Click Here!

21st Birthday

DarkCabaret

Hmmmm - I worked. I was working at a convenience store at the time and my boss was a complete ass. He had been planning on making me work on my 21st since I started working for him. When I got off at 3 am I couldn't go out and get my free drinks. Good thing I knew a sweet bartender - I got smashed the night after - just not so smashed that I didn't remember playing pool all night - and winning quite a bit of money.

I'm only 20. However, the coming-of-age year is 19 in Canada.

21 is the birthday where you can indulge in vice and get away with it.

I had a co-ed slumber party with a dance floor, lingerie, alcohol, cigarettes, unrated movies, and a tiny bit of marijuana because it's legal.

Shockingly enough, everyone managed to remain sober and things remained clean.

I think it was slightly different for me. No one was really sexually interested in each other even though we were all making out. All of the films were unrated because they were either foreign or had been on a festival circuit (though there was still plenty of smut). We had a huge variety of alcohol, so it became more of a "taste every little thing because you can for free". Everyone who chose to smoke went outdoors so there weren't any bothersome fumes. Can't say anything about the dance floor - the classiest thing would have been the disco ball. I think the only vice we didn't engage in was gambling.

I say go crazy on your birthday, especially because you have 4 days off. Try a little bit of everything if you can. You'll have the best excuse, and that excuse will never be valid again.

Just remember to have some form of damage control handy so that you don't end up in trouble with the police.

Well, let's see if I can remember....

'Trae and I went out to dinner with his Aunt and her husband (who are only a few years older than he is). They were planning on taking me out bar hopping afterwards, but I wasn't feeling well, so 'Trae took me home. They also bought me a bottle of Malibu Rum that I still have in a cupboard somewhere (aged 14 years).

A few couple weeks later it was Peach Festival time and I went out drinking with 'Trae and his friends. His cousin wanted to get me drunk, but I only allowed myself 1 beer (a Killians) and 1 mixed drink (a greyhound). That was the first and last time I ever went to a bar to drink.

Pretty lame tame, eh? blush.gif

Guest echtrae

Let's see, I had worked all day. It was a Wednesday and a friend of mine took me out drinking. The high point was doing donuts in a mall parking lot in a bug bus after the bars had closed. Other than that, it was a fairly casual evening.

Not everywhere in Canada, hun. Here in Alberta, it's eighteen, so I'll just draw the comparison. I went out for a fabulously lush meal with the family, then hooked up with the few friends I had that had already hit the ripe old age and we painted the town red! I was smart enough thankfully not to get out of hand drunk (I wanted to remember something, after all! lol) but there were many beers, and many shots. After the bars closed we all headed up to the river valley and watched the sun come up. Then there was a Denny's breakfast, and sleep for the rest of the day.

This was obviously the weekend bit of my birthday. The actual day I spent writing my Math 30 and Bio 30 diploma exams. rolleyes.gif That part blew.

Sorry about that. I had just assumed it was everywhere because as far as I know the national age for stuff like drinking, smoking, and gambling is 19.

Your birthday sounds like a lot of fun. My birthday usually falls during final exam month. On my 19th birthday I was lucky because my birthday fell on the day before Good Friday, and there are never any exams scheduled during the Easter weekend.

Kinda made up for my 18th birthday. I had to make up for a lot of late assignments because my chemistry teacher was a bitch who didn't tolerate any excuses. My dad managed to get hospital leave for the day but he was too weak to do much. The whole thing was just plain stressful and I felt bummed out. My dad died two weeks later and the chem teacher stayed on my back about the late assignments even though she knew about my family situation and knew that I never slacked off in her class.

I don't have to deal with that bitch anymore so why should I complain now?

Oh god, this sounds like an LJ post.

Sorry about that. Carry on!

And a very happy birthday to you DC!

Here here!

I was too sick for my 19th so for my 20th I was taken into the city by my mother and she took me to all these movie/film parties where the liquor was free and the bartenders were really hot for about 4-5 days laugh.gif

Just becareful not to drink 3 glasses of wine, 2 spritzers and 2 and a half cosmos in a 2 hour peroid and dance on a really sticky, popular dance floor because the memories will haunt you. They will! ph34r.gif

...God that bartender was fucking hot wub.gif

In a sinch? Have a nice meal with your family (if you can, if you can't: kidnap some friends and head to the nearest male strip club), get slightly tipsy and most of all, have fun damnit! cool.gif

Guest Big Samurai

I had to go intercede with my boss to try and save my job after a malicious coworker tried to get me fired. Said coworker purposely made sure that I'd have to do it on my twenty-first birthday, too. ... That was not a good day. No booze, no cake, nothing.

You know today has not gone as expected. I'm having a Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie (It has Rum, Vodka, and Gin in it) and I've been in such a good mood, even when I learned my cousin wants to kick my ass!

I bought some beer, and goldschlager along with the Mike's lemonade my best friend bought me and I'm doing all my drinking in front of my computer! The person I want to party with is not here but it's okay.

Happy Birthday, DC!

birthday.gifcheers.gifwish.gifyahoo.gif

have a drink for me, too. hell, i might have my own later.

sadly, i can't recally my 21st birthday. i think mom and dad took me to a steak place and i had my first legal drink. hell if i can recall what it is. it was a mixed drink and it came in a huge fucking glass. maybe a tequila sunrise.

then again, i tend to block out my birthdays because they all suck.

my drink of choice now is either 151 and coke or Jägermeister. straight from the bottle. screw the shot glass. no need to dirty something when i can just chug from the jug.

Okay so, mm I'm a little wasted right now, and typing really slow so sorry for my mistakes.

I finally found my way to the bar where I had a Slippery Nipple, Kamakazie, Wet Kiss, and Sex on the Beach. So, now I'm in front of my computer drinking some goldschagrer and a beer. I'm not really in it right now.

My birthday is awesomE!! Only problem is it's after 2am and I gots ta be up at 8!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.