Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Guest JohnnyBanana

Halfway point!

And in regards to how Jack, Alan, and Amanda came to be...all I can say is that I am not ignoring how odd something like that is. Not to give anything away but the logistics of how it works will be addressed in the future. Much like the pipe bomb, Chinese Water Torture, and the drunken tumble.

Is it possible they look alike because they're siblings? I mean that's as far as I read into it. Siblings can loom very alike. Or they can look different.

Is it possible they look alike because they're siblings? I mean that's as far as I read into it. Siblings can loom very alike. Or they can look different.

It's been several months since I read the early chapters, but that's been my impression - not that Alan and Amanda were identical, but that they had enough similar features that when seeing them together one's first impression is to assume they are siblings.

The hardest part of this story for me to logically get my head around was not that Alan and Amanda were banging each other, but instead the whole triplet thing. I still don't see where it adds to the story, and early on thought it may have been an ad-hoc adjustment in the story to get around what was popularly believed at the time to be a Blue Site age restriction of 16.

If Chapter 1 would have started with Jack age 16 soon to be 17, beginning his junior year, and his younger twin siblings Alan and Amanda, recently turned 15 and now freshman, I don't see where it would have detracted anything from the story, and would have not required a suspension of disbelief.

If there is something in the future that hinges on the three being triplets, perhaps Joe will choose to clue us in.

Guest Dark

The hardest part of this story for me to logically get my head around was not that Alan and Amanda were banging each other, but instead the whole triplet thing. I still don't see where it adds to the story, and early on thought it may have been an ad-hoc adjustment in the story to get around what was popularly believed at the time to be a Blue Site age restriction of 16.

If Chapter 1 would have started with Jack age 16 soon to be 17, beginning his junior year, and his younger twin siblings Alan and Amanda, recently turned 15 and now freshman, I don't see where it would have detracted anything from the story, and would have not required a suspension of disbelief.

If there is something in the future that hinges on the three being triplets, perhaps Joe will choose to clue us in.

If I remember, at the beginning, Jack was a sophomore who is now becoming a junior. And as for the drunken stumble and Chinese water torture, when were those discussed in the forums?

And as for the drunken stumble and Chinese water torture, when were those discussed in the forums?

I recall the pipe bomb being mentioned in the narrative a couple times, but not the other two. Possibly all three happen in the same saga. "Chinese water torture" sounds fascinating-- you figure somebody gets water-boarded?

If I remember, at the beginning, Jack was a sophomore who is now becoming a junior. And as for the drunken stumble and Chinese water torture, when were those discussed in the forums?

I am aware that as of the current chapter Jack is a rising junior. His 17th birthday is coming up momentarily, to be celebrated with a trip to the cabin accompanied by two hot babes (only one of which is his girlfriend).

However, as I've mentioned before, where I live (Pa) Jack would be a year behind. I checked several Facebook pages recently to make sure. In recent years the cut-off date has been changed to Sept 1 - meaning that anyone from age 5y1d to 5y365d on Sept 1 can start kindergarten. That's then age 6 for 1st grade, progressing up to 17 for 12th grade. Everyone on schedule is 17 on Sept 1 of their senior year. Some turn 18 on Sep. 2, others wait for Aug. 31 of the following summer.

So I was suggesting that if Jack were two years older than his twin siblings, and having all three in age appropriate grades, it wouldn't take anything away from what we've read so far.

Hey Joe,

Before reading your story, I can't say that I had ever heard of Five Guys Burgers and Fries before. So after Alan, Craig, Jack and Joe went there for Dude's Day I google'd it and found out that there is one about 3 miles from me. Guess they don't believe in traditional advertising and rely on word-of-mouth. I should be able to start driving again this week or next and I'll stop in for a Bacon Cheeseburger. By the way, Joe is absolutely correct about Chipotle's always being packed solid. The one near me usually has a line outside waiting for them to open. :tongue2:

Guest Dark

I recall the pipe bomb being mentioned in the narrative a couple times, but not the other two. Possibly all three happen in the same saga. "Chinese water torture" sounds fascinating-- you figure somebody gets water-boarded?

For the Chinese water torture, I figure that it is referring to, if i am right, when Jack had a dream of being submerged in water, and the meaning behind that dream. And, a question to Joe: If you have read the latest chapter of "An Incest Birthday", how would you compare the two fathers of the main characters?

I can't say that I had ever heard of Five Guys Burgers and Fries before.

By the way, Joe is absolutely correct about Chipotle's always being packed solid. The one near me usually has a line outside waiting for them to open. :tongue2:

Haven't been to Five Guys yet. A few years ago some co-workers were raving about it, but weren't any real close to the office. Later they opened one near the house, but I'm not sure how much I want to spend for a burger. Big or little, bacon or not, cheese or not. Cheeseburger for $6.89 but their webpage doesn't say the size of the patty, or if there's one or two. If it's a third pounder single, or better yet two quarter pound patties, then I might try it. I do like all the free toppings I saw on their website.

