Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Last year Kayla was much more subdued that this year, dare I say, after the threesome. Early on Kayla was almost Jack's super sweet arm candy, but now she's developed a quite strong independent and aggressive personality, and to me it's not always attractive. I know she's hot and great in the sack, but I don't know if I'd fall for her.

Honestly, the female character I'm most attracted to is Rhona, and I've been thinking of her a lot lately, but that's another post.

I assume that Kayla will move past her kill everyone mindset. I feel like it's her teenage side coming out. Aggressive, IMO, isn't really bad as long as it's not over-the-top, and independence is great. People should be able to function separately, which is where I disagree. I don't think Kayla is super independent. I think, after the threesome, she's become more dependent on Jack. In part because their friend group is all they have. Really, who's her go to girl? Tara?- Jack's cousin. Rhona?- No. Belle?- Maybe? Becca?- Nope. She's an only child who has Jack's friends.

On the topic of Rhona, I'm still not all that enthused by her. I mean, sure, she's a fun character, but she doesn't do much for me.

I think Rhona is very lonely.

It seems that as the only girl with lots of brothers, she had to be assertive to be noticed. She intimidates people while also having the sex appeal to drag guys around by their dicks. She likes to have power, she's the boss.

That power also drives people away. I'm sure she can get laid whenever she wants, but that's all it is, uncommitted sex. A guy could be banging her while fearing one wrong word could cause her to turn him to stone.

The persona she's adopted to be in control is the one that drives people away. She laments to Jack that she has no friends. He appears to be the guy she connects to the best. I believe what Rhona has with Jack is what she's been looking for with a guy, but she can't have him - he's six years younger, still in high school, and has a hot girlfriend who he loves dearly.

So she's still by herself, which affects other things such as her wanting to move out. With apartments starting at $1200/mo, there's no way she can afford one on her own. Even if she's making $15/hr for 35 hours/week, that's a gross of $2100/month. A salary of $12/hr for 30 hours/week only grosses $1440/month. She needs two or three room mates to being her portion of the rent down to $300 or $400 a month.

The more I re-read the chapter, the more I'm convinced that Jessica is playing Jack and Kayla. That sob story about her folks cutting off her allowance doesn't really wash. She is an accomplished actress and can probably manipulate both her parents at will-- remember the Halloween party (with alcohol) at her huge house? Chances are she needs a job a lot less than she says. Jessica tells Jack that she is trying to "distance herself" from her posse. Huh? What is a Queen Bee without a bunch of slavish worker bees to serve her? What is any celebrity without a fan base? I don't think she would give up the top spot in the high school hierarchy, not with her Senior year on the horizon.

Also, how could her parents not know about Brad and what happened? What, they didn't notice that Ted got beaten to a pulp and had a black eye? If Brad started a fight in front of the school that required the police to haul his ass to jail it would have made the papers and been the subject of gossip for weeks. Nope, Jessica is spinning half-truths and lies. I'm curious as to how she knows that much about Ms. Locke. Yes, possibly they're sharing a bed or possibly it's blackmail.

Okay. New Crazy Theory: Amanda and sam's relationship is going to collapse and Amanda may try to use Alan as the rebound guy. The handcuffs, which were mentioned in the summer saga, will probably feature into her using (or trying to use) him. Any thoughts as to how that could go? I mean, Jashley wouldn't mention the handcuffs again (still wondering where Amanda got those from) unless it was important.

Guest Somenoone

Is it possible that Kayla was the one that gave the blowjob? Lately she's had a ton of excuses about working or going out with her parents and stuff. It could be a crazy plot twist it probably isn't Kayla but it could explain why jack got so aroused watching her give Matt a blowjob.

Is it possible that Kayla was the one that gave the blowjob? Lately she's had a ton of excuses about working or going out with her parents and stuff. It could be a crazy plot twist it probably isn't Kayla but it could explain why jack got so aroused watching her give Matt a blowjob.

Well, the girl spoke quite a bit. Even if Jack couldn't see them clearly, he recognized Matt's voice so I assume he would have known if it was Kayla speaking as well.

