Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Hey guys! Hope Christmas shopping hasn't driven you crazy yet!

Chapter 45 should be out either Sunday morning or Monday morning. Depends how much I can get done but, as always, I'm shooting for as early as possible. Hope you're all doing well and I'll see you soon :)

Haven't even started. I have to wait till next week when I get my year-end bonus and can pay cash. Learned a long time ago that the road to Hell is paved with Christmas credit card debt.

Jack's conversation with Rhona once again brought up a so-called "catalogue" of prostitutes. That could be the only actual evidence that the ring exists. It wouldn't be on social media but rather on the pimp's smart phone or tablet-- easily deleted or explained away as just a collection of student pics. Jack's only lead on the catalogue is Matt, who has actually seen it. But even if Matt confirms the existence of the ring, Jack won't think it's his business-- yet.

So who's the pimp at Brow Ridge High? I'm going to say it's Evan Daniels and his pals. Jack better patch it up with Joe pretty soon as he's going to need a few friends. I'm starting to form a vague theory about that pipe bomb.

Edited by Chester57

Haven't even started. I have to wait till next week when I get my year-end bonus and can pay cash. Learned a long time ago that the road to Hell is paved with Christmas credit card debt.

Jack's conversation with Rhona once again brought up a so-called "catalogue" of prostitutes. That could be the only actual evidence that the ring exists. It wouldn't be on social media but rather on the pimp's smart phone or tablet-- easily deleted or explained away as just a collection of student pics. Jack's only lead on the catalogue is Matt, who has actually seen it. But even if Matt confirms the existence of the ring, Jack won't think it's his business-- yet.

So who's the pimp at Brow Ridge High? I'm going to say it's Evan Daniels and his pals. Jack better patch it up with Joe pretty soon as he's going to need a few friends. I'm starting to form a vague theory about that pipe bomb.

I like the theory, however, I've got two main problems with it. First is Rhona. As much as she could be involved, I'm inclined to say that if Jack got in on the mix, she'd back off. I think Rhona truly likes Jack, and really sees him as a friend. She admits in passing that he's very close to her, but brushes it off Rhona-style. I don't think she's fooling anyone. Would she risk some cash over Jack? I think not. Even if she's not involved, which is what your theory pertains to, I think if Jack told her about who he thinks is in on it (which he probably will) she'll give Evan a talking to. If Evan threatens Jack, she'll probably throw down. Also (second), I think someone mentioned something about Evan being weird and not being "on the scene." Does he have the capital to be a pimp?

However, it could be him, I like the wildcard. I've put a lot of thought into the pipe bomb as well, along with the water torture. They could come in here. (Maybe I'll do a write up of my idea of a scene.)

It'll be interesting to see how Jack gets involved. What stake will he have with the ring. Who will pull him in? In what way can things go to shit next?

So, since I live in the UK I didn't really know what Ranch was like, but I tracked some of it down today and holy fuck, those chapters make so much more sense now lol

Growing up I hated salads because I never liked any of the dressing (French, Italian, Russian, Thousand Island, etc). When I was in my mid 20's I went to the cafeteria at work and the lady offered me a salad. I turned it down and explained my dislike of dressings, to which she replied, "Try this" and gave me some ranch. I was hooked. 30 years later it's still the only dressing I like. I've never used it on pizza, but my daughter has and says it's great.

I've done no shopping, but on Thanksgiving my wife presented me with the budget and I nearly croaked. I got her the money, then saw which utility payments I could skip. Then she told me she wanted a laptop. At least they cost a lot less than they did a couple of years ago.

I don't think she's fooling anyone. Would she risk some cash over Jack? I think not. Even if she's not involved, which is what your theory pertains to, I think if Jack told her about who he thinks is in on it (which he probably will) she'll give Evan a talking to. If Evan threatens Jack, she'll probably throw down. Also (second), I think someone mentioned something about Evan being weird and not being "on the scene." Does he have the capital to be a pimp?

I seriously doubt Rhona is turning any tricks now, but she may have in the past, while she was in school, and could now be a mid-level supervisor, explaining why she's been hanging around the high school.

Guest Chester57

Then she told me she wanted a laptop. At least they cost a lot less than they did a couple of years ago.

Thank the Good Lord for that! Yeah, my laptop died about a month ago and I might get a new one from my sister and brother-in-law. If not, I'll check out the after-Christmas sales.

Guest Chester57

I seriously doubt Rhona is turning any tricks now, but she may have in the past, while she was in school, and could now be a mid-level supervisor, explaining why she's been hanging around the high school.

This is what I'm thinking. Evan and his merry men are the pimp/handlers who talent-scout the girls and funnel the money to Rhona. She takes their cut and sends the majority of the proceeds on to the ringleader. Who this person is, I have no idea-- wait!-- Paul?? He's the only one we know of who dated Rhona, so maybe their relationship now is strictly monetary. [ I know it's crazy-- so shoot me.] :dualpistols:

So, I'm starting to become Jack in a way. Not going into too much detail but my friend is going through a really tough time emotionally and I have spent the entire night trying my best to get to the cause of it and find a solution and its driving me mad that he doesn't feel he can trust anyone enough to talk to them and I really need to help him. And now I've got a headache again. Why is helping people so hard?

