Click Here!

Looking for a fic called "Horny Harry"

Guest Joe

I'm looking for a fanfic named Horny Harry. In it, Harry has sex with multiple female characters, possibly with the help of love potions. He also has sex with some random muggles. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a copy?

It is the policy of AFF to discourage the distribution of copies of stories without the express consent of the author of the story. To post here and ask for a copy of a story is disrespectful of our authors, who work very hard to create their stories.

Joe,

There are a lot of reasons an author will remove a work. If they are getting published, their contract may include that they have to eliminate all fanfiction. If they are no longer happy with the work, they may delete it. If they leave the fandom, they may delete it. If they want to re-work the story, they may delete it.

The bottom line is that it's their piece, and they can choose to remove it. Because you don't find it here, doesn't mean that the author was banned.

In the case of this particular work, a very quick search pulled up this forum thread (here on this board) and led me to this author page in the archive. So obviously, the author isn't banned, even though the story isn't there.

As to the policy, it's clearly stated on the entry to this forum.

If you know the piece of fiction that someone is searching for is removed from the site, but you retained a personal copy, please do not pass the story around. If the story is taken down either by the Author or Moderator staff there is a reason behind it that must be respected.

That same statement appears at the top of every search sub-forum here. It is also stated on the entry point to the search forums. In all, it's been posted 23 times in the forum, and in order to make your thread, you had to have seen it at least once.

I didn't notice that statement because I'm an oblivious person, but there is no need to bite my head off. I don't agree with this policy but won't post here. Delete the thread if you want to. I'll stop looking for the story and will not visit these forums again. The mods on every other forum I've been to have been polite, so why the unpleasantness here? I don't want to be talked to like I'm an idiot just for not noticing some dumb policy that goes against my beliefs and is stricter even than copyright law (which does, in fact, allow people to distribute copies of books they've bought even when the author has stopped publication of the book). I'm an author too and I understand their feelings, but no one, not even the author, has the right to delete information from the entire world; they can only cease their own distribution of it. For some reason you're helping them suppress the spread of information, but thank god you're only doing so for erotic fanfiction. I hope I never run into you in real life.

Rogue was simply pointing out that the policy was not hidden from you and that it was clearly stated.

As for our reasons, there is a huge difference between a published piece of work and something on the internet. Yes, you can pass around a paperbook as often as you'd like. Electronic formats are different. Kindle books, for example, you can only lend for two weeks. Certain Nook books you can't lend at all. Author's are taking back their rights to their fiction in that manner already. A printed work cannot be recalled or removed from the world, something on the internet you can.

When it comes to fan fiction, first off, our ToS prohibits the download or copying of fiction from the site with out the author's permission: "You agree as a user of AFF that you will not download or copy any of the content within without the express permission of the original user to post the content." Secondly, Fan Fiction isn't like a published work, it hasn't been through a rigorous editing process to ensure it's error free - Often a user will remove it because they are ashamed of the quality or no longer want to be associated with the world of erotic fiction - Either way, we respect that they do not want it out there any longer and do not allow our users to pass on someone elses work for that reason.

I apologize that you don't agree with our decision to respect an author's right to their own creative work, to either post it or remove it ... And yes, they do have that right as it is their creation. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.