Click Here!

character world

When I think angelic weapons, I always think "on fire" thanks to the story of genesis. As for armour I'm not sure, I tend to think of them as not wearing or not needing armour and I'm particularly fond of some of the older descriptions, when they have six wings, one pair to cover their bodies, one pair to cover their faces, another left to fly. I'm not particularly religious, but after being dragged along to church for years a kid that's the one description that's managed to stick with me. I just like their inhuman incarnations more, it's more aesthetically interesting than a pretty person with wings and a halo.

I've never been a huge fan of the whole good/evil dichotomy myself, since it's far too rigid for what is inherently a chaotic system. I'm also a lifelong pagan, so the whole angel/devil thing is more amusing than anything else, right up there with original sin and purgatory (although Dante had a blast with it).

However, fire does not need to be crimson to be hot. You can have the white-hot flame of angelic justice, you can have the purifying fire of the heavens. It's your world, and your rules. Armor is much the same, and I like Melrick's idea of glass or crystal rather than metal, but if metal is your thing, how about electrum?

humm good points.

im in no way religious my self, another atheist, but i like using demons and angels in the context of some stories and other related projects, that its more of a species type of thing instead of a gods and devils thing.

If you ever played the Diablo games that would be one example of what i would think of.

angelic weapons i would think would be more lighting based as demonic would be more fire based

as for the materials used to make their weapons and armor, i could see crystals/glas being used as not many would be able to recreate that kind of forging style i would think.

maybe molded crystal/glass over a metal?

When I think angelic weapons, I always think "on fire" thanks to the story of genesis. As for armour I'm not sure, I tend to think of them as not wearing or not needing armour and I'm particularly fond of some of the older descriptions, when they have six wings, one pair to cover their bodies, one pair to cover their faces, another left to fly. I'm not particularly religious, but after being dragged along to church for years a kid that's the one description that's managed to stick with me. I just like their inhuman incarnations more, it's more aesthetically interesting than a pretty person with wings and a halo.

Yeah, even though I'm not religous now I was always intrigued by Ezekiel's vision of the wheel as it had the most interesting description of what I believe are generally accepted to be angels, even though they're called "creatures" in the book. The angle guarding the way to the Tree of Life with a flaming sword was pretty cool too. These can be used for atypical depictions of angels. One could also reference the Lesser Key of Solomon (more commonly called the Goetia) to get more very interesting descriptions of vairous types of celestial beings.

What if an angel's "halo" were actually a circular throwing weapon ala Tron? Some of the Hindu gods have weapons like that.

Heh. In the comic series Mercy Sparx, the removal of an angel's halo immediately subdues them. Didn't know some of the Hindu deities had such weapons. Neat.

Edited by Dr_Jackal

It's actually a real weapon called a chakram--a weapon made famous (for better or worse) by Xena: Warrior Princess. There was an episode of Deadliest Warrior on which a couple of experts threw chakrams at pig carcasses. I thought, "Yeah, like you're going to hurt anything with your killer Frisbee," but the chakrams sliced through the carcasses rather neatly.

You know, I used to watch that show with a friend, but it got kinda old after a while. That being said, it was fun seeing the "reenactments" and them testing the weapons, of course. When I first saw chakram I mistakenly thought of chakra so I was confused for a little bit. Xena was another fun show. Anyway, I hope these ideas can help the OP.

i tend to look at stories of angels, gods demons and monsters as possible primitive man seeing something that he/she just doesn't understand, perfect example is the Thor movie, not magic just really advanced science that kicks your ass ^_-

in either case, im thinking weapon and armor wise, im going to go with a crystal type alloy or something thats .....molded/melded/fused with Titanium so that it can have more of a structure to it?

it would also give a silver type look while reinforcing the crystal.

now comes another hard part, what crystal to use? i cant think of any mythical ones that could be used and i wouldn't want to use a real one that wouldn't work at all