Now I have been to Chipotle. I've been spoiled by the $2 tacos and pupusas at several local Salvadoran dives, which makes Chipotle a little overpriced for my tastes, but I like the food and go occasionally when I have some extra cash. As Chester said, recently I was leaving a dentist appointment just before 11 am and saw a Chipotle's in the shopping center. It wasn't opened yet, but had half a dozen folks waiting outside.

Edited by Joe Long

Guest Dark

Who has used the Steam Gaming Service, and if so, which games have you purchased with that service and soon got bored with, never playing again?

Hey everyone!

Sorry the forum's been so quiet, especially in regards to updates. I've been plowing away at the chapter and I hope to get it out by this weekend. I've just found myself so exhausted recently (maybe overnight shift is finally catching up to me). My days have literally been writing, eating, sleeping, and working, not necessarily always in that order. I'm shooting for Sunday at the latest but it's hard for me to tell at this point. The end of the chapter is in sight, but the path to it may be longer than I think; often what I think may take only a page or two to describe ends up needing a bit more. Still, it's progressing smoothly and hopefully you will all be able to enjoy it this weekend :)

Updates to follow!

Hey everyone!

Sorry the forum's been so quiet, especially in regards to updates. I've been plowing away at the chapter and I hope to get it out by this weekend. I've just found myself so exhausted recently (maybe overnight shift is finally catching up to me). My days have literally been writing, eating, sleeping, and working, not necessarily always in that order. I'm shooting for Sunday at the latest but it's hard for me to tell at this point. The end of the chapter is in sight, but the path to it may be longer than I think; often what I think may take only a page or two to describe ends up needing a bit more. Still, it's progressing smoothly and hopefully you will all be able to enjoy it this weekend :)

Updates to follow!

Here's an idea, take a break for a week or so after this chapter. Don't run yourself down :)

Here's an idea, take a break for a week or so after this chapter. Don't run yourself down :)

That's probably a good idea with summer almost here. Don't feel that you have to post a new chapter every two weeks. Use the time to get more sleep-- you'll feel better! :yawn:

Gonna make a huge effort to get the chapter finished tonight and out by tomorrow. If not, it will definitely be up by Monday.

As for the recommendations for time off, I really appreciate it. Seriously, it makes me feel good that my readers are more concerned about me staying healthy and sane than getting the next chapter. However, because of personal compulsive tendencies, I kinda have to keep writing, especially since, at this point, I'm kind of surprising myself. I've got stuff for the next school year planned, but summer vacation in the story is still being thought up as I go. So I'm just as eager to see what happens in the next chapter, especially with how this chapter ends. The end is in sight for the chapter but I've found myself deleting and rewriting passages, just to make sure it's the best it can be.

Hopefully it will be up by tomorrow but, if not, Monday definitely. See you soon! :)

Hopefully it will be up by tomorrow but, if not, Monday definitely. See you soon! :)

Joe, your dedication and loyalty to your readers is greatly appreciated-- but do us a favor and plan a vacation sometime soon. Hey, I don't suppose that YOU have a summer cabin up in the mountains? ;)

Edited by Chester57

Guest daddy's girl

Hey Joe

Hope we can get your next chapter to read as summer vacation gift

Actually I am dying to read that one

With lots of love and big hug

Chapter 32 is finally up :)

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to wait until the forums were done being upgraded and, by the time they were, I was busy helping my neighbors move so that took up a few more hours. However, all is well, and the chapter is up for you to enjoy :)

And, since I will be out of town and unable to post tomorrow, I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day. Whether you're serving in the armed forces, have a relative who does, or are a civilian, I hope that you spend the day with the ones you love and remember the bravery and sacrifice of those who've passed in service of our country. My family is almost entirely military (I have a family member in every branch of the military) so it means a lot to us but I don't think you're required to be a military-child or anything else to fully appreciate it. To all those who serve or who have served, thank you so much for your courage and know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers every day that I'm able to live happy and free.

Hope you all enjoy the chapter and I'll see you again soon :)

Thanks, I look forward to reading it. I didn't serve, but my father and son have. Tomorrow I plan on taking my grandchildren to a farm near here where their 6th great-grandfather, a Revolutionary War veteran, is buried.

Now...all this time I've been looking for geographical clues, and had been thinking north-east New Jersey or around Westchester Co, New York.

Then I read "Wegman's, Food Lion, Giant" and we have all those in northern Virginia! Then add in family in the military (Pentagon?) Jack, Kayla and Tara might be literally in my backyard!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.