Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Second paragraph: "The world was cracking. I wasn't ready for it to break yet."

Jack had his comfort zone. There were the issues with the three-way at the cabin, but for most of his life Jack had people and relationships, structures, that he could rely on. Suddenly those are all gone, and he sees himself to blame.

Part of our journeys as readers is observing him learn these lessons of life.

This right here. I think sometimes, we (or at least I) take for granted Jashley's writing skills. When I think about people's ability to capture and portray emotions and life experiences, SITO rivals anything else I've read. We get frustrated as fuck when Jack makes a poor decision. We sit thinking, "why the hell did he do that?!" Because it's easy to take a logical approach, leaving emotions out, but then you fail to realize that there is no separation between emotions and logic. Sure, you get people who can create a great setting, but whose characters sometimes fall flat. The depth each person has, as well as the continuing discovery of each other, (Jack and Kayla may have another big revelation about each other. It's interesting, we don't know much about Kayla's life before she moved.) is, in my opinion, outstanding.

I have no idea if it would ever be in the interests of Joe to publish this story in any other way aside from a site like this. I believe he's mentioned before that it's not. It's hard to see large scale reading, or publishing, with the 'graphic' details in the story. Not only that, but the other things that happen. Mainly the incest. Some would probably be "required" to be edited out, and that would definitely take away from the story.

Edited by thismy

I went to college in my hometown, and lived at home, because I was scared as fuck to start from scratch somewhere else, out of town, where I would know no one, and be hours away from anyone I could rely on. Some people think that's great. I couldn't face it

I did leave town after I got married, but I had my wife and some of her family were nearby. Still, after 20 years away I felt lonely and wanted to go home.

Edited by Joe Long

I have no idea if it would ever be in the interests of Joe to publish this story in any other way aside from a site like this. I believe he's mentioned before that it's not. It's hard to see large scale reading, or publishing, with the 'graphic' details in the story. Not only that, but the other things that happen. Mainly the incest. Some would probably be "required" to be edited out, and that would definitely take away from the story.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17225311-tampa

This gets published. Pretty controversial, I would say.

Compared to that, SITO is actually very very romantic, and trust me, I have not read a more realistic coming of age story.

This will sell.

Guest Dark lust

Everyone saying sambor joe called the police and everyone is forgetting one other person Jessica . She had party same day, she was mad cause jack wasn't showing up I believe she called the police and everyone broken up now that jack and Kayla will be hanging with her now just wait and see but I might be wrong

Everyone saying sambor joe called the police and everyone is forgetting one other person Jessica . She had party same day, she was mad cause jack wasn't showing up I believe she called the police and everyone broken up now that jack and Kayla will be hanging with her now just wait and see but I might be wrong

I thought the same thing about the party, seems like the sort of childish thing she would do for attention

Compared to that, SITO is actually very very romantic, and trust me, I have not read a more realistic coming of age story.

This will sell.

Other than the incest, no sexual partners are under 15, probably 16*, and all of the sex is with people the same age, not like some folks on this site (not this forum) freaking out over my 19 and 13.

*I don't know if Tara's age has been explicitly stated. We know she's not driving yet, but I'm not sure if she's a junior like Jack, which would make her 16+

Break each saga into it's own book, so we're currently on the 5th book, IIRC.

Sell each for something low, like $2.99, so it's just shy of $15 for the entire set.

Almost 2 million total views between the blue site and here. Divide by 43 chapters, then assume each unique reader views a chapter about 1.5 times, so lets say 30,000 readers. Half of them are willing to pay, so now 15,000 paying customers, times $14.95 for the whole set (so far) is $224,500. Give amazon their share and we're in the neighborhood of $200k. Even if I'm high by a factor of 10, $20k is still fantastic.(because many people have read online and would say f'it to paying $15 for something they've already read).

Break each saga into it's own book, so we're currently on the 5th book, IIRC.

Sell each for something low, like $2.99, so it's just shy of $15 for the entire set.

Almost 2 million total views between the blue site and here. Divide by 43 chapters, then assume each unique reader views a chapter about 1.5 times, so lets say 30,000 readers. Half of them are willing to pay, so now 15,000 paying customers, times $14.95 for the whole set (so far) is $224,500. Give amazon their share and we're in the neighborhood of $200k. Even if I'm high by a factor of 10, $20k is still fantastic.(because many people have read online and would say f'it to paying $15 for something they've already read).

