Click Here!

How do you generally put forward a threesome/thruple pairing?

Deadman

So, I’ve written a story in which several threesomes/pairings happen and I’m wondering how to properly put forward how the pairing works.

I know that it would be in the “threesome/moresome” category on the site but I’m wondering about how to order the characters.

For instance, it involves a man and two women. Should it be MFF? Or FMF? Or FFM?

It’s more of a spur of the moment situation for the story. Technically, one of the women is in a relationship of sorts with the man and they are adding/finding another woman for some fun.

Generally, how would you order the characters or is it just a free for all?

Edited by Deadman

On 1/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, Deadman said:

So, I’ve written a story in which several threesomes/pairings happen and I’m wondering how to properly put forward how the pairing works.

I know that it would be in the “threesome/moresome” category on the site but I’m wondering about how to order the characters.

For instance, it involves a man and two women. Should it be MFF? Or FMF? Or FFM?

It’s more of a spur of the moment situation for the story. Technically, one of the women is in a relationship of sorts with the man and they are adding/finding another woman for some fun.

Generally, how would you order the characters or is it just a free for all?

From my experience: MMF (implies there will be m/m sexual contact) while MFM (implies there is no m/m contact).

I have two throuple fics, one with m/m interaction(labeled MMF) and one without (labeled MFM) so I’m think it would hold the same connotation for your category: MFM (if there is no female/female sexual contact and they’re merely sharing the male) or MFF (if the two women will be sexually interacting). Go with whatever you feel is appropriate of course, this is just my anecdotal opinion, but that’s how I’ve always read the order and I don’t think I’ve ever read a threesome that didn’t follow that pattern. Never read a MFM that had M/M and vice versa.

13 hours ago, Sessakag said:

From my experience: MMF (implies there will be m/m sexual contact) while MFM (implies there is no m/m contact).

I have two throuple fics, one with m/m interaction(labeled MMF) and one without (labeled MFM) so I’m think it would hold the same connotation for your category: MFM (if there is no female/female sexual contact and they’re merely sharing the male) or MFF (if the two women will be sexually interacting). Go with whatever you feel is appropriate of course, this is just my anecdotal opinion, but that’s how I’ve always read the order and I don’t think I’ve ever read a threesome that didn’t follow that pattern. Never read a MFM that had M/M and vice versa.

Ah, that was part of what I was wondering.

There is sexual interaction between the two women. Although much of the stuff is being directed by the M.

But my general thought process was to go with FMF. However now I’m thinking that MFF makes the most sense given how they’re interacting.

20 hours ago, Deadman said:

Ah, that was part of what I was wondering.

There is sexual interaction between the two women. Although much of the stuff is being directed by the M.

But my general thought process was to go with FMF. However now I’m thinking that MFF makes the most sense given how they’re interacting.

I’d say MFF then, since they’re going to be intimate.. The proximity of the letters usually warns people ahead of time the nature of the dynamic, that’s the way I and everyone I know interprets it, and I’ve never read something where they use terms like that interchangeably.

2 hours ago, Sessakag said:

I’d say MFF then, since they’re going to be intimate.. The proximity of the letters usually warns people ahead of time the nature of the dynamic, that’s the way I and everyone I know interprets it, and I’ve never read something where they use terms like that interchangeably.

Okay, that seems to make sense. Thanks, I will definitely put it in those terms.

3 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

TBH, once you’re to MFFMMFFFMMMFFFMMMFFFMMM, I’d kinda shrug with “whatever” and either read it or not, depending on how interesting the story is otherwise.

Well I only do that with one story, so far. I have a series of stories doing stuff like that. For that I just do ‘Character/Multiple”.

But the thing I’m focused on in this particular topic is a new story in which it’s more of just three people at a time. It’s a new third person every time but never more than three.

A canon pairing of enemies to lovers decides to involve some of the woman’s female friends to join them.