Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

No, it's Becca's. Most definitely. I'm pretty pissed at her character in general right now. She assumes that no one else has emotinal problems and that the world revolves around her and Craig. What had Craig done to help Jack? Back him up when Belle told them about Jack's mistake. That was only in part. Jack was the one who gave Craig a chance in the first place. If he and Kayla hadn't interrupted Becca and Craig's original conversation, I don't think Craig would have turned out the same. I think he might have shafted Becca. Remebmer that conversation they had at the club? Yeah, Craig might have gone through with his plan.

This is a link chain, so bare with me. If Jack and Craig hadn't reconciled then, they still might have been enemies by Christmas, therefore not hanging out, which means that Tara doesn't get rejected by Carson, meaning Jack never gropes Tara, never leading him on the run that Walburn killed himself on. Thus not hurting Craig in the first place! That was why Becca was upset. How was it Jack's fault? Craig was not gauging Jack's emotions at all. The conversation probably brought Craig down to Earth. Granted, maybe not in the best way, but honestly, what did you expect? Jack is not culpable. Sure, he said some shit. He should have probably apologized, but what, within a span of 6 hours? Most people don't cool down that fast. Becca's being a stupid shit who thinks she can get away with beating up Jack. There's no high ground to take. Physical assault is never ok in any relationship, friendship or whatever. Not only that, but premeditation. Jack could file assault and battery charges. I'm serious. Becca knows Jack won't fight back. That's shit. Don't put any blame on Jack for getting hit. That's legitimate abuse. I dare anyone to counter me on the fact that a punch was warranted. That's like saying "it was the way he was dressed."

I really hope that Kayla does what's necessary.

Well said. As has been noted before, Becca sees Craig as her ticket to a better life after high school. She's acting like an over-protective wife already. I'm looking forward to the cat-fight with Kayla.

One good thing will come out of this-- the situation at home will get better for Jack once his parents see his bruised face.

Well said. As has been noted before, Becca sees Craig as her ticket to a better life after high school. She's acting like an over-protective wife already. I'm looking forward to the cat-fight with Kayla.

Yes. Craig lives in the $800k, 4000 sq ft house on an acre lot on a cul-de-sac, while Becca's in that one floor old farm house stuck between the subdivisions that just hasn't been developed yet.

Guest Rendersen26

Yes. Craig lives in the $800k, 4000 sq ft house on an acre lot on a cul-de-sac, while Becca's in that one floor old farm house stuck between the subdivisions that just hasn't been developed yet.

Huh, hadn't thought about that. It certainly seems plausible that Becca views Craig as a sort of golden goose for her so she's willing to protect it at all costs. Jack, on the other hand, really, really needs to lay down for a while. Just let nature take its course and run its way through. He should learn from the previous saga that intervening in all this drama would often do more harm than good. Besides, the last thing he needs is Amanda turning against him for not telling her earlier. However, Jack, so blinded by his loyalty to his old friend that he was willing to let it slide. Nice job, kid. Bravo. Can't really see this blowing up in your face...oh wait. This sounds like an awesome time for another Dr. Fitzsimmons therapy session...Forget about his job, he can just make his fortune tending to every single one of Jack's fuck ups!

Huh, hadn't thought about that. It certainly seems plausible that Becca views Craig as a sort of golden goose for her so she's willing to protect it at all costs. Jack, on the other hand, really, really needs to lay down for a while. Just let nature take its course and run its way through. He should learn from the previous saga that intervening in all this drama would often do more harm than good. Besides, the last thing he needs is Amanda turning against him for not telling her earlier. However, Jack, so blinded by his loyalty to his old friend that he was willing to let it slide. Nice job, kid. Bravo. Can't really see this blowing up in your face...oh wait. This sounds like an awesome time for another Dr. Fitzsimmons therapy session...Forget about his job, he can just make his fortune tending to every single one of Jack's fuck ups!

Welcome to the SITO forum, sir. I agree that Jack needs to lay low for a while-- ain't going to happen, though. One of my favourite proverbs is: To do nothing is often the best course of action.

Guest Rendersen26

Welcome to the SITO forum, sir. I agree that Jack needs to lay low for a while-- ain't going to happen, though. One of my favourite proverbs is: To do nothing is often the best course of action.

Glad to be here, Chester57. My wife and I have been following this story since day one and have been hooked ever since. Joe is obviously a very talented writer and we look forward to more from him. Whatever action Jack takes, it's probably for the best. I'm also a bit of an amateur writer myself, mainly poems and short stories. Don't have much time to yourself when you're a graduate student!

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates (again) but I've been working like crazy. My wife and I are planning to take a trip to visit the Midwest at the end of December so I've been working extra to save money. Hasn't stopped progress on the story but I am sorry that the updates here have been lacking. Hasn't stopped me from reading all of your posts and theories. Always a treat!

Anyway, onto the Reality Check for the past two chapters:

- Jack's voyeuristic streak is somewhat of a personal confession. I haven't experienced it the way he has but I am self-aware enough to know that I probably would have reacted the same way were I in the same situation. It was difficult writing about it but it has introduced new dynamics for the character.

