. And then only a week or so later has his GF go home instead of securing her a place on the supporters bus to his game. Revealed later to have been dating a girl for a month and not put enough effort into getting her in bed. I do not remember a real description of Amanda in the story but I personally always imagine her to be above average in looks and in HS if she had been average looking, someone I could spend hours talking to and not run out of conversation material and I were not firmly in the friend zone, I would have put some effort in.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

Guest Cra$h73

Love this chapter but i think it is time for Jack to be done with his family's and other people's problems cause he gets nothing in return in terms of gratitude for his efforts. So it's time for him to say "enough, i love all of you but I'm done helping you people with your problems" because the emotional toll it takes on him is very unhealthy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.