Click Here!

Is a human having sex with a demon considered bestiality?

Deadman

An example being if a werewolf on a full moon is having sex with a human woman.

So, in a previous story I wrote about sex between two women and several demons. This includes vampires but also demons with scales and things of that nature. However, I don’t know that I tagged the story as bestiality because I didn’t consider that to be animal in nature. Namely because demons aren’t actually real.

However, in a story I’m working on now, I have humans being transformed into half demon/part animal things. They would in many ways be human like, but they would have more animal features like fur or scales or tentacles. In one particular case it’s the familiar to a witch who starts out as an animal but is then transformed into a demon with the capacity to speak.

Would that be considered bestiality? The animal isn’t technically an animal anymore in this context. There’s also some suggestion within canon that the animal isn’t really an animal. That it simply took animal form to appeal to the witch. Although I may or may not return the demonic familiar to its animal form at the end. Haven’t decided yet.

Edited by Deadman

Tough question.  My first thought was whether the other could articulate consent.

However, when it comes to tagging… it’s better to (slightly) over-tag even if you’re unsure as these are warnings to the reader.   You can qualify it too, at least at the top of the story with  [Beast] (werewolf).

I agree with @InvidiaRed on this one. If it’s a demon with the ability to think in human terms, then it’s not bestiality. If it’s an animal with the thought processes of an animal, it’s bestiality.

7 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I agree with @InvidiaRed on this one. If it’s a demon with the ability to think in human terms, then it’s not bestiality. If it’s an animal with the thought processes of an animal, it’s bestiality.

Well I have a demonic cat who is speaking like a human.

Although I had some thought about the idea that some of the humans are speaking in simplistic terms. Things like “Girl pretty” and things of that nature.

11 hours ago, InvidiaRed said:

If the creature is sapient no. If there is a clear discrepancy of thought between them yes.

So you’re thinking in terms of if they have a physical body similar to a human or human like?

2 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Well I have a demonic cat who is speaking like a human.

Although I had some thought about the idea that some of the humans are speaking in simplistic terms. Things like “Girl pretty” and things of that nature.

Demon cat speaking like a human is not bestiality. And I think I know those humans who speak in simplistic terms… :lol: 

37 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

Demon cat speaking like a human is not bestiality. And I think I know those humans who speak in simplistic terms… :lol: 

Well what I mean is a human transformed into a demon with scales or with the head of a dog who instead of speaking like a normal human, they speak in simplistic terms.

18 hours ago, Deadman said:

Well what I mean is a human transformed into a demon with scales or with the head of a dog who instead of speaking like a normal human, they speak in simplistic terms.

I think what @BronxWench was getting at was that the important thing is whether the creature THINKS like a human or an animal. That is, if it has an animal level of intelligence, that’s what makes the sex act bestiality, because the creature isn’t smart enough to give informed consent for sex. (BW, correct me if I’m wrong.)

3 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

I guess a better question… would a reader get upset about reading and having to imagine graphic human/dog sex even if the dog had a human mind/brain?   If so, then I’d think the warning ought to be there.

Based on what I’m writing, I don’t believe they would be weirded out of it.

4 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

I think what @BronxWench was getting at was that the important thing is whether the creature THINKS like a human or an animal. That is, if it has an animal level of intelligence, that’s what makes the sex act bestiality, because the creature isn’t smart enough to give informed consent for sex. (BW, correct me if I’m wrong.)

Well yes but I guess I’m trying to figure out what counts as thinking like a human or an animal. I’ve seen examples of animals becoming more human or entirely like but only speak in simple terms.

For instance, one example I saw in a different fandom than what I’m writing for now, had a rabbit turned into a human completely. However, they still thought like humans. The reasons they were changed is because they wanted to “do it like bunnies”. Which the rabbit turned human did with a human woman.

One way to view it that if you can reason with the creature to make a deal about not fucking/raping you then it is not bestiality. The question if the creature is likely to agree to a deal is not so important, but if you in theory could make such a deal. A large part of bestiality is having an animal that want pleasure and won’t be denied since it is acting out of animal instinct. If you can talk to creature then we are speaking of different kinds of horror.

With demons it might be sometimes be borderline cases. The demon might act like an animal or threaten they might be close to lose control to inspire fear into the victim. The demon cat that talk would normally not be bestiality, but I can certainly imagine scenes when the bestiality tag i merited because of what the reader will imagine might happen next even if nothing happens.