- The prom night (sans the sex parts) is almost exactly like how my Junior prom was.

- Jack dancing with Rhona is based off of something I did with a high school coworker of mine at my last job (she was 17, I was 22 so there was no funny business). She'd been unable to attend prom so I gave her a short dance to the music over the PA system. Wasn't great music but it was something, at least.

- What happened at Craig's party is a combination of something that actually happened at a Halloween party I attended and something that happened with a couple of guys I knew (their reactions were identical to Joe and Sam's)

- Likewise, Jack's fears of how the school would react once they heard all about it were very similar to my own.

- The way Jack described Catcher in the Rye was exactly how I described it to my English teacher after we were done reading it. My feelings on it have changed since then. My teacher was delighted with my response.

- I had a blowup like Jack's when I finally had enough of my campaign buddy's obsession. It may have been almost word-for-word, come to think of it.

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping warm. I know the winter is coming on fast (Winter is Coming) so hope you're all bundled up and ready for the holidays. I'm going to endeavor to get the next chapter out before Thanksgiving.

See you all soon! :)

On a more sober note, please send your best thoughts and prayers to the people of France. I don't know if I have any French readers but I have had a couple of friends in France (they are safe) but let's come together just for a little bit and keep them in our thoughts. <3

Just throwing this out there after not reading past a page back, what is the possibility that Craig called the police? "It's not a party until the cops show up" And I see Craig being shortsighted enough to forget the alcohol and genuinely be surprised when Jack calls him.

I mean, he's been talking up the party so much with his campaign that he'd do /anything/ to make people know him from it.

Just throwing this out there after not reading past a page back, what is the possibility that Craig called the police? "It's not a party until the cops show up" And I see Craig being shortsighted enough to forget the alcohol and genuinely be surprised when Jack calls him.

Craig may have been a douche at one time, but he's not stupid or suicidal. Think what would have happened if Jack hadn't tipped him off. Numerous arrests for alcohol-- not to mention Craig's parents facing charges. Thanks to Jack, Craig was able to ditch the booze and then take full advantage of the situation. I know it doesn't sound very dramatic but it was a neighbour who called the cops.

Don't you mean homecoming? I don't think prom has happened yet. (Unless we're in the future, then oh shit.)

Can someone educate me on this? Okay, Brow Ridge is a four-year high school (mine was three-year). Do Juniors and Seniors each have their own prom? We had Senior prom, period.

Can someone educate me on this? Okay, Brow Ridge is a four-year high school (mine was three-year). Do Juniors and Seniors each have their own prom? We had Senior prom, period.

I didn't go to my prom, and that was a LONG time ago.

So I went to Google, and despite the size of the student body at Brow Ridge, it appears that they had a Junior/Senior prom, as reported in the local paper around the time our author was a senior.

"...while the mostly seniors and juniors danced the night away." Two juniors were elected prom princess and prince while two seniors were queen and king.

I'd reckon that if one was not yet a junior, they'd need a date who was a junior or senior in order to attend.

Edited by Joe Long

Hey everyone!

I'm going to endeavor to get the next chapter out before Thanksgiving.

See you all soon! :)

Hey Joe,

Are we going to be treated to another Thanksgiving feast at the Harrisons? I hope so, that will be an interesting get-together! Jack will sit between Kayla and Tara for protection while everyone fawns over him asking to hear the story again and when is he getting his stitches out. [Didn't you always hate that about Thanksgiving-- getting the 3rd degree from your relatives?] Alan and Amanda will sit side-by-side, staring death at Hannah and Mike throughout the meal. I'm thinking that they will get back together in order to spite their folks.

Hey Joe,

Are we going to be treated to another Thanksgiving feast at the Harrisons? I hope so, that will be an interesting get-together! Jack will sit between Kayla and Tara for protection while everyone fawns over him asking to hear the story again and when is he getting his stitches out. [Didn't you always hate that about Thanksgiving-- getting the 3rd degree from your relatives?] Alan and Amanda will sit side-by-side, staring death at Hannah and Mike throughout the meal. I'm thinking that they will get back together in order to spite their folks.

That's a thought. I don't know about the "third degree relatives" thing. We've only ever meet Hannah's sister. No other aunts or uncles or grandparents. So what people would be asking about it? It sure would be interesting if some showed up though...

As for the twins, NO! No, no, no. I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again. I don't care what anyone else says. I hated their relationship. I hate it. I think it's a hot, steaming pile. It was dumb, and only negatively affected everyone involved. It'll go to shit, and they'll turn to Jack. Twins saga 2.0? Yeah, no thank you. Not a fan. (Or a heater) And if you're wondering what my problem with it is, let me get back to you if you want to know. It's not the incest, I'm fine with that.