Edited by that-one-guy

Hey everyone! Chapter 45 is up! :D

End of one saga, the beginning of another. I was going to let this one close out the year, but we've still got the better part of a month to go and, frankly, the end of the next chapter is, to me at least, a better close for the year than this one, even if it is only the first chapter of the next saga. So there you go. I'm gonna be working on it super hard to get it out before Christmas, especially since the wife and I will be going out-of-town the day after Christmas for a week. Don't want to leave you guys hanging!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new chapter and I'll be back with the Reality Check and the name of the next saga soon. See you then! :)

That did escalate rather quickly. We got the Becca/Kayla fight, although not what we were expecting. As for the end of the chapter, question: Did Kayla ever use any birth control? Skimmed through the sex scenes and cannot remember if there was any mention of her using birth control. We all know that Jack didn't use a condom, so, more drama for the next saga?

This is what I'm thinking. Evan and his merry men are the pimp/handlers who talent-scout the girls and funnel the money to Rhona. She takes their cut and sends the majority of the proceeds on to the ringleader. Who this person is, I have no idea-- wait!-- Paul?? He's the only one we know of who dated Rhona, so maybe their relationship now is strictly monetary. [ I know it's crazy-- so shoot me.] :dualpistols:

Keep it simple! Doesn't require a big conspiracy/criminal enterprise.

Rhona has complained about lack of money keeping her from having her own place, as opposed to living at her parent's or her brother's places. Rent, even for a 1-bedroom, in the affluent suburbs of a major metropolitan center in the northeast corridor would liekly take at least 2/3 of what she's making at Game Stop.

So I'm thinking she got into the business in college, and now she's a mid level manager. She does really like Jack, and now that she knows that he knows it exists, she's trying to put a happy face on it. "It's OK if no one was forced to do it!" for when he eventually finds out she is involved.

See? That's simple and easy to believe, and it only involves Rhona.

BTW, why is she still working at Game Stop? She's 23(?) and has been graduated from college for at least 6 months. Did she major in Art History? Women's Studies? Although I know a young lady who's that age and just out of college, and still waiting tables. Very smart, but doesn't have a career yet.

Right when I leave for work... No Monday Night Football again.

This week Sunday Night Football was all that mattered

That did escalate rather quickly. We got the Becca/Kayla fight, although not what we were expecting. As for the end of the chapter, question: Did Kayla ever use any birth control? Skimmed through the sex scenes and cannot remember if there was any mention of her using birth control. We all know that Jack didn't use a condom, so, more drama for the next saga?

Think it was mentioned before their first time, and I seem to half remember a short chat about it between Jack and Kayla's mom.

Think it was mentioned before their first time, and I seem to half remember a short chat about it between Jack and Kayla's mom.

Correct. Mary Hannigan took Kayla to the doctor to get her on birth control. The conversation between Jack and Mary was the day after the Homecoming fight-- Chapter 9, I think. Jack swore to Mary that he would stand by Kayla if she got pregnant. What a guy!

Now excuse me, I gotta go read Chapter 45.

One of the more interesting cliff hangers. Not to discredit any of the others, but this one was different from the usually. It was a nice change up. I'm still expecting Mr. or Mrs. Hannigan to bust in on one of there sessions. If not them, then someone at least.

Do I think Jack will pull out in time? Yeah.

He seems to do that a lot in sex. Zone out. A little worrisome if you ask me. Why is Kayla not on the pill? Why didn't she tell Jack earlier? (it's the heat of the moment) These are all things that will have me thinking for days. I highly doubt that Kayla will get pregnant, but we may see a scare. (Late period, ext.) And man, that stuff is dangerous. Even pulling out still leaves a high risk.

Looks like some of us got some of what we asked for. I liked to see Jack thinking about asking Kayla about her past. It was fun to see her get friends from work. Can't wait to see more of them. She and Becca did face off. Jack did go confront Joe. There was some decently serious stuff that went down.

It was interesting end to the fracture saga, seems like many of the problems will carry over. I'm still looking for any one of the many foreshadowed events. (We seem to have got past a lot.) They may not come for a while.

I don't get the ending. Like thismy said, I was so much more expecting Kayla's parents to walk in on them, especially how the bed was banging the wall and Kayla was screaming "Wow! I think someone’s" Unless she was lying, saying the one thing that would get Jack out of her the quickest.

But it didn't make sense because Jack's been banging her for like 15 months. I'd have to go check the SITO Wiki to see how many times he came in her before, but I have to think it's often. Wasn't she already on the pill? If so, why not now?

And, Kayla has been really bitchy lately, lashing out at all the other girls who any her. Either she was seriously PMSing, or I was wondering if she was already late and not having shared that yet was aggravating her.

Hey everyone! For those of you curious about the ending of the last chapter...don't worry. It will be explained in the next chapter. Trust me, I wouldn't overlook something like that ;)

I can definitely see Rhona becoming a problem of sorts. There's no way she would have just offered Jack something like that for shits and giggles.

Oh Rhona is really hot for Jack, and she is testing him, but Kayla's in such a mood lately she'll beet Rhona into a bloody stump.

I used to do sort of that thing when I was in college - if I asked a girl out but she said she already had a boyfriend, and if she seemed worth the wait, I'd hang out in the friendzone, occasionally being flirty or suggestive as a test.

There was this one girl Janine who was in a small class of mine, maybe 10 or 12 in a workshop setting, and she had the table right next to mine. Drop dead gorgeous and we hit it off. After a short while I asked her out but got the , "Thanks, but I already have a boyfriend." We were going to be together inc lass for the rest of the semester, so I kept on being nice and sometimes flirty.

The last day, when everyone was packing up to go home for the summer, I went down to her dorm room (she'd given me the address) to give my best wishes. When it was time to go I hesitated, then asked "Could I have a kiss?" When she said no, I followed up with, "Well then, I guess sex is out of the question!"

It got a good laugh from her and we parted amicably. I thought I spotted her in the stands at a football game that September, but I was with the woman who would later be my wife. Other than that, never saw her again.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.