Click Here!

clmustafic review reply and discussion

CL Mustafic

Yay we've inspired another bit of naughtiness from Dafdes, mission accomplished.

We've got four entrants now, suppose we should invite BW, I think her story is going to be somewhat violent. Nah, she'd probably leave us all in the dust better to keep her out of it so we have a chance at least.

Oh, don't encourage me! I already have the BDSM tag on that little foray, and I may need to add more. This is NOT a fluffy world.

Oh, don't encourage me! I already have the BDSM tag on that little foray, and I may need to add more. This is NOT a fluffy world.

I would never encourage you to harm your characters in any way, um but if you already have the BDSM tag, what would be the harm in pushing the boundaries just a wee bit?

Ok...I'm starting to see why I get in so much trouble and get blamed for starting things. :blush:

::dies laughing:: In my case, I'm already in trouble for not correctly understanding "fluffy."

::dies laughing:: In my case, I'm already in trouble for not correctly understanding "fluffy."

Yes, I think we ought to find you an updated dictionary or something so you can read the definition repeatedly to understand it.

Of course I've only myself to blame since I just keep reading your stuff. I still have to review "A Good Morning's Sleep" I think that's the name of it, and yuck and giggles at the same time over the end of that one. :D

Review Replies for Backdoor Politics Chapter 1

Happy Easter to all those that celebrate the occasion! And oh what a wonderful way to celebrate Easter! Bet the Easter Bunny never left you something like this… LOL Anyway, once again thanks to everyone that’s been reading and reviewing this fucked up little tale, hope you are enjoying it.

Okay so the next chapter is sort of fluffy, well at least in comparison to the one after it oh and the one after that, whatever, you’ll see.

On to the replies…

Pippychick: I’m glad I could keep the tension up, I was wondering if readers would be expecting a finger or something to be in the bag. :D And yes, Kamal does want something and he is human, he’s just really good at hiding that fact.

BronxWench: Yeah Hamza knew what he was in for and it’s nothing new to him but Kamal doesn’t just go around killing willy nilly so you don’t have to fear for everyone he comes in contact with. :D I was hoping that his social awkwardness would come across in that bit because he really is inept at anything to do with normal human interactions and this will play into the mess he creates later. Glad you’re still with me.

Mona Thompson: Well I see I have finally written something dark enough for you. More is coming.

Tahn: It’s all his mother’s fault I’m sure. LOL We’ll get a little sneak peek into his past soon and maybe it will explain a little bit of why Kamal is the way he is or maybe he’s just a psychopath, who knows. Not sure if anyone will ever be able to make it better though.

Lisa: Well we won’t find that out in the next chapter but maybe in the one after that. :D Nope there was nothing in there just his pay. It wasn’t the first time Hamza has been at Kamal’s service so he knew how it was going to happen, don’t feel too badly for him. I’m glad you’re reading even though you hate Kamal though it was sort of my intention to make him unlikable, maybe he’ll grow on you. LOL

Anon: Not sure what type if any romance there will be guess you’ll have to keep reading to find out.

Darkalley_rambler: There won’t be too much Bosnian for you to translate but there are some things that just don’t translate right. Yeah, I like me a methodical by the book hitman too because then when things don’t go as planned it’s that much more fun to watch them struggle. :D You caught that did you? I was hoping that the reader would glean a bit about his character from him turning down the job kidnapping a kid because he was sick of ‘babysitting’ and not because he was opposed to actually kidnapping them, I think it speaks volumes about him, right? Thanks for reading yet another slash story even though I know they are not your cup of tea. :D

Well that’s it for now, thanks again to all who left a review! Chapter 2 is up now!

CL

Review Replies for Calling the Ball Chapter 9

Once again thanks to those that are reading and reviewing!

It’s funny because this is so light and fluffy compared to Backdoor Politics that when I post them just a day apart it makes me giggle. I’m weird, get over it. Okay so the next chapter is not my favorite so feel free to hate on it if you like.