I'd buy it

I'd buy it

To hell with what other people would think. I'd buy the shit out of it too.

The point about Jessica calling the cops, yeah, that crossed my mind as well. It is pretty odd that Jack or anyone else didn't point a finger at her. The passage of time at the end of the chapter was a little unclear.

It's interesting that we've gotten more insight to Rhona, as she called Jack her only friend. She has a somewhat motherly protection of Jack, at least it seems to me. She also seems to be crushing on Jack (obviously), but respectfully of Kayla. (Something tells me if Jack was, I don't know, staring at Rhona's boobs (probably something worse), she'd scold him and tell Kayla about it.) How does being out of college relate to a Junior in High School? So much to figure out!

I want to see if another group forms, or some remnants of the old group comes back together. Belle's not likely to come around anytime soon without some sort of life changing moment. (Which I'm very sad about, I really liked her character.) Becca is directly gunning for Jack. (Will Kayla lay down the law?) Maybe there's a chance that Jack will attempt to repair relations with Craig. (I'm assuming Becca stands in the way of that.) So there's Joe. That one might take a while, but they might reconcile, at least partly. So then what, Bynum and Shannon? Plus who? Matt? (The blowjob might put Jack off a little. Or not.) Someone yet unseen? Maybe Kayla finds a new bestie. I mentioned this earlier, I'd love to see more of Kayla's backstory. More about her earlier life. Maybe a deep conversation that Jack and Kayla have. Since we only get a window into some of his life, Jack probably knows way more than we do. (Or not.)

Favorite crazy theory of mine. The anti-hero Brad. Brad comes back a changed, or partially changed person, in the hight of a climax of conflict. Out of the ashes, Brad arises, doing something. (I'm not sure how It'd play out yet.) I've got quite a convoluted fan fic going on right now, partially written and partially in my mind. I might put up the opening to see how it goes.

Okay. One thing that may be important in the next chapter. Amanda and Alan will find out that Jack and Kayla knew about Sam and Joe. Considering how they blew up at their parents, i don't know what they'll to Jack when they find out he knew. Why they'll find out? Well, Jack lost most of his friends in the span of one chapter. As for Belle, her reaction to Jack and Kayla made me wonder if that wasn't why she stayed a part of Jessica's entourage before she left for the moron Joe (and he is a moron. Sam's worse because he tried to deny what he did. Joe gave up that ghost and now that he's a single island in the middle of the ocean, so to speak, who knows what could happen with him. Maybe the pipe bomb as some elaborate attempt at getting attention. Probably not, but considering how Joe's social circle died and he doesn't even know if Jack's still his friend-at that point, if it was me, i'd cut him loose. Sounds cold, but Jack trusted his best friend to know better and Joe slapped him in the face for that act. Sorry, but Joe can just reflect on what he's done. Sam, well, it confirms what people said about him being too much like Jack at the beginning. Jack's been stupid and callous at moments in the story, but i doubt he'd ever do what Sam did).

Has anyone else had the thought maybe Belle was the one who called the cops? She had no idea that Craig was going to kick out Joe and Sam after she stormed out, she may have blamed Craig for throwing the party since it happened there, and was blinded by fury enough to overlook the fact that she still had friends there (Jack, Kayla, Alan, ect. before she found out Jack and Kayla at least knew about it all previously) and just wanted to get Joe, Sam, and maybe Craig into trouble. She is the only other person that I can think of aside from Jessica and Joe whose presence isn't accounted for by the end of the chapter when the cops were called. I don't want to definitely say it was her but she did have a motive and opportunity.

Unless of course it was just the neighbors with a noise complaint and we are all overthinking this way too much.

Has anyone else had the thought maybe Belle was the one who called the cops? She had no idea that Craig was going to kick out Joe and Sam after she stormed out, she may have blamed Craig for throwing the party since it happened there, and was blinded by fury enough to overlook the fact that she still had friends there (Jack, Kayla, Alan, ect. before she found out Jack and Kayla at least knew about it all previously) and just wanted to get Joe, Sam, and maybe Craig into trouble. She is the only other person that I can think of aside from Jessica and Joe whose presence isn't accounted for by the end of the chapter when the cops were called. I don't want to definitely say it was her but she did have a motive and opportunity.

