Click Here!

So what did you guys have for breakfast today?

Guest Knorg

I got up 8.45 thanks to a ringing phone, and missed breakfast entirely. In a few minutes I'm heating up a microwave chicken burger that I brought for yesterday and didn't eat, so I guess this is my break-fast.

How about you?

I'm taking a wild guess here - you had chocolate spread on bread?

Like I said, a wild guess, but let me know if I'm anywhere close.

I usually have cereal for breakfast if I can stomach it while in a rush. If I can lounge around, I'll have pancakes. If I have at least half an hour, I'll have cheese omelets. There are also occasions where I have cream cheese on bagels or peanut butter on toast.

If I wake up really early and feel like throwing up, I'll grab a breakfast bar and water. Actually, I'd prefer to skip breakfast altogether on those mornings, but I'm diabetic so skipping breakfast is not an option.

I'm taking a wild guess here - you had chocolate spread on bread?

Like I said, a wild guess, but let me know if I'm anywhere close.

The bread and chocolate things are correct.

'Spread'... I'm not sure. I've been told the Netherlands is perhaps the only country in the world where people sprinkle chocolate all over their bread for breakfast so maybe there's no real accurate translation for hagelslag.

'Spread'... I'm not sure. I've been told the Netherlands is perhaps the only country in the world where people sprinkle chocolate all over their bread for breakfast so maybe there's no real accurate translation for hagelslag.

Chocolate Sprinkles on Bread?

I wasn't exactly sure what hagelslag was, but now that you've described it, I guess you could translate it to "chocolate shavings". "Shavings" would be a more accurate translation in light of the fact that hagelslag probably doesn't look like what we consider chocolate sprinkles (like the stuff on donuts and ice cream).

Guest Madapple

I had a cinnamon roll and 1/2 an orange.

Yummy.

Tomorrow, I want chocolate on bread. It sounds yummy.

Maybe I'll have 1 chocolatey bread and 1 Nutella toast.

ummmm. . .Nutella.

Only? Guess you're wrong.

Your country used to have colonial rule over mine and among the things they left is the chocolate sprinkles on bread thing.

EveKnight, yes, it's the stuff you put on donuts and icecreams.

That said, my unhealthy breakfast is rice and spicy chicken nuggets... eaten before 6 o'clock.

yummy nutella.

chocolate sprinkles...mmmm...I get whipped for breakfasts like that.

2 cups of coffee, no cream (no sugar) this morning. I hadn't gone to the store yet, due to old spiderwbs...meh, well, by circumstances beyond my control, it so happened I ended up in church for a spiritual breakfast instead, so it turned out okay. There's an odd story about that, btw, but I found a friend...

Only? Guess you're wrong.

Your country used to have colonial rule over mine and among the things they left is the chocolate sprinkles on bread thing.

Really?

Hmm. Perhaps I should've said "only those countries that were, at one point, part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands". Or, considering our history, "The Republic of the Netherlands".

Guest Big Samurai

My standard weekday breakfast:

-- Two miniature bagels

-- Little box of raisins

-- Cup of apple sauce

-- Granola bar

-- Cup of yogurt

-- Daily vitamin

My standard weekend breakfast:

-- Two toasted waffles

-- Bowl of oatmeal

-- Bowl of cold cereal with 2% milk

-- Several different vitamins

See, your local samurai is something of a health nut. I eat breakfast every morning, without fail. It's really good for the energy level.

cool.gif