On to review replies…

BronxWench: LOL You are almost as bad as Tahn lately, wanting to spank my characters. But to be fair, Henrick is sort of a brat and would probably benefit from a little punishment, too bad this isn’t that type of story. ;) I’m so glad you like Tino, he’s too sweet for the world he lives in but it’s still going to take him a bit to realize that he doesn’t have to play the game to play the game.

Lisa: Yeah, can you say mixed signals? It’s just Henrick’s nature but poor Tino, he’d so confused! It’s going to be a bit yet until Tino finally figures it out. :D

Tahn: That line actually comes curtesy of my son. When he was 2 we were having my mother’s 60th birthday party at our house and he was sitting on a stool by the counter staring at the cake like he was mesmerized by it. We were all watching to see if he’d try to stick a finger in it when he dropped his head and licked the side of the cake. He looked up like he was surprised at his own actions and said, “Oops, I yicked it!” So there, it’s been immortalized for all time, just one of our family’s little inside jokes.

Thanks again to all who left me a review! Chapter 10 is up now!

CL

Review Replies for Backdoor Politics Chapter 2

Hello and welcome back all you readers and reviewers!

So this chapter marks the end of fluffy Kamal… LOL I had to say it because it’s just too funny. Anyway, Kamal is about to get a little worse so I hope you’re ready for it. :D Note the added tag please and beware if it’s something that will upset you.

Review Replies…

BronxWench: He is a monster and I couldn’t picture the sex between them happening any other way. They just seemed like the type that would make it into something more like a fight than sex. Oh man, I made you shiver? Stop or you’ll give me a big head. :P

Lavi1443: I’m glad you think so and hope that I can keep you wanting more.

Pippychick: Thanks, I’m glad you thought so. Yeah no fluffy here, I think it got lost somewhere… *looks under the couch and shakes head* We’ll find out a little more about the job in the next chapter. And thanks for the help with the scene you read for me.

Rukia Isaioi: It’s going to take a while before anything in the relationship department develops and I’m not sure it will be exactly what you expect from it but I’m glad you’re enjoying the story so far. :D

Lisa: I’m so happy you are still with me! I’m sorry that you don’t like my assassins but you’re kinda supposed to not like them, it only means I’m doing my job, right? I’m glad you find it interesting and I can’t tell you about the job Demetri was talking about but you’ll probably find out soon. :D

Hum, feels like something's missing... Oh yeah Tahn! Where the heck are you girl?

Okay so that is all for now, thanks once again to everyone that left me a review! Chapter 3 is up now!

CL

Review Replies for Calling the Ball Chapter 10

It’s Monday! Yay! Welcome back to those of you who are reading and reviewing what I now realize is probably the fluffiest thing I’ve ever written. So I’m just going to keep torturing you all with cuteness while still keeping the boys apart for my own amusement. :D

On to the review replies…

BronxWench: Okay, I will let you spank both Henrick and Dardan because they deserve it. I think Tino does deserve better but I also think he needs to step up and do something to get what he wants and stop letting people run his life for him.

Lisa: Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Henrick will take his sudden departure without a call as abandonment to some degree. Never fear though, they do have each other’s phone numbers. ;)

Tahn: I love how you’re the only one that feels bad for Heir Friedberg, poor guy indeed but I like him, he’s a good man. Hum, maybe I should turn him and set him up with Tino? That would make BronxWench happy at least. :D

Well that’s all for today, thanks again to BW, Lisa and Tahn for reviewing. Chapter 11 is up now!

CL

Review Replies for Backdoor Politics Chapter 3

So are you all still with me? I’m sure I lost a few of you after that last chapter but thanks to all of you that are still with me!

