Click Here!

Missing punctuation in story summaries

GeorgeGlass

I just looked at my list of stories and saw that for some of them, there is no longer punctuation of any kind in the summary. For example:

As Star struggles to find her place in the world a newly formed cult declares Marco kingand tells him that to save his kingdom he must take nine wives and get them with child

This was originally

As Star struggles to find her place in the world, a newly formed cult declares Marco king, and tells him that to save his kingdom, he must take nine wives and “get them with child.”

This hasn’t happened to all of my stories, just some of them. When I tried to fix one by putting the punctuation marks back in, the periods and commas didn’t stick, and the quotation marks were replaced with the number 34:

Sequel to 34Rated F A Phineas and Ferb Sex Comedy34 Having enjoyed helping Phineas and Ferb make an adult film the Fireside Girls decide to spend the next day earning more sex-related patches for their 34Secret Sash34

This appears to have happened only to stories that I either posted or added chapters to since the archive was taken out of Read Only mode—but again, only to some of them. 

Like with search, anything that could be used as part of an injection attack was stripped. I know it’s a bit of an annoyance, but for now please bear with the quirks as I work through the code to re-enable stuff without further risks. The big priority was to just to be able to safely come out of read-only mode.

• 6 months later...
Guest Snowecat

I don't know if they've fixed it yet but any story I look at now has little diamonds with question marks inside them where punctuation should be.  It's been like that for several YEARS, which was a major turn-off for this site.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Guest Snowecat said:

I don't know if they've fixed it yet but any story I look at now has little diamonds with question marks inside them where punctuation should be.  It's been like that for several YEARS, which was a major turn-off for this site.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

We have a FAQ about this issue:   https://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/64151-how-to-fix-the-black-diamond-issue/

1 hour ago, GeorgeGlass said:

I’m still having the problem of punctuation being replaced with numbers. As a result, one of my recent stories is titled “I39m Not Who I Used to Be” on this site.

We have an ongoing issue with punctuation in story titles and summaries. I’m unable to correct it for our members myself, which suggests this is a script/code issue. Hopefully, @manta2g will be able to address that when she has the time. The black diamond issue is something else entirely, however. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.