Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Hmmmm.... okay. This could stretch disbeleif a little far.... or.…

Remember what i said about tying characters into each other to make the easier to swallow? Well, mirage isn't the only anthroponorphic cat you have. What if lion king was an african kingdom.... one not only beseiged by the empire, but queen Za as well. Part of her spell with jane could involve enslavinv the kingdom by turning them into catpeople, including queen sarabi and princess nala. Jane could be a researcher or trade spokesman or both who had the bad luck of getting caught in the middle and has been doing her best to provide the kingdom with as much medical and other assorted knowledges as she can. By overcoming za, she's the new true chosen queen. Sarabi was an acting queen because the people were trying to contain the mad queen Za

Eh, I said the idea was a bit weird... I had not thought bout connecting this idea with the queen La one beyond giving Hiccup territory in North Africa that he could expand south from though…

Given however that this story would already have shape shifters in the form of the dragons, the wolves of Nordberg, the spiders of Everlight, and the salamanders of the Wastelands, perhaps the Pridelands and Outlands could be a territory of shape shifters that turn into large lions? 

21 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

Given however that this story would already have shape shifters in the form of the dragons, the wolves of Nordberg, the spiders of Everlight, and the salamanders of the Wastelands, perhaps the Pridelands and Outlands could be a territory of shape shifters that turn into large lions

That works. Quite well. The city could be desered at night because la controls them under the moon or something so they lock or bat themselves inside. And allows for some interesting stortlytelling.

Oh and sorry i kept calling her za. I know who she is i just forgot her name. Used to watch the show too

Edited by Strange_idea

36 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

That works. Quite well. The city could be desered at night because la controls them under the moon or something so they lock or bat themselves inside. And allows for some interesting stortlytelling.

Oh and sorry i kept calling her za. I know who she is i just forgot her name. Used to watch the show too

An idea has occurred to me…

Given that one if La's main powers is the ability to turn leopards into leopardmen, what if the Pridelanders and Outlanders were the result of her trying to make lionmen long ago, according to the TV show La is very old, only for them to escape and every so often La would attempt to recapture them?

Then once Hiccup conquers the lionmen's territory, he retaliates after once such attempt by conquering La's territory of Opar?

55 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

If it's not too much to ask could i get your opinion on my story concepts? I have a thread here

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/66854-strange_ideas-prompts-scenarios-and-conepts/

I have commented, they might not be my most in depth thoughts but they were all my imagination would give me...

7 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

An idea has occurred to me…

Given that one if La's main powers is the ability to turn leopards into leopardmen, what if the Pridelanders and Outlanders were the result of her trying to make lionmen long ago, according to the TV show La is very old, only for them to escape and every so often La would attempt to recapture them?

Then once Hiccup conquers the lionmen's territory, he retaliates after once such attempt by conquering La's territory of Opar?

That works, really well.

And thank you for the comments.

And perhaps Mirage was one that by happenstance, or possibly design on La's part intending her to be an assistant, was one that had great magical potential and was captured and sacrificed to make the Heart?..

Also you are welcome

Edited by Jwsponky

You could still tie jane into it. Possibly as an anthropologist trying to disprove, then study, then protect the lion people.

Hmmm

Maybe. But i like the idea of her being stuck as a cat for the early chapters.... although maybe she was a tower apprentice that happened to be the one who opened the letter from la. It'd add weight to hiccups capturing her

22 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

You could still tie jane into it. Possibly as an anthropologist trying to disprove, then study, then protect the lion people.

Hmmm

Maybe. But i like the idea of her being stuck as a cat for the early chapters.... although maybe she was a tower apprentice that happened to be the one who opened the letter from la. It'd add weight to hiccups capturing her

21 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Hmmm. Oh, what if la tricked mirage into being sent in her place, and her not being the right one got her stuck as a cat all these years

This idea could work... maybe Mirage, while powerful, wasn't as powerful as the intended sorceress, La, hence her diminished form, a merely house cat where as the other bound sorceresses could manifest as their proper selves?