Unless of course it was just the neighbors with a noise complaint and we are all overthinking this way too much.

Now there's something I haven't thought about. It's plausible, but I think more guilt would have moved to her. If she did call the cops on all of them, why was she with the group in the morning? Second, I'd think she'd be a lot less hostile towards them, or avoiding them completely. Maybe she did, and if that's the case, then yeah, it could surface and cause her problems. The party had a pretty good rep, and it would certainly allow the others to be angry at her.

I also think Jessica called cops or might be neighbours

I also agree with some one above that Amanda might go other route.

and i think why Joe and Sam did what they did is that they had to make sure that they swing other way and how much they like/love each other,if they found out that they love each other more than they might have broke their other relationships by their own.i think their intend was not to cheat but to find out the extent of their feelings and than to decide is this worth it or their girlfriends.

ANd plz dont let Alan,Amanda know that Jack knew it beofore.if they do jack life at home will also suffer a lot.he already is in torment

Belle could have called, but the only one for sure to still be there when the cops arrived would be Craig.

In the story it mentioned about the neighbors not being real close, but I was looking at Google Earth along with Zillow, and even with acre lots, houses ($700-800k) can be as close as 50 to 100 feet apart. I found a fairly high end area out of town where the houses were 200 feet apart - but what I noticed on all was how small the streets were. This reinforces th theory that it could have been a neighbor, not just for noise, but also the traffic. Picture a neighbor coming home in the evening, having to navigate around several dozen cars parked along the uncurbed road. That neighbor knows that Craig is still in high school, so if any booze is present nearly all will be under age.

Meanwhile, all the teenagers point fingers at each other.

its Jack's fault that he got hit by Becca,he did't explain to her how Craig was talking about using Joe-Sam deed in favour of his campaign.so i think Kyla should not get back at Becca physically.but their friendship might break on this.

its Jack's fault that he got hit by Becca,he did't explain to her how Craig was talking about using Joe-Sam deed in favour of his campaign.so i think Kyla should not get back at Becca physically.but their friendship might break on this.

No, it's Becca's. Most definitely. I'm pretty pissed at her character in general right now. She assumes that no one else has emotinal problems and that the world revolves around her and Craig. What had Craig done to help Jack? Back him up when Belle told them about Jack's mistake. That was only in part. Jack was the one who gave Craig a chance in the first place. If he and Kayla hadn't interrupted Becca and Craig's original conversation, I don't think Craig would have turned out the same. I think he might have shafted Becca. Remebmer that conversation they had at the club? Yeah, Craig might have gone through with his plan.

This is a link chain, so bare with me. If Jack and Craig hadn't reconciled then, they still might have been enemies by Christmas, therefore not hanging out, which means that Tara doesn't get rejected by Carson, meaning Jack never gropes Tara, never leading him on the run that Walburn killed himself on. Thus not hurting Craig in the first place! That was why Becca was upset. How was it Jack's fault? Craig was not gauging Jack's emotions at all. The conversation probably brought Craig down to Earth. Granted, maybe not in the best way, but honestly, what did you expect? Jack is not culpable. Sure, he said some shit. He should have probably apologized, but what, within a span of 6 hours? Most people don't cool down that fast. Becca's being a stupid shit who thinks she can get away with beating up Jack. There's no high ground to take. Physical assault is never ok in any relationship, friendship or whatever. Not only that, but premeditation. Jack could file assault and battery charges. I'm serious. Becca knows Jack won't fight back. That's shit. Don't put any blame on Jack for getting hit. That's legitimate abuse. I dare anyone to counter me on the fact that a punch was warranted. That's like saying "it was the way he was dressed."

I really hope that Kayla does what's necessary.

Edited by thismy

No, it's Becca's. Most definitely. I'm pretty pissed at her character in general right now. She assumes that no one else has emotinal problems and that the world revolves around her and Craig. What had Craig done to help Jack? Back him up when Belle told them about Jack's mistake. That was only in part. Jack was the one who gave Craig a chance in the first place. If he and Kayla hadn't interrupted Becca and Craig's original conversation, I don't think Craig would have turned out the same. I think he might have shafted Becca. Remebmer that conversation they had at the club? Yeah, Craig might have gone through with his plan.

