Click Here!

The review i've got

bwm1013

Whose idea should I go with  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Whose idea should i go with?

• LUNARSILVER
    • My own

LUNARSILVER’S review was actually an idea for the next two chapters. He suggested on the first night of their vacation, Kim and Ann take seductive pictures and selfies. Then Ann brings along a video camera and the two make a sex tape. Then in part two, while in their sleepwear they have sex while watching it before going to sleep. It’s a pretty good idea but I also have some thoughts of my own. Do you guys think I should take his suggestion or use my own ideas?

• 4 months later...

I always will vote for your own. Sometimes it’s fun to take suggestions from readers, especially if you’re stuck on something and need a little boost. At the same time, I 100% believe you should follow your own inspiration whenever you possibly can. If you’re torn between a reader’s idea and your own, follow the inspiration. By that, I mean what you’re picturing in your head. What words do you keep rolling around on your tongue? What events are you excited to sculpt and play with? Go with that.

Personally, I think it’s more fun, when readers make suggestions, to go in the opposite direction to avoid being predictable. Take your readers by surprise when possible, keep them on their toes. Though that may not be as important if you’re writing a pwp. 

3 hours ago, CloverReef said:

I always will vote for your own. Sometimes it’s fun to take suggestions from readers, especially if you’re stuck on something and need a little boost. At the same time, I 100% believe you should follow your own inspiration whenever you possibly can. If you’re torn between a reader’s idea and your own, follow the inspiration. By that, I mean what you’re picturing in your head. What words do you keep rolling around on your tongue? What events are you excited to sculpt and play with? Go with that.

Personally, I think it’s more fun, when readers make suggestions, to go in the opposite direction to avoid being predictable. Take your readers by surprise when possible, keep them on their toes. Though that may not be as important if you’re writing a pwp. 

Second, better, normally, to go with what you were intending.  However, if stuck, or the their idea works better, sure, use it, or as clover suggested, to the opposite.  In the end, it’s your story that you’re sharing with them. 

Paying attention to the reader can help too.  For instance, toward the beginning of Dale’s Game, I wasn’t certain where the main thing near the end would occur, but Dirty Angel made a suggestion (I think she was joking), and it fit perfectly to the character, so I went with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thirding the put you first...  It's your idea, after all, as has been stated.  You know where you want the characters to go.

That said, as DP noted, listening to the readers can be helpful too.  As long as keeping with the established character and situation. 

For example, in mainstream DC comics, as far as I'm aware, Batman would never backhand Robin, force him to eat rats, or even call him retarded... (I'm excluding All Star Batman and Robin, that's just toilet paper in my humble opinion)...  If you were writing a Batman story and someone suggested that, I'd be inclined to ignore it.  If, however, you're writing Batman and someone suggests a threesome with two hot models...  Or just in bed with Robin (yes, this actually happened in a comic, though I don't remember what number...)...  I'd say go with it...  (I'm rambling again, aren’t I?)

I’ve found that there will always be those who want to give you advice or suggestions but I believe going with your own idea is important.  Everyone not only has their own writing style, they have their own ‘story’ to tell.  For me, I’m open to listening to what others may have to say, however, however, it’s mostly a moot topic.  This is because when I write there is a set process as I’m sure we all have to some degree.  It all starts with your idea, how you see what’s going to happen and what you want to happen.

I know I’m new to this site but not new to fanfiction writing.  For my part (as a few others I used to talk with) I write this type of storyline because I have found myself to be at times obsessed with a specific character(s) and even the essence of their origin whether it's a movie or a book.  I want to be able to sit back and know that although in fanfiction certain characters are not mine, the story is.  As with any writer, wanting your particular audience to appreciate your work is part of the 'endgame' yet we also write for ourselves, for the love of the characters and the story.