Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Either i see a fight coming up or Kayla having sex with another dude, and since a few people have explored 'the fight' aspect, myself including (though not anywhere as near as them, @thismy to be exact, damn good work man), let's see what the 'sex with another dude' aspect has to offer. I'd say even if they do go through with it, it really messes up Jack and creates more problems than there already are for the relationship, so it requires something just short of a miracle to save their relationship.

Honestly, i really don't have any idea what's going to happen, there are like so many clues out there and all of them point in opposite directions, like Joe himself said "an old familiar face will return", so that leaves us with a good chance of a fight in the coming chapters, but then he has called this saga, The Summer Saga, which( i dunno if you guys see it) is sort of pointing in the direction of Kayla getting it on with another dude. Now, most people here are of the opinion that the former is more likely than the latter, so that leaves us back to square one. Oh, and another thing, there are an average of 8 chapters per saga (give or take), and since we're already 5 chapters in, that leaves like around 3-4 left, just something that i noticed.

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

Ok. So here's what I see. Joe has left a lot of crumbs for us. First in chapter 29, I think, Jack thinks something along the line of "maybe the next year will be nice and easy." Or something like that. Then he says "if only I had known." How I interpret this, at least, is that we've got a lot more drama/strife/trouble coming at us. However, I'm not sure it will come immediately, or even soon.

On that note, one, I don't see Kayla, like I said before, having sex with another dude in a threesome. Or with another dude at all. First, Kayla says basically "with the guys we know? Yeah right." There is no guy besides Jack. Transversely, there is no girl besides Kayla for Jack. So if it were to happen, which is very unlikely, it's not happening soon. There's no guy that Jack and Kayla love like they love Tara. No one they need to "help." And I don't think there that stupid to think that another threesome will solve their problems.

Second, I enjoy the fights. I think the way Joe has written them has been great. And I loved the fight with Brad. It was epic. I don't think we're done seeing them yet, either. However, with the "old familiar face" returning, I'm not sure this means a fight is coming. If we're thinking practically, it's probably going to be Brad, or maybe Carson. I'm not ruling out another fight with Brad completely, but with Carson, yeah, I think I am. The point being, a fight so soon. I don't know. I don't think so.

Edited by thismy

Ok. So here's what I see. Joe has left a lot of crumbs for us. First in chapter 29, I think, Jack thinks something along the line of "maybe the next year will be nice and easy." Or something like that. Then he says "if only I had known." How I interpret this, at least, is that we've got a lot more drama/strife/trouble coming at us. However, I'm not sure it will come immediately, or even soon.

On that note, one, I don't see Kayla, like I said before, having sex with another dude in a threesome. Or with another dude at all. First, Kayla says basically "with the guys we know? Yeah right." There is no guy besides Jack. Transversely, there is no girl besides Kayla for Jack. So if it were to happen, which is very unlikely, it's not happening soon. There's no guy that Jack and Kayla love like they love Tara. No one they need to "help." And I don't think there that stupid to think that another threesome will solve their problems.

Second, I enjoy the fights. I think the way Joe has written them has been great. And I loved the fight with Brad. It was epic. I don't think we're done seeing them yet, either. However, with the "old familiar face" returning, I'm not sure this means a fight is coming. If we're thinking practically, it's probably going to be Brad, or maybe Carson. I'm not ruling out another fight with Brad completely, but with Carson, yeah, I think I am. The point being, a fight so soon. I don't know. I don't think so.

There's no fight at least in the next chapter, i see Jack and Kayla and Tara trying to fix all of this, the result of all that i'm not sure, depends on Joe. You said, "How I interpret this, at least, is that we've got a lot more drama/strife/trouble coming at us. However, I'm not sure it will come immediately, or even soon." A part of that we have already seen in the form of the threesome, so that leaves the aftermath to be dealt with and it could get ugly. Like i said before, Jack and Kayla do not strike me as that kind of couple and like you said, another threesome or Kayla sleeping with another dude is highly unlikely, so i guess the odds are that it's not happening, that being settled. Any indication of any sorts of fights will be given at the end of chapter 34, which does anyone know is coming out? Joe said, an old familiar face will return, in the next chapters, not chapter, and like you said its not gonna happen soon. So, we can safely deduce the next one will be filled with more emotional stuff, though not as intense as chapter 33, my bet is that there is some progress made and Kayla is starting to come around. Can't really blame the poor girl, watching the love of your life having sex with another person, regardless of whether you love the other person or not, will shake one up, pretty badly in some cases. From the last moments of chapter 33, Kayla is starting to become sort of accepting to the fact, she'll need some time, but she'll come around. Let's see what happens.

We've probably got another week before the next chapter at least. I hoping for little fun cabin stuff. Maybe they play Mario Party.

ugh, this is going to be one looooooooong week.

Say, do you know anyone from Perth, Australia, or you yourself know a bit about the area around the beach? I'm gonna write a story based in that region, so i need to know about the places, wanna help?

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

ugh, this is going to be one looooooooong week.