The more I re-read the chapter, the more I'm convinced that Jessica is playing Jack and Kayla. That sob story about her folks cutting off her allowance doesn't really wash. She is an accomplished actress and can probably manipulate both her parents at will-- remember the Halloween party (with alcohol) at her huge house? Chances are she needs a job a lot less than she says. Jessica tells Jack that she is trying to "distance herself" from her posse. Huh? What is a Queen Bee without a bunch of slavish worker bees to serve her? What is any celebrity without a fan base? I don't think she would give up the top spot in the high school hierarchy, not with her Senior year on the horizon.

Also, how could her parents not know about Brad and what happened? What, they didn't notice that Ted got beaten to a pulp and had a black eye? If Brad started a fight in front of the school that required the police to haul his ass to jail it would have made the papers and been the subject of gossip for weeks. Nope, Jessica is spinning half-truths and lies. I'm curious as to how she knows that much about Ms. Locke. Yes, possibly they're sharing a bed or possibly it's blackmail.

Get this: Jessica's parents are gone. Like not around at all. So the ploy about money is that they won't wire to her account. Ms. Locke is actuall her legal guardian, and that's how Jessica knows her so well/has control. Ms Locke doesn't care what Ted or Jessica do, so that's how the whole Brad thing was not a big deal. Effectively, Jessica is left to her own evil devices the entire time, and has free reign. That's also why she wants some caring in her life, like Jack, because she's not getting the affection from her parents. Maybe she has mommy and daddy issues?

Get this: Jessica's parents are gone. Like not around at all. So the ploy about money is that they won't wire to her account. Ms. Locke is actuall her legal guardian, and that's how Jessica knows her so well/has control.

This is possible. Reminds me of Ed, Edd and Eddie (I actually never saw the cartoon, but read a good fanfic here)

I had thought the way Jessica know about Ms. Locke is because they were spending time out of school with each other. I had thought of them as lovers, but your scenario is as believable. Jessica has to be close enough to know details about not only Mrs. Locke's issues but also her medications.

Edited by Joe Long

Get this: Jessica's parents are gone. Like not around at all. So the ploy about money is that they won't wire to her account. Ms. Locke is actuall her legal guardian, and that's how Jessica knows her so well/has control. Ms Locke doesn't care what Ted or Jessica do, so that's how the whole Brad thing was not a big deal.

Granted, that would explain why Ted's physical condition didn't raise a ruckus at home.

Wait a minute... Do you mean their parents are gone-- as in they assumed room temperature and now reside in the basement freezer chest with no one the wiser? (just kidding)

Seriously, I think it is very unlikely that Ms. Locke could be Jessica and Teds' legal guardian. That would require court action and you don't keep something like that a secret. The school administration would have to know and shortly thereafter so would everyone else. I'm still thinking their relationship is based on blackmail.

If Jessica wasn't munching on Ms. Locke, maybe it was one of her minions.

Or one of her ex-minions. Belle is very perceptive and probably has the Joe/Sam business figured out by now.

Edited by Chester57

Jessica's agression towards Jack and Kayla is only part of her master plan. Her temporary niceness is a front allowing her to gain ground. Behind the scenes, with the help of Ms. Locke, and a few other teachers that the prostitution ring has roped in (yes, she's running it), they're build the foundation for their revolution. Jessica has been planting seeds of deceit across the school, and her power, or the power of those under her, is growing. Soon, Jessica will be primed to take action.

It's opening night of Alice in Wonderland. Jessica is ready to strike. During the first intermission, she steps onto the stage, nodding at the crowd. Since its such an important event, the high figures of the school are there. Jessica announces she will now be in charge of the school. They crowd thinks this is ridiculous, but her agents pull the principal onto the stage, kneeling him before Jessica. She strikes him down, and establishs marshal law. She is the leader now.

It's opening night of Alice in Wonderland. Jessica is ready to strike. During the first intermission, she steps onto the stage, nodding at the crowd. Since its such an important event, the high figures of the school are there. Jessica announces she will now be in charge of the school. They crowd thinks this is ridiculous, but her agents pull the principal onto the stage, kneeling him before Jessica. She strikes him down, and establishs marshal law. She is the leader now.

