Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

I had also toyed with the idea of adding characters from the Lion King films as lionmen, and women, created by La, as well as adding the cavern dwelling oroc race, essentially orcs crossed with golems, from the computer game 'Dawn of the Dragons'... admittedly no real rhyme or reason for that one, I just like said race even though they didn't get a whole lot of focus in the game's story...

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

I'd suggest dividing the story into gamez to as 'books'. Book 1 the first game, book 2 as rasing hell. I'd suggest book 3 as a reverse dark tales were hiccup prevents the war between the vikings and dragons and discovers who he once was, and book 4 as overlord 2.

This is a possibility, and just for the sake of saying the 'Dawn of the Dragons' game I mentioned above has nothing to do with the Overlord series, its just a random game I also like, though admittedly haven't played in moons...

5 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

I'd reccome you write a list. Or a flowchart, then list the girls and kingdoms into which game-adaption they go into. Help decise hiw to trim, combine or stretch events.

A fair bit of advice, and I admit I'm undecided on the addition of orcs, twas just an idle thought

I apologize for the typo in the above message, the orcs are a certainty in the story, what I meant to say was an idle thought was the orocs from Dawn of the Dragons, which are essentially the results of orcs being crossed with golems, cavern dwellers with very durable crystal studded hide, crystal bones, and oddly enough tiny grit like crystals suspended in their blood... their diet might also include rocks, the narrative was rather vague on that point...

15 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Maybe the empire uses orocs?

That is an idea I had not considered... Best I had came up with is after Hiccup conquers the Golden Hills, a war band of orocs from a nearby cavern system attacks, the latest border skirmish in a longstanding rivalry between them and the dwarves, prompting Hiccup to retaliate.

Edited by Jwsponky

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

First game arc?

I'd also suggest pixie hollow be slipped into the first game, with the refugees being given refuge in the tower, where maleficent is waiting to meet them. The fairies could sneak hiccul in when th overlord takes over.

I had an idea of a running gag I wanted to run by you

I had thought about having Pixie Hollow actually be featured in the story beyond Maleficent and Zarina mentioning being banished from there, I just wasn't sure where to slip it in, but was tentatively thinking 'The Empire invades/has invaded, Hiccup goes and takes it from them'

Proceed with the gag

While i understand the logic, you can't have the empire be the attack every disney land. That book would drad on for ages, you want to spread em around a bit. You could hint at yhe empire as a bigger bad though, hint they're behind the dragon/viking war.

Story's better if you don't know where it goes. Mix it ups, move thibgs around a bit.

So... bear with me. But the joke's a bit of a long one and a bit contrary to overlord's evil theme. But ties into character growth.

First off, lets say hiccup isn't sealed away forever, meg makes it through first and he THINKS she betrayed him (it was an accident), but she takes on and defeats hades, accidentally gets his powers, so she opens the portal tight back up. Instead of spending the years locked in the abyss, hiccup is so shaken by someone he can trusy he decides to take a sabbatical and clear his head, which leads to him finding his old home and reverse dark legwnds happens, etc.

So, here's the joke: As he goes on, hiccup says more and more people and moves further and further from his evil training. People keep calling him a hero, and as you say, he brushes it off and disagrees, viting that someone that noble doesn't exist. As the story goes on however, people go from bring shaken by his aligning with the sorceresses, so confused at his response, to "riiiiight", to aking him what's the difference between him and a hero like they describe. And hiccup jas grown so much he cannot find an answer. It's a bit of a fun running gag, and pokes gun at their naivete at first but it also acts as a measure of character growth

Edited by Strange_idea

4 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

While i understand the logic, you can't have the empire be the attack every disney land. That book would drad on for ages, you want to spread em around a bit. You could hint at yhe empire as a bigger bad though, hint they're behind the dragon/viking war.

Story's better if you don't know where it goes. Mix it ups, move thibgs around a bit.

So... bear with me. But the joke's a bit of a long one and a bit contrary to overlord's evil theme. But ties into character growth.

First off, lets say hiccup isn't sealed away forever, meg makes it through first and he THINKS she betrayed him (it was an accident), but she takes on and defeats hades, accidentally gets his powers, so she opens the portal tight back up. Instead of spending the years locked in the abyss, hiccup is so shaken by someone he can trusy he decides to take a sabbatical and clear his head, which leads to him finding his old home and reverse dark legwnds happens, etc.

