Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

I don't subscribe to the whole, "Worst thing that can happen is she says 'no'" line of thinking, just because it never seemed to work for me. My best advice is to make it a casual offer. My first girlfriend and I went to the musical our high school was putting on. Something that doesn't scream DATE but that acts as a fun social thing you two can do together.

Of course Joe WENT to the musical, he can't sing! (IIRC you saw Seussical with a male friend). Did you ever act in any?

I think it's good to try to believe "worst thing that can happen" but actually feeling like that is something else. I agree on the casual approach, even like the food court and walking around the mall - something that gives you time to hang out and talk, to get to know each other better.

Edited by Joe Long

I woke up this morning to "Calm the Storm" playing in my head. One of my all time favorites, it's on a short list of songs I've considered quoting lyrics of for my story, although the songs are more contemporary.

Here's where to listen to that one and two more that help capture the feeling of frustration and hope

Dear Angel, April Sixth (2005)

City of Anger, Mad at the World (1990)

Calm the Storm, Spoken (2013)

Haha thanks, but there's my anxiety. I have a massive fear of rejection. I'm working on it, but yeah. Also I don't know her. I know her name, and that's about it. I mean, she recognizes me, but I don't know.

I know what you mean, i went through it too, hell i still go through it every day. All you need to do, is take a few deep breaths, calm yourself, smile (but not too creepily) and just be yourself. Strike up conversation, look up openers online or just go with the flow, improvise. I had an opportunity with a friend of mine, i really liked her and was afraid that if i told her, she'll reject me and i'll even lose my friendship with her, but one day i made a choice that i was gonna do it, because when i died many years from now, i didn't wanted to regret not telling her, so i manned up and i told her, she was silent for 15-20 minutes, those were the longest minutes of my life, but then she told me the best four words in the world, "I like you too".

Dude, just go for it, life's too friggin short to worry about the what ifs, who knows maybe she likes you too. ; )

Agreeing with @Jashley13, keep it casual, a coffee place is fair game, food court, etc. Girls sometimes reject because with a restaurant date there is too much pressure of it being a "date", and they get nervous themselves. Next time when you see her, try to strike up normal conversation, and see how it goes from there. Good Luck man, you're gonna be alright.

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

I woke up this morning to "Calm the Storm" playing in my head. One of my all time favorites, it's on a short list of songs I've considered quoting lyrics of for my story, although the songs are more contemporary.

Here's where to listen to that one and two more that help capture the feeling of frustration and hope

Dear Angel, April Sixth (2005)

City of Anger, Mad at the World (1990)

Calm the Storm, Spoken (2013)

I see you have an awesome taste in music, when i'm feeling frustrated, hurt, angry and i need my release and to get re-motivated, i listen to Returning Empty Handed by Underoath. A word of warning, they're pretty extreme, the genre is metalcore, and there are heavy distortion guitars and screaming, so it might not be according to your taste, anyway, right in the bridge when he screams "as the light begins to breach...", feeling of pure bliss and relaxation.

I don't subscribe to the whole, "Worst thing that can happen is she says 'no'" line of thinking, just because it never seemed to work for me

The worst thing that can happen is our fantasy image of what might have been is smashed.

In our imaginations we conjure a scenario where life is great - always happy, beautiful girl, the sex is fantastic. It's so much better than now, we want it so bad. Then comes the moment of truth - will it come true or be broken into pieces?

Some truths -

1 the future is never as idealistic as we make it out to be.

2 sometimes, many times, it was her and not you.

So why does Tara always go out with jerks?

Look for someone you can have fun with, share the things you like, and is kind in return. There may be more beautiful girls on the outside, but it's there on the inside.

Look for someone you can have fun with, share the things you like, and is kind in return. There may be more beautiful girls on the outside, but it's there on the inside.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I see you have an awesome taste in music,

Underoath. A word of warning, they're pretty extreme, the genre is metalcore, and there are heavy distortion guitars and screaming, so it might not be according to your taste,

I have "Reinventing Your Exit" and Writing on the Walls" on my iPod, but not in my big playlist.

I listen to metalcore, but I prefer the more melodic versions. My favorite band is Demon Hunter, with songs like "Fire to my Soul", Follow the Wolves", "My Destiny", "God Forsaken" and "What I'm Not". My favorite album is "The Tryptich" which gets pretty heavy, but I also really like their new one, "Extremist" which is somewhat more melodic.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Thank you. I'm still hoping wisdom comes with age.

Edited by Joe Long

I have "Reinventing Your Exit" and Writing on the Walls" on my iPod, but not in my big playlist.

I listen to metalcore, but I prefer the more melodic versions. My favorite band is Demon Hunter, with songs like "Fire to my Soul", Follow the Wolves", "My Destiny", "God Forsaken" and "What I'm Not". My favorite album is "The Tryptich" which gets pretty heavy, but I also really like their new one, "Extremist" which is somewhat more melodic.

Thank you. I'm still hoping wisdom comes with age.

I have never respected you more, dude, i am honored to have met you, finding another person who listens to the same music you do is really cool. I have heard about Demon Hunter, i have no idea why i didn't check em out, i mean they showed up when i searched for new bands but...i honestly don't know why i didn't check em out, oh well, thanks to you now i will. The Devil Wears Prada and Underoath are my all time favorite bands.

Yes, you are pretty wise already, so i'd say you're off to a wonderful start :thumbsup:

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

speaking of relationships, one young lady I follow on Twitter just posted this

CIRVeYbW8AElhjV.jpg

followed by

#YoureAllowedToHaveFriendsOfTheOppositeSexWithoutItBeingRomantic

hahaha, well i do admire her spirit.