Yeah, I bet ya’ll did see that coming, did you? Kamal is just full of surprises. :D So this next chapter is sort of boring but it was something that had to be dealt with so try not to fall asleep and make sure you come back because the chapter after this one is better, I promise. ;)

On to review replies…

Pippychick: Yeah I figured you wouldn’t be surprised by Julien getting offed. I’m not sure how Kamal will handle what he did or if he’ll just simply stuff it down with all the other things he’s done and forget about it. And yes, his impulsive decision will lead to many unexpected things, I hope at least.

BronxWench: I’m glad you think so. Yeah Julien wasn’t a nice guy even if he maybe sorta kinda was showing a bit of his human side before Kamal oopsied and killed him. Chapter after this next one will give you a little glimpse into Kamal’s past so come back after the boring one.

Anon: Yeah but you see, Kamal’s mind doesn’t work that way. He’s not the type that would ask but to be fair, he sort of acted on impulse there. Also, Kamal had no feelings for Julien, he was someone to have sex with and nothing else even after 8 years. Kamal’s sort of screwed up.

Tahn: You will not have to ponder that question for long my dear, you will get your answer soon. :D

Lisa: You’re still here! No, the kid in the photo is Orhan’s son. :D I was a bit shocked myself when he decided to do something so drastic but he’s a little unpredictable so I guess I wasn’t too thrown. I think they can feel and even love but they chose not to for some reason. *shrugs* I don’t know. He’s going to do more bad things so be prepared. :D

Okay so that’s it for now, thanks again to everyone that left me a review! Chapter 4 is up now!

CL

Guest mámá

hello. can you tell me, please, when chapter 6 of backdoor politics is going out, and which frequency do you post the chapters of that story? I start to read it and I'm loving it. I hope that you will continue the story. :2tubs::help:

hello. can you tell me, please, when chapter 6 of backdoor politics is going out, and which frequency do you post the chapters of that story? I start to read it and I'm loving it. I hope that you will continue the story. :2tubs::help:

Hi and thanks for stopping by but unfortunately I don't have an exact date for you because I'm winging this one. It will not be longer than a week though I can assure you of that since the chapter is written and being proofed by yours truly as we speak. I'm terrible at editing so it always takes me forever to decide it's ready to publish.

CL

Edited by CL Mustafic

Pippychick: Yeah I figured you wouldn’t be surprised by Julien getting offed. I’m not sure how Kamal will handle what he did or if he’ll just simply stuff it down with all the other things he’s done and forget about it. And yes, his impulsive decision will lead to many unexpected things, I hope at least.

Of course he can try to shove it down the back of his mind, but since it seems he is going to use that place, Julien will be present (even in death). Every little thing he's thought of will bring him to mind as Kamal discovers them. What a nice thought! To be haunted like that. Kamal has trouble ahead, and I will love seeing him try to deal with it all.

Review Replies for Backdoor Politics Chapter 4

Welcome back and thanks once again to all of you who are reading and reviewing!

Just a quick note, if anyone notices any flaming reviews from an Anon user on any of my stories please ignore them. Do not engage with the troll it only encourages them and validates their stupid opinions and strokes their little self-inflated ego. I’m deleting them as fast as the mouth breather can post them most of the time but I gotta sleep so if they happen to catch me when I’m not around, just let it slide, I’m not bothered by it and neither should any of you be. She’s not reading my stories, just attacking me personally, I’m sure she couldn’t sound out half the words much less know what they mean.

Not much to say today because I really just want to post the chapter and lay down so my head will stop spinning. Next chapter has a little bit of Kamal’s history in it for those of you that are wondering what the hell is up with him.

On to the replies…

BronxWench: It will begin but I’m not sure any of us will be ready for it. :P He’s got his secrets and unfortunately for him his memories are not as locked up as he thinks they are and we’ll have fun watching him fight them off. I’m happy you feel free to hate Kamal and please go on hating him because sometimes I sure do. :D I’m glad the chapter didn’t come off as a huge info dump because that’s what it felt like to me after I reread it.

Rainbowcupcak3: Kamal is forty-ish, I haven’t given him an exact age yet because I still need to work out the time line on it. And thanks for reviewing, it’s nice to know people are enjoying the story so far.