I'm still waiting for the Kayla-Becca showdown. (If anyone's wondering about that one, see my previous posts.) I'd love to see some justice, as reparations don't seem to be coming anytime in the foreseeable future. Jack is still assigning too much blame to himself, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by thismy

I really don't see that much of a problem with the whole Alan-Amanda relationship. I felt that they had a more affectionate relationship with each other because of their close upbringing, up until Mike broke it up, of course. Even if they do get back together though, I don't it's the right time to do so at the moment. I really, really hope Belle comes to her senses and rejoins the group. Worst comes to worst, maybe she'll get back with Jessica?

Or just move.

She did that before, for the summer vacation.

She can do it permanently

As for the twins, NO! No, no, no. I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again. I don't care what anyone else says. I hated their relationship. I hate it. I think it's a hot, steaming pile. It was dumb, and only negatively affected everyone involved. It'll go to shit, and they'll turn to Jack. Twins saga 2.0? Yeah, no thank you. Not a fan. (Or a heater) And if you're wondering what my problem with it is, let me get back to you if you want to know. It's not the incest, I'm fine with that.

Alan: "This is your fault" and "You told us not to be together! You made us not to be together! I would have never done this to her!"

Amanda: "Your fault!" and "You made me stop with Alan! You made me look for someone else! Alan would never have done this to me!"

As you can see, virtually identical outbursts at their parents-- this is why I thought they might get back together. However, you are probably right in thinking that it won't happen. Alan has Kelly and probably doesn't want to give her up. I don't know what will happen with Amanda. No doubt there are plenty of guys at school who want to date her but at this point she probably wouldn't trust anyone but Alan. Just have to wait and see...

Edited by Chester57

I don't know what will happen with Amanda. No doubt there are plenty of guys at school who want to date her but at this point she probably wouldn't trust anyone but Alan. Just have to wait and see...

I've mentioned it before, and I still think there's a fair chance Amanda could switch teams, giving up on boys.

Several years ago when one of my nieces was 12 she got into a relationship with her uncle. Not blood, her mother's sister's husband. I admit she was attractive - not bad face with a great set of tits for any age, let alone 12 - but that any guy 15 or older should (especially a 30 year old married guy) should be staying away from. Apparently he told her he'd dump her aunt and take her away among other B.S. Anyway, as you probably figured out, he got caught and spent a year in the county lockup. For the next few years of junior high and high school she bounced around, giving away sex to guys, never finding one who truly loved her (because of course they'd lineup for the freely offered sex without giving a shit about her.)

Well, now it's more than a decade later, and she's married to a woman, one she'd lived with for several years. Gave up on guys around 16 or 17.

I've mentioned it before, and I still think there's a fair chance Amanda could switch teams, giving up on boys.

Several years ago when one of my nieces was 12 she got into a relationship with her uncle. Not blood, her mother's sister's husband. I admit she was attractive - not bad face with a great set of tits for any age, let alone 12 - but that any guy 15 or older should (especially a 30 year old married guy) should be staying away from. Apparently he told her he'd dump her aunt and take her away among other B.S. Anyway, as you probably figured out, he got caught and spent a year in the county lockup. For the next few years of junior high and high school she bounced around, giving away sex to guys, never finding one who truly loved her (because of course they'd lineup for the freely offered sex without giving a shit about her.)

Well, now it's more than a decade later, and she's married to a woman, one she'd lived with for several years. Gave up on guys around 16 or 17.

Well, I can certainly understand why your niece would give up on men after being taken advantage of and treated so terribly. Let us hope that she is happier these days and that her so-called "uncle" gets grief about it for the rest of his life.

But I don't think that will be the path that Amanda takes. She has a family that loves and supports her. I think that when she calms down she will realize that it was Sam's fault, not hers. [Where is Fitzsimmons when you need him?]

On the other hand-- if you are right and Amanda does go with a girl, it will be Helena. Hers is the one friendship that Amanda was worried about losing. That would be poetic revenge, wouldn't it? Sam cheats on Amanda and she takes his sister as her lover.

Edited by Chester57

On the other hand-- if you are right and Amanda does go with a girl, it will be Helena. Hers is the one friendship that Amanda was worried about losing. That would be poetic revenge, wouldn't it? Sam cheats on Amanda and she takes his sister as her lover.

I could see that. It has the added advantage of being able to spite her parents. "You won't let me be with Alan? Then I'll be with a GIRL!" Helena can sit at the Thanksgiving table.

I could see that. It has the added advantage of being able to spite her parents. "You won't let me be with Alan? Then I'll be with a GIRL!" Helena can sit at the Thanksgiving table.

Now THAT would be CLASSIC!

Guest KWAFstormer

Jeez its been a year since I've visited this story area and forum...i really have a lot of catching up to do. Life just caught up with me and I just didn't check the story. The last one I read was Ch 21!! Jeez so so much has happened. I'm so happy to see Joe is still making his stories. You rock man

Chapter 44 is up!

So glad I was able to get this out in time for Thanksgiving. I was a little worried towards the end that I might need to redo a particular section but everything came together very nicely.

Not a long message since I'm posting this just after getting off night shift so I'm headed to bed. Hope everyone enjoys and hope you're all doing well. See you again soon! :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.