Click Here!

Can't edit old story tags

TimedWatcher

6 hours ago, TimedWatcher said:

Tried to add some to a recently updated story but I can’t. So don’t hide stories just because I can’t fix it.

Bold also isn’t working the two times I tried it.

If you’re able to, stick ALL tags at the start of the story (ie, top of chapter 1), and update the tags-tags later.

Hi,  @manta2gand @BronxWench.

10 hours ago, TimedWatcher said:

Tried to add some to a recently updated story but I can’t. So don’t hide stories just because I can’t fix it.

Bold also isn’t working the two times I tried it.

I’ve just confirmed that at least the boldface text attribute does not carry through on the archives.  Text set to bold stays set as bold, and if saved will remain bold if you come back later to edit the page again.  However, the boldface does not display to the reader.

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Wilde_Guess said:

Hi,  @manta2gand @BronxWench.

I’ve just confirmed that at least the boldface text attribute does not carry through on the archives.  Text set to bold stays set as bold, and if saved will remain bold if you come back later to edit the page again.  However, the boldface does not display to the reader.

Thanks.

Hopefully, @manta2g can shed light on why the archive is not displaying attributes from the RTE.

Hi again, BronxWench.

Something I should have mentioned in my last post but didn’t was that the italics text attribute is not stripped from the reader’s view, even though boldface is.  Go figure.

Thanks.

Edited by Wilde_Guess
spelling error

14 minutes ago, Wilde_Guess said:

Hi again, BronxWench.

Something I should have mentioned in my last post but didn’t was that the italics text attribute is not stripped from the reader’s view, even though boldface is.  Go figure.

Thanks.

Even more reason to have manta take a look. We knew there would be little wrinkles to iron out. 

2 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Even more reason to have manta take a look. We knew there would be little wrinkles to iron out. 

Looks like it is the site CSS doing it. The correct tags are saved, but the CSS is overriding the default for them. Will tackle this when not ragged from the day job.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 9:50 PM, manta2g said:

Looks like it is the site CSS doing it. The correct tags are saved, but the CSS is overriding the default for them. Will tackle this when not ragged from the day job.

OK thanks, cause i’ve got a few tags and story summaries to edit.

• 2 months later...

I think that the editing and deleting of tags function is still inactive for users. Our coder will let us know when that will be back up and running. In the mean time you can add the list of correct tags at the top of the chapters of your story. 

@BronxWench will correct me if I’m telling a fib :D  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.