Say, do you know anyone from Perth, Australia, or you yourself know a bit about the area around the beach? I'm gonna write a story based in that region, so i need to know about the places, wanna help?

I'm afraid to say I don't. I'm a Midwestern guy. Sorry. If you look back through the forum I think a guest noted he was from Australia, so you might try to reach him.

I think Jeff showing up is an excellent place to go, as has been demostrated here. Unfortunately, it's been done SO WELL as fan fiction that it wuld probably keep Joe from repeating it in canon.

Rhona could also start some teasing/flirting with Jack. I've made some private suggestions to Joe. Rhona doesn't have to come right out and make it obvious, something like discussing some other guy with Jack that gets him TMI on her sex life.

And I'd like to find out what's going on between Kayla's parents.

I think Jeff showing up is an excellent place to go, as has been demostrated here. Unfortunately, it's been done SO WELL as fan fiction that it wuld probably keep Joe from repeating it in canon.

Haha 😬, whoops.

Hey, I'd still accept it. I'd love it, in fact. The actual reason I wrote that fight that way the first time was because I didn't want it too real. I'm gonna feel really bad if I spoiled some real plans to bring Jeff in.

I'm afraid to say I don't. I'm a Midwestern guy. Sorry. If you look back through the forum I think a guest noted he was from Australia, so you might try to reach him.

Aw man, well, it's ok, its the thought that counts, i'll do some digging up through the forum and try to find him, but thanks anyway. ^_^

Rhona could also start some teasing/flirting with Jack. I've made some private suggestions to Joe. Rhona doesn't have to come right out and make it obvious, something like discussing some other guy with Jack that gets him TMI on her sex life.

Speaking of Jeff, anyone know what exactly was the sentence on which Brad was put away, and the time that he has to serve behind bars? I was just going through the possibility of Brad returning, so it just popped up in my mind.

Speaking of Jeff, anyone know what exactly was the sentence on which Brad was put away, and the time that he has to serve behind bars? I was just going through the possibility of Brad returning, so it just popped up in my mind.

No. Brad's parents told The Squad to stay away. Last we heard, he was going to prison, and they never followed up. We can assume he was given a lenient sentence or sent to that reform school.

Hmm. Rhona does seem like a tease. But I don't see how flirting/teasing with Jack would create a big problem for him.

I would really like to know what's going on with Kayla's parents, however. Joe has been waving that flag in our face for a few chapters now. Something's bound to happen soon.

Edited by thismy

Guest JohnnyBanana

Can we not call them The Squad? Makes me think of all the douchey high school kids running around thinking they're hard. We should call them The Entente. Because that's the coolest name for an alliance ever.

Hmm. Rhona does seem like a tease. But I don't see how flirting/teasing with Jack would create a big problem for him.

not by itself, or in normal times. I pictured it more as Jack getting annoyed that because of things Thona did, he started getting naughty thoughts, and just doesn't want to go there. Like showing him scantily clad pics of her.

And I think we can agree that Kayla is devoted to Jack and won't me looking for a MMF, but I think she was scared by the FFM because she didn't have Jack all to herself, and there was the nagging thought "what if he finds someone else he likes better?" Just then Jack starts getting distracted by Rhona sharing TMI.

Or even if it doesn't affect Jack (that much) he mentions it to Kayla, who gets a nasty attitude towards Rhona (away from my man!)

Edited by Joe Long

not by itself, or in normal times. I pictured it more as Jack getting annoyed that because of things Thona did, he started getting naughty thoughts, and just doesn't want to go there. Like showing him scantily clad pics of her.

And I think we can agree that Kayla is devoted to Jack and won't me looking for a MMF, but I think she was scared by the FFM because she didn't have Jack all to herself, and there was the nagging thought "what if he finds someone else he likes better?" Just then Jack starts getting distracted by Rhona sharing TMI.

Or even if it doesn't affect Jack (that much) he mentions it to Kayla, who gets a nasty attitude towards Rhona (away from my man!)

Now this i can totally see happening, due to Rhona being overly flirtatious Kayla starts to get worried, this results some insecurities to brew up in her mind, the seeds of which were laid down by the threesome. I agree with your theory that she's scared that she will have to share Jack and the nagging thought "what if he finds someone better?", i really don't think the flirting from Rhona affects Jack other than being uncomfortable, i don't think he has naughty thoughts unless he's stupid enough to jeopardize his already troubled relationship, and quite frankly Jack is anything but stupid, so he doesn't have that reaction, still it's not totally outside the realm of possibilities. I agree with @thismy, i'm also very curious to see what is up with Kayla's parents.

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

No. Brad's parents told The Squad to stay away. Last we heard, he was going to prison, and they never followed up. We can assume he was given a lenient sentence or sent to that reform school.

Hmm, well this does leave Brad's return not quite outside the realm of possibilities, since his sentence is quite sketchy, i'd say he returns later on, at least 2 chapters after, i hope Kayla and Jack and hive a nice talk to sort things out in the next chapters. Me, you and couple of other people have come up with some decent theories, which in any case happen after the upcoming chapter if we take into account the hints Joe himself left us, since he says the next chapter is not as emotionally loaded, that leaves us with two main possibilities.