This is a link chain, so bare with me. If Jack and Craig hadn't reconciled then, they still might have been enemies by Christmas, therefore not hanging out, which means that Tara doesn't get rejected by Carson, meaning Jack never gropes Tara, never leading him on the run that Walburn killed himself on. Thus not hurting Craig in the first place! That was why Becca was upset. How was it Jack's fault? Craig was not gauging Jack's emotions at all. The conversation probably brought Craig down to Earth. Granted, maybe not in the best way, but honestly, what did you expect? Jack is not culpable. Sure, he said some shit. He should have probably apologized, but what, within a span of 6 hours? Most people don't cool down that fast. Becca's being a stupid shit who thinks she can get away with beating up Jack. There's no high ground to take. Physical assault is never ok in any relationship, friendship or whatever. Not only that, but premeditation. Jack could file assault and battery charges. I'm serious. Becca knows Jack won't fight back. That's shit. Don't put any blame on Jack for getting hit. That's legitimate abuse. I dare anyone to counter me on the fact that a punch was warranted. That's like saying "it was the way he was dressed."

wow you analized it well logically.but i hope Kyla oes what she want elsewhere from school campus,otherwise jack's enemies will be more happy to see previous best friends now assaulting each other. Lol i have an idea: They can lure Becca to gamestop and have Rhona go 'Ninja' on her ass. he he

Yeah, Jack's putting way to much pressure on himself. His end of the chapter piece is, while not annoying me, kind of a wallow in his own shame type of thing. His own expectations of himself are wayyy too inflated. Again, he's forgetting that people are emotional creatures, and that there is no separation of emotion and logic. Emotion drives logic and vice-versa. Which is understandable, because he's one person. And a teenager.

He was a time bomb by the end anyway. Too much pent up emotion was stored for his own good. Craig just happened to be being a dick at the right time. You can't just "forget about it." He didn't do anything more than anyone else to tear the group up. It was Becca's own fault for being an abusive shit. It was Craig's fault he focuses to much on his campaign and for lacking an emotional compass or gauge. It was certainly Joe's fault that all these problems came to light. He was the instigator. It's not inherently Jack's fault he came across them kissing. It was he and Kayla who decided not to tell. The voyeur part, well Rhona just kind of laughs at him for that. And it's not necessarily on him for enjoying it. He found out, and reacted albeit, a little over the top, but not "incredibly perverted." That basically covers it all. Again, to much self-expectation, too high of standards, and his "fix everything" mindset. Because he failed at helping, at fixing, it must be his fault. But that's simply not true, and Jack will probably realize this in the end.

I think that the others will need to learn to grow up a little as well. But isn't that what high school is for, growing up?

Edited by thismy

Yeah you are right,for a person who is always trying to fix other problems and help others, will feel double the guilt when he thinks is the cause of other problems.so Jack is so emotionally 'Fucked' right now :P

you are very right that all things were already boiling,Joe blunder brought them into light.And Craig was not so cured of his douchness also :P

And Bravo for Jashley for creating such a story and characters that we are discussing them like they are real persons.yet they are creating on one mind. Nicely done Jashley (LOL now writing Joe hurts,instead i am now more inclined to write Jashley and we know why :P)

I hope Jashley is still on a roll with his writing because I think that Chapter 43 is going to be epic. There is going to be great drama when Jack has to explain to Amanda (and his parents) what happened.

Did I call it or what? Great chapter! It ranks up there with Chapter 12 which has been my favourite so far. I predicted that Alan and Amanda would be royally pissed at their parents and that happened also. As for who called the police, I believe it was one of the neighbors rather than Jessica.. I doubt that three police cruisers would have been dispatched unless the identity of the homeowner and their address (on Caller ID) could be verified. Jessica on a cell phone wouldn't have gotten that kind of response.

Joe, take all the time you need on the next one... you just keep getting better!

I do think Jack needs a good punch in the face and grows the fuck up. But hey, this is good writing to make me feel that :)

Ahem:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.