What are your favorite weapons to use in Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2? This is for everyone following the story.

I really wish I'd played these games, along with many others, but my parents didn't (don't) like gaming systems. And I have an Apple Mac. I honestly have only played KOTOR, COD (4 in particular, since it's actually decent), and Minecraft. I want Civ, bio shock, ect, but I just don't have the money.

Nah, I will ask about the most exciting game ever... Who plays The Sims.... lol got ya. Thismy, you have not missed a whole lot, being limited. I have given up years of my life to MMORPGs. Now I have not played a game in over a year. i think I am better off without them. No more EQ, WoW, WoT, or Mechs, no more elves, half elves, rangers, palladines, mages, or enchanters and I am doing much better with real life. Wait till you are playing and asking yourself why you are wasting your time, that is a low point, the sinking in the stomach kind of low point, when you can not figure out why you are playing the games any more.

Not knocking any one who still is. It is just I do not really find them all that fun any more.

Edited by YNP_Refugee

I really wish I'd played these games, along with many others, but my parents didn't (don't) like gaming systems. And I have an Apple Mac. I honestly have only played KOTOR, COD (4 in particular, since it's actually decent), and Minecraft. I want Civ, bio shock, ect, but I just don't have the money.

I'd suggest Skyrim (its awesome on PC because you can mod the hell outta that), Crysis trilogy, Assassin's Creed (2, Brotherhood and Revelations to be more precise), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

To those who have played Skyrim, i have a thought in my head, imagine the gameplay and immersiveness of Skyrim, and put it in futuristic cyber-punk world. Just take Skyrim, and advance the technology and the world up to Cyber-punk era, How cool would that be?

Guest Alptraumsong

To those who have played Skyrim, i have a thought in my head, imagine the gameplay and immersiveness of Skyrim, and put it in futuristic cyber-punk world. Just take Skyrim, and advance the technology and the world up to Cyber-punk era, How cool would that be?

Isn't that basically Fallout? Haven't played them yet but meaning to.

And if you are talking metal, ADTR and ATR are awesomeness. Plenty of other melo/death/core but thems happy music.

\:D/

Isn't that basically Fallout? Haven't played them yet but meaning to.

And if you are talking metal, ADTR and ATR are awesomeness. Plenty of other melo/death/core but thems happy music.

\:D/

Fallout is post-apocalyptic as far as i know, i'm talking about like entire cities of the cyberpunk era. Think like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, fit the tech, the environment, and stuff from that era into Skyrim. Imagine Breezehome in Whiterun like a futristic apartment, The Civil War can fit here perfectly as well, though not sure how to fit the dragons...but still.

And yep, they indeed are, got whole discographies of them, really cool stuff.

Steam is a fantastic way to get into video games if you only have a computer and don't want to spend a huge amount of money. There are dozens of games for very small price ranges that you can spend hours with and end up being just as entertaining as the big-name high-price-tag console releases. It's free to sign up and their library is expansive.

And, since we're on the subject, I remember when I posted my Top Ten Favorite Songs. Well, figured it might be interesting to do my Top Ten Favorite Video Games as well. Probably a little more predictable due to multiple mentions in the story, but...

1. Skyrim
  2. Knights of The Old Republic
  3. Bioshock Infinite
  4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  5. Mass Effect 3 (I'd love to put the whole trilogy here but figured I shouldn't cheat)
  6. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  7. Resident Evil 4
  8. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  9. God of War II
  10. Final Fantasy VII

Honorable Mentions: Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, Shogun 2: Total War

Steam is a fantastic way to get into video games if you only have a computer and don't want to spend a huge amount of money. There are dozens of games for very small price ranges that you can spend hours with and end up being just as entertaining as the big-name high-price-tag console releases. It's free to sign up and their library is expansive.

And, since we're on the subject, I remember when I posted my Top Ten Favorite Songs. Well, figured it might be interesting to do my Top Ten Favorite Video Games as well. Probably a little more predictable due to multiple mentions in the story, but...

• Skyrim
  • Knights of The Old Republic
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Mass Effect 3 (I'd love to put the whole trilogy here but figured I shouldn't cheat)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • God of War II
  • Final Fantasy VII
Yup, I use steam, so I have TF2, Binding of Isaac, and a few others. I prefer PC over console anyway, but I don't want to start any wars, so.

Also, KOTOR is fantastic. My favorite RPG.

Edited by thismy

I think MGS 2:Sons of Liberty is the best in the franchise, although Raiden is a bit of a bitch haha. Had to do a speaking and listening assessment in English about anything we wanted but it had to be at least 5 minutes so I thought 'What can I say by heart in over 5 minutes?' Almost straight away metal gear popped into my head. :)

Guest JohnnyBanana

I don't play over PC..nobody ever turned me on to it, plus I don't know how to mod...I'll just stuck to diablo 3 on my 360 for now, unless anybody is an adept teacher or can toss out some tutorial vids..? It's a skill I'd like to learn, I just don't know where to start.

FF VII... chocobo races. I hated having to get rid of champion chocobos to make room for young ones. I think this was one of the best sub games ever though. That or the down hill course in the same game.

Their making a reboot of that

I don't play over PC..nobody ever turned me on to it, plus I don't know how to mod...I'll just stuck to diablo 3 on my 360 for now, unless anybody is an adept teacher or can toss out some tutorial vids..? It's a skill I'd like to learn, I just don't know where to start.

If you use steam then all you have to do is go to the steam workshop, find the mod you like and hit download.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.