A.) Either Kayla and Jack are on the beginning of talking it out and towards fixing their problems.

B.) There is little progress made and Kayla takes some time to think things over, and then towards the end we see in which direction is their relationship gonna go.

C.) Something else i haven't thought of yet.

In any case, the next chapter is really crucial to determining the direction in which the story is gonna go, and i have a feeling something big is gonna happen.

Can we not call them The Squad? Makes me think of all the douchey high school kids running around thinking they're hard. We should call them The Entente. Because that's the coolest name for an alliance ever.

Haha, yeah ok. I used the name because I was tired of writing "Jack and his friends" ect. It's more of a joke anyway. In fact, it is a joke. I'd say call em' what you want, just so long as you're clear on who they are.

Roller skating rink time! There's your third theory, @Mr_Fairplay. I don't know what happens there, but it's gotta be good.

Roller skating rink? hmm, interesting. This might be fun....oooh, oooh, i totally found like an awesome entry point for Jeff or Brad, they work at the rink, you know, operating the ice resurface machine (sorry if it's the wrong term, never been to a skating rink and there's no rink close to my home for miles). So, that way if there is a fight and Jack gets stabbed, it adds spice to being bled out (wow, never thought i'd say that). something along the lines of "The last thing i saw was Kayla's face, contorted, and tears flowing from her eyes, i looked to where i felt a sharp pain and found that i had been stabbed. Darkness claimed me as i bled on the ice".

Just focus on the words, 'Bled on the ice'.

It's funny how strongly i'm rooting for a fight....that's disturbing.

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

Rhona teases Jack, making him uncomfortable, but he gallantly keeps his boner down.

Kayla sees that Jack is uncomfortable with the subject of Rhona, and being insecure and a little paranoid since the threesome, starts to distrust Jack even though he's done nothing.

PS I have a roller skating scene coming up in my outline, Joe will probably beat me to it. Showing off her college boyfriend doesn't go as well for Hannah as she had hoped.

Edited by Joe Long

Rhona teases Jack, making him uncomfortable, but he gallantly keeps his boner down.

Kayla sees that Jack is uncomfortable with the subject of Rhona, and being insecure and a little paranoid since the threesome, starts to distrust Jack even though he's down nothing.

Kayla starts to close off, Jack gets worried and asks her what's wrong, and she always replies with "it's nothing, i'm fine", this goes on for a while, and the more Jack gets persistent the more Kayla closes off, Jack's getting depressed, Jack's taking a walk in the park or something (the skating rink can be a good choice here), with Tara, and that's where he gets stabbed, or shot, then our mystery man reveals himself, which the majority (or just the three of us) seem to believe is Brad or Jeff. Jack's losing a lot of blood, and he's gonna pass out, Jack is in no position to defend himself, Tara rushes to his aid, fights off the assailant (has some help if its Brad, because there is no way she can bring him down solo), Tara comes to his side to help him stop the bleeding and calls 911, he's trying to fight it, trying to stay awake, but he's failing to do so, then he sees Kayla's face, where there was once love, adoration and trust for Jack is now filled with hurt and distrust, when he sees that he gives up, the fight suddenly left his body and he drifts into unconsciousness. Cue the hospital apology scene. This way Jack's alive, Kayla has apologized, their relationship with each other and Tara is fixed.

What do you think, could be worth a couple of chapters worth of material?

(I wonder what Joe thinks when he reads our fanfic...hmmmm.)

Edited by Mr_Fairplay

Ok. Again, I enjoy the theories. Hell, I've written meta fan faction about the fight. While, as I have said before, the fight seems plausible, all of this is a little too over the top.

@Joe Long, I see that Rhona could tease Jack. She probably will some, but I don't think that's the way Joe is pushing her as a character. I don't like Rhona, I haven't and I don't. Haven't seem enough of her to get to know her. However, Joe asked us to give her a chance, saying she's based off one of his good friends in real life. I don't see Rhona as the type of person to drive a wedge between Jack and Kayla, unwittingly or not.

@Joe Long & Mr_Fairplay, I can see the distrust building. I understand the position you're coming from. That being said, from my standpoint, I don't see Kayla growing that apart from Jack. Not my previous posts about this. If Kayla cares, even an ounce, about her relationship, she's gonna try to figure out the problem. Jack's not gonna let her drift. If she closes out, yeah he'll get depressed. But that won't stop him.

As well, I don't know what Joe has in store. Who knows, it could be Brad coming back, and he could attack Jack ect. But I view Brad as more of a dark horse. Trying to amend for his mistakes. As well, I don't see a fight, like I've said(wow, I've really been reiterating a lot), happening in the near future.

Edited by thismy

What do you think, could be worth a couple of chapters worth of material?

If SITO was a TV show (HBO? MTV?) we'd be the writers having brainstorming sessions in the writing room (makes me think of The Dick Van Dyke Show) and then Joe comes down from the producer's office to check in on our progress, then is off the write the screenplay from our notes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.