Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Hey guys! So sorry about being silent for so long. Having some issues with the employment situation so I'm dealing with that but I promise I am working as fast as possible on the chapter. Closing in on the end of the chapter and I'll have the Reality Check out within the next day or so. Sorry again!

Hey guys! So sorry about being silent for so long. Having some issues with the employment situation so I'm dealing with that but I promise I am working as fast as possible on the chapter. Closing in on the end of the chapter and I'll have the Reality Check out within the next day or so. Sorry again!

Don't worry about it. As always, take your time-- we're a patient lot. :)

I know the pain, had to print out copies of my CV (résumé) today so I can hand them out tomorrow haha

Hey Joe, did you see my reply to your PM? You can respond privately.

Hope everything goes well with your work. My company's going through some reorganization after mergers. Our office is doing well, but the bean counters they brought in want to slot everyone into the boxes on their templates.

So finally, after the wait that was much longer than it needed to be, here is the Reality Check:

- Though completely accidental, I've been clobbered more than once by my wife, leading to awkward explanations for how I got dinged up.

- The section of the book that Jack 'analyzed' for his English class is the same interpretation that I gave when we read the book in high school.

- Jack's Gourmet Foods class is identical to my last Gourmet Foods class before Christmas Break the year I took it.

- Jack listening in on the couple in the bathroom is something that also happened to me, though I was able to turn and leave a lot quicker than Jack was.

- My wife makes the same kind of sandwich Kayla made for Jack. They're AMAZING.

- The Christmas day was very similar to other Christmas days I've experienced. They pretty much always will be; kind of picked-and-chosen of the best bits from multiples Christmases.

I'm so sorry about the long wait on the next chapter but I am closing in on the end and I'm gonna try to get it out as soon as possible. Sorry that real life kind of barges in to slow it down so I'm really hoping that it will be worth the wait.

I hope everyone's doing well and I'll hopefully be back soon with good news.

I broke my wrist today, among other things.

I'm still thinking that we're going to see someone else dealing the ring. I don't believe that Jessica and Rhona are involved, or at least not heavily. Belle could be involved, and it'd be interesting to see who she was talking to.

(Some deep corner of me maybe wants to see Belle in action.)

Hope you're on the mend... How did that happen, by the way?

Been thinking about your theory that someone other than Jessica or Rhona could be running the ring. Well, here's a slim possibility-- we know of one other person who is an alpha female with a group of followers. That would be Helena. As stated before, I firmly believe that the girls involved are students since bringing outsiders into the high school would be far too risky.

So far, Jack has spied on four different girls and heard them speak: the one with Matt under the bleachers, the two at the Homecoming dance and the girl in the restroom. He didn't recognize any of them which leads me to believe that none of the girls were in his class (juniors). Helena and her group are sophomores so Jack wouldn't know them.

I don't know how Belle would fit into this scenario but Shannon just might. Also, since Amanda and Helena are close then Jack would definitely consider it his business.

Hope you're on the mend... How did that happen, by the way?

Been thinking about your theory that someone other than Jessica or Rhona could be running the ring. Well, here's a slim possibility-- we know of one other person who is an alpha female with a group of followers. That would be Helena. As stated before, I firmly believe that the girls involved are students since bringing outsiders into the high school would be far too risky.

So far, Jack has spied on four different girls and heard them speak: the one with Matt under the bleachers, the two at the Homecoming dance and the girl in the restroom. He didn't recognize any of them which leads me to believe that none of the girls were in his class (juniors). Helena and her group are sophomores so Jack wouldn't know them.

I don't know how Belle would fit into this scenario but Shannon just might. Also, since Amanda and Helena are close then Jack would definitely consider it his business.

I've only got about three weeks in my cast, so I'm on my way, thank you. - And I fell. It was pretty stupid, I was running and I tripped and that was that. Put my hand out, when I should have just turned my shoulder.

In response to your first point, I'm somewhat inclined to agree. That's a pretty plausible theory, and Amanda possibly getting involved (though I don't see it) makes it much more personal for Jack, as you mentioned.

However, I'm fairly certain that Helena is older than Jack. Amanda is a sophomore, but I think Helena is a senior. Older girls may be more developed, and more willing to put themselves out there.

Shannon is still a pretty ambiguous or mysterious character, but from what I've drawn, she's a huge tease and nothing more. And she seems to have some aversion to relationships at least, and maybe she just flaunts her sexuality in a teasing manner as a cover/coping mechanism. (Not a whole lot of info on her, so I don't even know if that's a fair assessment. )

How I see it: a girl close (or formally close, in the case of Belle) to Jack gets involved on way or another, and Jack can't help it and tries to help them.

I still think it would be dangerous for girls to turn tricks in their own school, which would make it quite possible for them to be sitting in class with their paying customers. Too hard to keep a secret...and it was mentioned, I think at the football field, about picking from the catalogue.

So I lean towards the girls not being students at Brow Ridge, but they could be going to another school nearby, or be recent graduates of some other school (18 or 19 and look young enough). Brow Ridge is big enough that as long as someone looks like they belong there no one is going to question them in a crowd. A teacher or administrator may know quite a few kids by sight, but there's many more they don't know, so as long as a person doesn't stick out they can blend in.

Also, hiring anyone under 18 for prostitution can, if caught, can bring charges of human trafficking.

Edited by Joe Long

I've only got about three weeks in my cast, so I'm on my way, thank you. - And I fell. It was pretty stupid, I was running and I tripped and that was that. Put my hand out, when I should have just turned my shoulder.