Pippychick: Once again I’m glad the chapter was more revealing than it was boring, I was afraid it was just too much of Kamal doing stuff by himself but to be fair the work he does sort of calls for him to be a loner. You will get your answers soon and they are ones that will haunt Kamal – even if he doesn’t show it all the time. :D

Mira: I’m glad you like it and I will!

Barf: I hope your name isn’t meant as a comment on the story… Yeah he’s crazy and the kid will suffer because of it. :D

Mint: *giggles helplessly* Okay I hope your name isn’t in response to the above reviewer because if it is, you guys have way too good of a sense of humor. I’m glad you find it interesting and hope you’ll continue to do so.

Tahn: Don’t worry, it’s all good. *nods reassuringly as she laughs her best villainous laugh behind Tahn’s back* :D

Well that’s all for now, thanks again to all my reviewers! Chapter 5 is up now!

CL

I feel obliged to chime in here about the edited comment in the story, and Smint45's review.

I'm a moderator, and when I'm working as a moderator, I only review stories to leave a warning about an issue. The reviews are left from the AFF Moderator pen name, and although we all sign our own pen names, so as not to be anonymous, there is a reason for that separate account. It's to separate the writer from the moderator for those of us who are both.

The person leaving the nastygrams on CL's board started on another author's board, and I warned them to stop, as AFF Moderator, because I was working. The troll responded by attacking me on a personal level, both on this hapless author's board and on one of my stories. CL happened to also stand up for this author, in her personal pen name, and has been harassed as a result. The reviews are not about the story. They're loathsome personal attacks and the troll leaving them is a bully and a coward. I don't feel particularly obligated to tolerate that sort of abuse, nor should anyone.

But the point is that what we do or say from our personal pen names has nothing to do with our moderator duties. If someone has an issue with us as moderators, they can email DemonGoddess061, our admin, and bitch about us to their heart's content. To expect CL to have to be "on duty" even in her personal pen name takes things too far, in my opinion. We volunteer our time to moderate, but the truth is, we all wandered here first because we're writers. Let us continue to be writers, and to have opinions, and express them like every other writer on this site.

I feel obliged to chime in here about the edited comment in the story, and Smint45's review.

Thanks for that. I actually toned down what I wanted to say even here in the forums because I did take into account that users hold us to a higher standard.

I would never insult reviewers even if they left me a review saying they didn't like the story but to me someone that is just being a troll and attacking me personally doesn't deserve any respect.

I just wanted to head off any review board war if one of the people who actually reads and reviews my stories decided to stand up in my defense which in the past they have done. I don't want the troll to follow them home too.

Review Replies for Backdoor Politics Chapter 5

Welcome back and thanks for reading and reviewing!

Okay so we got a little taste of good and bad Kamal in this last chapter and a little of Kamal’s background. Hope you all didn’t start to feel sorry for him. ;) Hope you’re all ready for a little more fuckedupedness ßwhy is that not a word?!?!

On to the replies…

Tahn: Do you think it will? I don’t know having a guy beat the shit out of you and then take care of you seems to be what people find romantic now a days. :P I’m kidding! Of course it will fuck the poor kid up!

Pippychick: Thanks again with the help and feedback on the flashback, I really appreciated it. It is only going to get more personal as time goes on and eventually Kamal will figure out that he’s doing it. In working on chapter 8 today, a few twists popped up that I hadn’t expected so yeah shit will get deep I think. Kamal put the ear muffs back on Zijad before he admitted that he knew Orhan, maybe you missed that so Zijad still doesn’t know of the connection. And again I was also surprised by Zijad saying that about his dad, guess we’ll have to wait and see why. :D

Smint45: Both I and BronxWench addressed your grievance in the posts above this one so if you care to read them go right on ahead and do so. I also love the fact that people who can’t be bothered to review normally don’t hesitate to do so when they feel the need to bitch about something, so thanks for that. Hope you continue to silently enjoy the story. (Shit just realized I should have used the snarky font there but just like the sarcasm font, I can’t seem to find it.)