So, here's the joke: As he goes on, hiccup says more and more people and moves further and further from his evil training. People keep calling him a hero, and as you say, he brushes it off and disagrees, viting that someone that noble doesn't exist. As the story goes on however, people go from bring shaken by his aligning with the sorceresses, so confused at his response, to "riiiiight", to aking him what's the difference between him and a hero like they describe. And hiccup jas grown so much he cannot find an answer. It's a bit of a fun running gag, and pokes gun at their naivete at first but it also acts as a measure of character growth

Hmm... this has potential... though I admit my plan for the reason behind the Viking dragon war was going to be the Red Death, how Hiccup manages to defeat with ample use of siege engines, and possibly impact detonated explosives

Well, someone.... not saying which empire..... could wake UP the red death, maybe be the ones to lock it in the cave.

You know what be cool? He goes through dark tales WITHOUT THE MINONS, since he's on overlord sabbatical. He goes through the territories as just hiccup, and mabe mirage and the fairy with him. That way he coupd impress the vikings by himself. Though maybe he runs into toothless pretty early on without knowing she can change (mirage knows and is just rolling her eyes at it)

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

YES! I was hoping you’d say that. good to set up some relationships early so he can have them crushing on him later, so to speak. I meant that tootless should join his party early on, but that is excellent. though i still think she should join his party early on.

My vague plan had been for this to be the event that gives Hiccup the idea for the dragon air force, leading him to start doing business with the Dragon Hunters, paying them with gems mined from the Netherworld, possibly all the while plotting to double cross Johan and the Grimborn brothers and replace them with Nikora Stormheart.

Or I might have Krogan kill them off while Hiccup's stuck in the abyss to make the Dragon Hunters serve Drago Bludvist, leading Hiccup to kill Krogan and then set his sights on Drago.

This could work.

Had a though. Since I'm recommending he does psuedo dark tales instead of being trapped for years in the abyss, what if they die while he's busy saving the gods or the vikings? It could be a bit of a rift between him and meg, until he admits it's not her fault.

Also, character thing. How do you think he'd react to tootheas reveaing herself  after he did buisness with the hunters? It'd be great for a mini arc betwen them and growth, and instead of the abyss timeskip, we could do a story between the games of him dismantling and rebuilding the hunters as a protection society. The readers would be taken by surprise at least. Probably be healthier too, and we could sneak in early encounters witb disney girls

Edited by Strange_idea

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

This could work.

Had a though. Since I'm recommending he does psuedo dark tales instead of being trapped for years in the abyss, what if they die while he's busy saving the gods or the vikings? It could be a bit of a rift between him and meg, until he admits it's not her fault.

Also, character thing. How do you think he'd react to tootheas reveaing herself  after he did buisness with the hunters? It'd be great for a mini arc betwen them and growth, and instead of the abyss timeskip, we could do a story between the games of him dismantling and rebuilding the hunters as a protection society. The readers would be taken by surprise at least. Probably be healthier too, and we could sneak in early encounters witb disney girls

I admit I had not considered the idea of Toothless keeping the shape shifting abilities of the dragons a secret... I had assumed she'd shift to human form after bing freed to say thank you, and my vague plan for her reaction to dealing with the Hunters had been grudging acceptance of Hiccup reasoning that it's better that Hiccup buys them, letting them live and treating them well, as opposed to them being sold to people who would slaughter them, or the Hunters slaughtering them themselves, likely mollified by the planned double cross...

wait, in this plan does hiccup keep toothless all these years, or come back to find her after the hades thing?

If it’s okay, I’d reccomend the latter, since it lets the infatuation grow and really hits home what he’d done. plus, it let’s toothless have an angry phase similar to the movies so he can win her bacl. my suugestion isthat she reveals her abilities when they need to sneak into berk, since the vikings don’t know. this causes a bit of a fallout and sh doesn’t change back until he make it up to her and proves that he’s doing better/is becoming the hero she thought he was all that time ago/really does care. long lost lovers type deal. he could often idly wonder how the dragon’s doing, and use it in his flag as mamory of ‘him’.

we could also have him meet and make an impression on astrid, who was dared to go to the spooky tower and gets him curious about the world. she thought he was a ghost.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.