Click Here!

RECAPTCHA Adventures

So I figured that since I have such a bizarre relationship with the RECAPTCHA feature, I would start a thread to record my adventures for posterity. Please, feel free to pitch in with some of your own!

This is what sparked the thread:

recaptcha.png

As you can see, I don't know whether the RECAPTCHA expects greatness of me, if it has needs that only *I* can supply, if it wants to share its love of irrational mathematics with me, or if it's simply insane.

I'm betting on the latter.

Update: I fooled the RECAPTCHA with a simple "3/2," so we can rule out the mathematical inclinations.

Edited by Shadowknight12

That's what you get for visiting anime type sites :P

It wasn't an anime site :tongue2: and you were there the night i had the rant about that it the shoutbox :rofl:

The RECAPTCHA wants to tell me something. It is trying to communicate with me, in some arcane language or code. I must investigate this matter deeper...

recaptcha2.png

EDIT: The image is there, it's just ImageShack being a finicky hag. Adding the image as an attachment...

EDIT 2: It's a 5/3 exponent. Which by mathematical rules means "the cubic root of something elevated to its fifth power." It keeps getting mathematical on me. Strange...

Recaptcha 2.bmp

Edited by Shadowknight12

I've been using the new challenge button quite a bit lately. It's gotten so bad that we actually need to create quantum computers to decipher these for us. Wait, wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

Then again, sometimes it likes to add its own commentary to whatever we're doing. This is the one it gave me when I uploaded "Payback's a Pussy" — and I was darned proud. :D

post-15841-0-07618000-1299412569_thumb.png

I get several that i know what it is, but am unsure what to type.

I JUST got one that...

What the punk monkey...?

A high backed chair with feet approaching a telephone pole...

post-32-0-62522700-1299585350_thumb.jpg

I've been deleting and reloading about 70 chapters of one of my stories here. (Formatting issues and why did no one ever tell me i never posted chapter 11?)

And i've had a few posers show up on reCAPTCHA.

The last one scared me...is it THAT easy? Or too good to be true...? I feared if i answered, the screen would explode...

post-32-0-87881000-1299722624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Keith Inc.

and you all thought they were bad here.... I just got this one elsewhere....

recaptcha-1.jpg

now, you tell me.... how the hell I'm supposed to read kanji when I only read English??????

Edited by Danyealle

yeah, again! And, no, i wasn't on an anime site :P It was for a downloader i have and i was all WTF???? :blink:

"Hello, recapcha? Yes, I'd like to have a manual on how to use your program. Well, you see, every time I go to type in the code, I have to change the language setting on my keyboard, get out the character map for the new language, which I don't read, to find out which button to push... I thought, surely you must have it all in a book for me for easy reference, yes? And is there a way to program quick keys for the most common language alterations I'll need?"

Of course, the operator hung up on Bobby when he called technical support. He just couldn't understand why Kanji was such a difficult language to type in. After all, the characters are right there on the keys...

• 1 month later...

My latest adventure with it....

recaptcha1.jpg?t=1303613692

yeah... i know how to type that in.... NOT!

• 2 months later...