Sorry to hear that, but trust me-- you'd feel ten times worse with a shoulder separation. Don't ever fall or roll on your shoulder if you can at all avoid it (ask me how I know). Football players wearing state-of-the-art padding get shoulder separations often enough. Breaking a fall with your forearms and hands is preferable, but you were simply unlucky.

I still think it would be dangerous for girls to turn tricks in their own school, which would make it quite possible for them to be sitting in class with their paying customers. Too hard to keep a secret...and it was mentioned, I think at the football field, about picking from the catalogue.

So I lean towards the girls not being students at Brow Ridge, but they could be going to another school nearby, or be recent graduates of some other school (18 or 19 and look young enough). Brow Ridge is big enough that as long as someone looks like they belong there no one is going to question someone in a crowd. A teacher or administrator may know quite a few kids by sight, but there's many more they don't know, so as long as someone doesn't stick out they can blend in.

Also, hiring anyone under 18 for prostitution can, if caught, can bring charges of human trafficking.

Reasonable again, but I've been wondering how pay-as-you-go sex has been kept from becoming the talk of Brow Ridge High. Maybe this--

Let's assume that Evan and his cohorts are the on-site pimp/handlers. They not only recruit the girls but the johns as well. They only approach guys they know personally-- guys who can pay and also keep their mouths shut, sort of like a fraternity. When showing them the catalogue (on tablet) Evan makes it clear that if they talk about it, they're out. Being a member of an exclusive sex club would be a powerful incentive to stay silent.

So sorry about the wait on this one but the employment situation is being worked out and the next chapter should be up in the next day or so :) Sorry again, guys. I feel really bad

So sorry about the wait on this one but the employment situation is being worked out and the next chapter should be up in the next day or so :) Sorry again, guys. I feel really bad

Hope your employment situation continues to go well. Once again, don't feel bad, we understand. It's perfectly acceptable. Don't feel like you're under any pressure from us. Do what you need to do, but don't apologize to us. You definitely do not need to.

In response to your first point, I'm somewhat inclined to agree. That's a pretty plausible theory, and Amanda possibly getting involved (though I don't see it) makes it much more personal for Jack, as you mentioned.

I feel that something is going to happen with Amanda. Her self-esteem is at rock-bottom. Her boyfriend dumped her for a guy and she can't go back to Alan because he has a girlfriend now. Remember the comment by that-one-guy raising the possibility that Amanda has been watching from her bedroom window at Jack and Kayla having sex? If true, that's got to be driving her crazy. Something will break soon with Amanda and it will mean more heartache for the rest of her family.

I feel that something is going to happen with Amanda. Her self-esteem is at rock-bottom. Her boyfriend dumped her for a guy and she can't go back to Alan because he has a girlfriend now. Remember the comment by that-one-guy raising the possibility that Amanda has been watching from her bedroom window at Jack and Kayla having sex? If true, that's got to be driving her crazy. Something will break soon with Amanda and it will mean more heartache for the rest of her family.

I doubt Alan having a girlfriend would stop her. Jack having Kayla didn't stop her then. I'm not saying i want it to happen or not to happen, just positing something that could happen. Alternative for reckon: hypothesis. As for the whole Joe issue, part of me wants to know what happened to Sam. We got hints that no-one has really seen him around too much. As for Belle, she could be a part of the ring, or maybe she's not. We may get some answers in the next chapter. As for heartache in the family, there will also be a lot of screaming and yelling, mostly from the father. One last thing: maybe it's just me, but i noticed that the siblings inherited some of their father's anger-issues (again, just going off what i remember)?

Reasonable again, but I've been wondering how pay-as-you-go sex has been kept from becoming the talk of Brow Ridge High. Maybe this--

Let's assume that Evan and his cohorts are the on-site pimp/handlers. They not only recruit the girls but the johns as well. They only approach guys they know personally-- guys who can pay and also keep their mouths shut, sort of like a fraternity. When showing them the catalogue (on tablet) Evan makes it clear that if they talk about it, they're out. Being a member of an exclusive sex club would be a powerful incentive to stay silent.

Good thinking, a high school gentleman's club.

But...guys have to have enough money to belong, but then also not getting any (or enough) the traditional way. I may have qualified. Money would have been tight, but I was a shy nerd who was too afraid of scaring off a girl to even ask them out.

Hey, real life has priority over us.

I was thinking again of what it might take to start a subscription site for 'amateur' authors to publish and get some money in return. I mentioned it last year at the blue site, and it was pointed out many readers wouldn't want their credit card associated with an erotic site. I understand that, but was thinking with ALL the people looking to get published and not everyone can get on Amazon, that a site could host stories of all kinds, with erotic being a tag used by some stories.

I was thinking 1 or 2 cents to read a thousand words (that would be $10-$20 over 1.5 years to read all of She Is The One) with the site keeping 10% and the author 90%. Low cost to the reader, but with lots of readers of a hot story, could be quite profitable for some authors, and give them a chance to go mainstream.

I doubt Alan having a girlfriend would stop her. Jack having Kayla didn't stop her then. I'm not saying i want it to happen or not to happen, just positing something that could happen. Alternative for reckon: hypothesis. As for the whole Joe issue, part of me wants to know what happened to Sam. We got hints that no-one has really seen him around too much. As for Belle, she could be a part of the ring, or maybe she's not. We may get some answers in the next chapter. As for heartache in the family, there will also be a lot of screaming and yelling, mostly from the father. One last thing: maybe it's just me, but i noticed that the siblings inherited some of their father's anger-issues (again, just going off what i remember)?

Well, something could be Amanda jumping Alan, like she tied up Jack and gave him a BJ the year before - except now she's much more likely to be caught. Or Amanda being with a girl, like Helena maybe, and Mr. and Mrs. Harrison trying to deal with that.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.