Lisa: (1) I’m sorry, I’m not sure you will ever get to like him but you may end up rooting for him at some point. ;) Oh come on, the dismemberment scene was so toned down from the original I’d planned that it didn’t even register with me as I wrote it. Um, I asked my hubby and my oldest son who’s attending the medical high school here about how to go about it. I was afraid to google some of the stuff I needed to know. (2) Now you’re catching on and we’ll probably get more answers as the story progresses. Yeah there’s really no excuse for Kamal’s behavior, it was just a little peek into one of the many things that made him who he is. He’ll be back in chapter 6. :D

BronxWench: Yep, just a little tiny glimpse for now but there’s sure to be more. No, you’re right it in no way excuses him, I’m not going to try to get the readers to like him per se because he’s not a very likable man. He will do things in the name of his job no matter what the cost to even himself. I’m glad then that you don’t mind not liking the MC because I get the feeling some readers are waiting for him to fall madly in love with Zijad and at this point I don’t see that happening. Of course that is not to say that some other sort of relationship, fucked up in so many ways, couldn’t develop. ;) Thanks for leaving me a review even though it pisses off our little troll that you do.

Mint: Hi again! I’m glad you think so. Yeah, he’s sort of fucked up when he’s on the job… of course he’s always a wee bit fucked up. Happy to hear you’re enjoying the story.

Mona Thompson: I’m glad you think so and hope to keep that up as I aim to please.

Okay so that’s it for now, thanks again to everyone who reviewed! Chapter 6 is up now!

CL

Guest Guest Fairy

Hi, I like you story Involuntary Indebtedness very much and I just wanted to ask when the next chapter is coming out :lol:

normally I would just wait and see but you update frequently (or I think so) and I can't wait to see how boss will react :)

Hi, I like you story Involuntary Indebtedness very much and I just wanted to ask when the next chapter is coming out :lol:

normally I would just wait and see but you update frequently (or I think so) and I can't wait to see how boss will react :)

Hi! Um, I've been sort of obsessed with my assassin story lately. *blushes* But I think I have a chapter... *rummages through heaps of unposted chapters* of that story around here somewhere. *Ah ha, grins triumphantly* There it is, give me a couple of days and I'll see if I can put enough lipstick on this little piggy to make it presentable. :D

Review Replies for Backdoor Politics Chapter 5

Pippychick: Thanks again with the help and feedback on the flashback, I really appreciated it. It is only going to get more personal as time goes on and eventually Kamal will figure out that he’s doing it. In working on chapter 8 today, a few twists popped up that I hadn’t expected so yeah shit will get deep I think. Kamal put the ear muffs back on Zijad before he admitted that he knew Orhan, maybe you missed that so Zijad still doesn’t know of the connection. And again I was also surprised by Zijad saying that about his dad, guess we’ll have to wait and see why. :D

CL

Ah, I was thinking of this bit:

“You are your father’s son,” Kamal said when the kid stopped shrieking in agony but still refused to obey.

Given that Kamal has him in that hood, Zijad will be looking for meaning in absolutely anything and everything, and it's kind of true: how would Kamal know if he was like his father or not? Yes, I get that he's referring to Zijad's stubbornness, but the semantic is telling, and I do think Zijad (in his present condition) will seize upon any clue.

Ah, I was thinking of this bit:

“You are your father’s son,” Kamal said when the kid stopped shrieking in agony but still refused to obey.

Given that Kamal has him in that hood, Zijad will be looking for meaning in absolutely anything and everything, and it's kind of true: how would Kamal know if he was like his father or not? Yes, I get that he's referring to Zijad's stubbornness, but the semantic is telling, and I do think Zijad (in his present condition) will seize upon any clue.

I guess he might read something into that but I was thinking that at this point he's really just too scared to think much of anything at least until his mind settles a little, maybe?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.