Right! So she's the joke of the tower and needa hiccup to free her. But her conncetion's also weak enough that she can leave with him. And maybe she's been learning and soaking up power in the tower, so she's looking forwards to meeting la again. Hmmmm. Oh, that would also give the tower girls a way to see what's going on, spell on mirage.

What do you think of the scrying idea by the way?

9 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Right! So she's the joke of the tower and needed hiccup to free her. But her connection is also weak enough that she can leave with him. And maybe she's been learning and soaking up power in the tower, so she's looking forwards to meeting La again. Hmmmm. Oh, that would also give the tower girls a way to see what's going on, spell on mirage.

What do you think of the scrying idea by the way?

The scrying seems a good idea, rather similar to how Gnarl can follow your progress.

I do admit I'm not sure if the weaker connection would mean Mirage could travel further from the Heart that the others because it would have less pull on her, or if her range would be more limited due to her lower power levels...

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

My take is that it's a weaker connection, so she's thether to the towers power, but not the towet itself. Hiccup is just fine as a substitute.

And what did you think of the summon thing?

This is a point, and I admit I'm rather undecided on the topic of the summons, partly because it slipped my mind to think about it…

Changing the topic completely, but I recalled an idea I had aways back, based on one of Gnarl's lines in the evil ending of the first game "The land itself bore the mark of his corruption"…

What of Hiccup could take shards of crystal, possibly carved into the shape of diamonds on playing cards, from the Netherworld and link them to the Tower Heart, then take them to a fortified/important building in a conquered territory, such as Castle Spree in Spree, and give them a 'jump start' with the evil presence sleep, causing them to start collecting ambient magic in the region and feeding it into the Tower Heart, corrupting the land and people in the process, plants growing thorns, women getting a boost similar but less extreme than the mistresses, and so on?

Hmmmm okay. Though i have to ask, is hiccup noyably 'evil' in this story? The first game let youbchoose between evil and 'greater good'/'noble demon' type overlord.

You could also have it raise magic levels in the area. With stuff like dragons and unicorns that's both a good and bad thing and something the empire would HATE. Hmmmm. It would also make a connection to the tower.... maybe for portals? To give his girls surprise visits and quick aid if needed

I had been kind of aiming for 'grey', takes care of those who follow him, but not somebody you'd want mad at you…

To use Spree as an example, he'd give back the food the halflings stole, but he'd still take over the area and... not outright mind control the humans and remaining halfings, it'd be closer to Loki's control in Avengers, "changing perspectives"

Or another example, during the prologue chapter I intend for him to set up business with the Dragon Hunters, buying beings he knows are sentient and as such engaging in slavery, but simultaneously saving them from being slaughtered and made into rugs and such...

Hmmm. Does he keep the slaves or free them?  Davinci used to that to caged animals he bought.

Grey characters can get boring, though that might jus be me. It's irritating at times for a hero to be no better than his enemies. Personal taste, again. And iy can be done well. Though I can see this as a pragmatic hiccip in a harsh world, trying to be better than the others while working with what he has.

I'd... not go for loki control. Given how thibgs are just taking over should be enough, and he can probably win thrm over by being fair and better thsn the old king. And there's not that obviois a difference between it and brainwashing.

Also, had a brainwave. What if the girls could use the crysyal cpnnection to travel between towers? They could meet with hiccup.and 'celebrate' hus victories and lay in their husband's bed. Though being rulers they'd have to go back soon, which you could use to keep the party small. Also, the sorceresses could probably manifest in the towers as part if the connection, and to get some space.

Probably going to turn in now. Night

Edited by Strange_idea

My plan had been for Hiccup to keep the dragons, with of them being used as his air force, possibly using a method similar to Drago Bludvist's to become 'Alpha'

Just for the sake of saying, in this story Hiccup wouldn't be calling himself a hero, given his being raised by evil sorceresses he'd likely equate hero=fool

I admit I was basing the idea of perspective changing mind control off of the second game where your options are 'brainwash into mindless slaves' or kill, and was aiming for something of a middle ground 'forced loyalty, but ability to think and problem solve'...

I admit I'm undecided if I'll have the mistresses live in the towers or castles in their territory, or if those would just be offices and they'd have quarters in the Dark Tower

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.