Click Here!

Tell us about your lost stories!

JayDee

Like*, back in 2005 or 2006 I had a story based on the TV show Angel on AFF. It was an incest story 'bout Officer Kate and her Dad, and nobody died though, being incest and all, it was kind've messed up. I deleted it from my AFF account and didn't keep a copy, though I couldn't say now if that was intentional or not.

So, stories you wrote, even posted, but that are utterly lost to you.

Go!

*Sorry, saw some old Scooby Doo.

The very first thing I ever wrote was handwritten, because I just love dating myself here. I put it aside until I had time to type it, and never saw it again.

In retrospect, I'm entirely sure it was a mercy killing by the universe as a whole. :lol:

Somewhere my mother has a pile of school exercise books from when I was around seven or eight, full of stories about alien abduction and criminal overuse of the word 'suddenly'

Every now and again, an anguished cry echoes through England as I lose access to another hard drive, though to be fair it's been a few years since the last time that happened.

I've lost more work than I can bring to mind, and more than I want to remember, but I do still mourn the loss of an SPN/Torchwood crossover I was working on years ago that I never posted.

I had a 70 chapter, 350,000 word story running around that ended up deleted between computers. There are fragments existing on various sites, but at this point they read more like loose outlines than my actual chapters.

Oh my! I have a ton of lost stories that were all handwritten; my last fiance got a storage unit before we decided to move and he never paid on it. I lost not only every story that I had written/typed between the ages of twelve to twenty but all of my school memorabilia from kindergarten to senior year!

Anyway; the one that I actually hate that I lost was one that had no title and no end in sight. It was typed (and man, I remember how I had to go to the only store in town that carried that specific ink every month for that typewriter) and I placed it in a purple binder. I've always been a sportsaholic and so this story was surrounding my favorite college team. Every now and then, I would think about that story and giggle about the little parts that I could remember! I hate that I lost it because it would be 99.99999% hilarious and awful right now but it would be proof of how old I was when I started to really get into writing... and how weird my little mind was back then!

I also remember this one that I started writing when I was about nineteen about a figure skater who fell in love with her bodyguard. Someone told me that it reminded them too much of The Bodyguard (Whitney Houston/Kevin Costner flick... just in case you didn't know) which I had never seen, even to this day. I didn't want for people to think that I copied the movie and stopped writing it!

Once I became a member on here, I had long since invested in the power of the flash drive and so whatever story I decide to delete from here, I will always have a copy of somewhere!

• 3 weeks later...

This one is kind of embarrassing: Years ago, I wrote a trilogy of short fanfics about Wilykit and Wilykat from ThunderCats. And somehow, in switching from one computer to another, I lost the MIDDLE story. I've never found it again; I think the only place I posted it was on a ThunderCats-themed Yahoo group that is now defunct.

• 2 years later...

Long ago, someone put together a sort of “magazine” of Simpsons erotica, to which I contributed a short story about Lisa getting some surprise buttsex from Santa’s Little Helper. (She ultimately decides that breaking taboos—like underage sex and bestiality—is a fascinating and liberating experience and decides to break more of them in the future.) The magazine was eventually posted as a PDF, but I no longer have a copy of it or of the story itself.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.