Didn't I see this on Gotham this week? But then the real ring leader plunges a knife into her throat, saving the city so that all will praise him, while preserving his secret identity as the true villain pulling the strings.

Didn't I see this on Gotham this week? But then the real ring leader plunges a knife into her throat, saving the city so that all will praise him, while preserving his secret identity as the true villain pulling the strings.

I like the show, but I haven't seen the new episodes.

I like the show, but I haven't seen the new episodes.

I haven't seen any episodes. Can someone give me a quick synopsis of the series? I understand the first season is on Netflix.

I haven't seen any episodes. Can someone give me a quick synopsis of the series? I understand the first season is on Netflix.

They just started season 2, The show runner and head writer is Bruno Heller previously of 'The Mentalist'

The pilot started with the murder in an alley of Mr. and Mrs. Wayne, witnessed by a 14 year old Celina Kyle. Young Bruce is left an orphan, minded to by the family butler Alfred Pennyworth, who used to serve in Britain's SAS.

Meanwhile, Gotham is overrun by organized crime and a collection of super villains. Oswald Cobblepot, nicknamed 'Penguin' because his first job was to hold Fish Mooney's umbrella and then of his crippled right knee after she beat him with a baseball bat for insubordination. Penguin is a master schemer who plays the crime families off against one another, which are led by Don Falcone and Don Maroni.

Det. James Gordon and his partner Det. Harvey Bullock have to fight not only crime but corruption within the police force and city politics. Gordon promises Bruce Wayne he will do everything to find who murdered his parents, who owned the influential Wayne Enterprises.

Okay. New Crazy Theory: Amanda and sam's relationship is going to collapse and Amanda may try to use Alan as the rebound guy. The handcuffs, which were mentioned in the summer saga, will probably feature into her using (or trying to use) him. Any thoughts as to how that could go? I mean, Jashley wouldn't mention the handcuffs again (still wondering where Amanda got those from) unless it was important.

If that is to happen,i bet she will rebound toward Jack,as before when ever she had some thing to talk,she turned toward Jack for comfort.and may be Jack will have to return a kiss if she wants otherwise she is damaged goods beyond repair and she will develop anger toward her parants as they were the ones with idea to try new relations.might try suicide.so Jack will have to deal with her rebound and he has to hide it from Kyla.Sure she is his Gf but other one is her sister.lets see what he does and how much far he go with amanda to reassure her that she has a worth, that any boy would want her.

i am not suggesting full on sex but he has to be somewhat intimate with her to make her believe in herself again.LOL he can drop the curtain of his room so Kyla wont notice.

Perverted me :P but this seems totally happenable...

Hey everyone! With perpetual lateness, here is the Reality Check:

- Jack's confrontation of Joe and Sam is based on a confrontation I had with a friend of mine when I caught him cheating on his girlfriend. It was not with another guy but it was almost word-for-word the same confrontation.

- The website Belle used to suggest colleges is based on the one I used to find my own college. Which one did I choose? You'll just have to wait ;)

- Think Craig's campaign talk is a little repetitive and annoying? I'm slicing down what I had to deal with with another buddy of mine who wanted to run.

- Jessica approaching Jack is actually a reverse for me: I was the one who approached someone I'd been kind of a dick to and offered friendship. They didn't exactly accept me right away, but gradually warmed up to me.

- I want to make a special note here, especially based on one of the reviews my story got: I don't hate Catcher in the Rye. All of Jack's feelings towards it are how I felt while I was reading it in school. I've since read it again and, even though I still think Holden is spoiled and whiny little brat, I really enjoy it.

- Are the bleachers a little cliché? Absolutely...but the people at my school never got the memo. Seriously, they were doing so much stuff under there, I figured the janitors were getting a little bonus just to have to clean it up.

I'm plowing through the next chapter but it looks like it's going to be a long one. A long one. Like, Chapter 15 long. So I'll try to have it up by next week but I can make no promises. It's an 'event' chapter with two separate long sections. I tried splitting them into two chapters but couldn't find a way to do so naturally, so together they go. I'll try to get it out as fast as I can.

Sidenote: nivek_88 is one chapter away from finishing An Incest Birthday. As someone who was reading it from the first time it came out, I'm sorry to see it end. Granted, I have many issues with the story, but something that has been going for that long certainly deserves recognition. I'll be sorry to see it end and I kind of hope he posts a subsequent story of their future together.

Hope to see you all soon! And don't worry...this series is nowhere near over ;)

- Are the bleachers a little cliché? Absolutely...but the people at my school never got the memo. Seriously, they were doing so much stuff under there, I figured the janitors were getting a little bonus just to have to clean it up.

As I said earlier, it was the same at my school. They were positively anal on the matter. If you so much as accidently dropped something under the bleachers you could kiss it goodbye-- you weren't allowed to retrieve it. The incident that sticks in my mind, however, occurred during my sophomore year. A couple seniors (boy and girl) were caught and got 2-week suspensions. The school hushed it up but my sister (also a senior) knew the girl involved and pointed her out to me-- she was worth the risk!

So after that, the phys-ed instructors started taping up long strips of crepe paper at the ends of the bleachers so it was easy to see if anyone tried to sneak by. Nowadays, I wouldn't doubt that they have motion-sensor alarms under there.

The Catcher in the Rye [spoilers]

I had never read it until it was mentioned here. I earlier in this forum provided a link to an online pdf copy in case anyone else wanted to check it out.

Yes, Holden sounds very whiny, put he is actually very perceptive of the people around him. When I posted the Pink Floyd lyrics "We don't need no education, we don't need no thought control...all in all, we're just another brick in the wall (How can you have your porridge if you haven't eaten your meat?)" it echoed my original reaction to what Holden was seeing of the private schools his upper middle class parents of the 1950's were sending him to.

Every young man was to sit in his spot on the assembly line, being molded into some product that would fit into the great cog of society. Sort of like a 'Stepford Man'. How could one be a grownup if they don't go to their finishing school?

Holden say this as B.S. People were being phonies, because they were willingly presenting themselves as something they were not, in order to fit the image of what others wanted them to be, what they were expected to be. Their own kind of political correctness, where your outside behavior must fit some kind of social norm and narrative, despite your own personal opinions and attitudes.

So Holden refused to give up who he was, and that clashed with the program. He wanted to determine his own destiny, but he had no damn idea what he wanted that to be, so he was depressed. The best he could come up with was disappearing into the countryside, where he could live without anyone observing him and thus judging him.

Page after page, for three days of his life, he drones on about everything he sees in the people around him. The guy just won't shut up! Until he does. I've read all the Cliff Notes and whatever there is these days, but no one I've seen has analyzed the ending the way I have. The first sentences of the first chapter establish that the story is being told as a flashback, from a place in Los Angeles near his brother, to events of a year before. Then at the end, after rambling on about endless details, the last being how happy he was to watch his sister reach for the brass ring on the merry-go-round, he just stops, saying he doesn't want to talk about it anymore, just that he went home, got sick, and ended up in the asylum where he's being interviewed by a psychiatrist. At the end he claims he doesn't want to talk anymore, that he regrets telling the story, because it makes him miss people, even the people he didn't like - but I say it makes him miss his sister.

In his narrative, Holden had gotten to the point where he explained his thesis, that children should be free to explore the world and chase their own dreams, as illustrated by his sister Phoebe reaching out, perhaps riskily, for the ring. I think Phoebe did reach out and grab for the ring, but she failed - and fell, and possibly was killed. That's what caused Holden to 'get sick' and need to be institutionalized. Why he didn't want to talk anymore. Why he missed people. He would never see his beloved little sister again, just as his little brother had been taken from him before. The ideas that he advocated took his sister away from him. The system had been so cruel to punish him in that way.

So, do I get an 'A'?

Edited by Joe Long

I might be wrong but when the big fight with Brad didn't he say that he knew joe like him front of everyone I thought everyone knew this by now might be wrong

He did call him a fag(or faggot)... Something like "real subtle, fag!" I guess people just forgot about it? I guess? I mean, I feel like Belle has to know, and Jack and Kayla do, but beyond that, I don't know. That's a good point.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.