Click Here!

Assholes, douchebags and arrogant twits as characters

Shadowknight12

Replying to Robin because she sums up the latest points in the thread. Also, don't take my rant personally. I'm not lambasting anyone in particular.

I think I agree with Calanthee on this, in that it's a lot harder for amateur writers to pull off a 'nice guy' than a long-time or proffessional writer.

My personal take on it is that stories are all about conflict, whether emotional or physical or spiritual etc., without some kind of conflict you just have a very empty plot and nothing to keep the reader hooked. Thus the problem with a total 'nice guy' is he isn't prone to conflict; he'd turn the other cheek when attacked, ignore an insult when offended, and generally take what is given.

That is not a nice guy. That is a wuss. A pussy. A spineless weakling. It is a grave and most unfortunate mistake to confuse disgusting meekness and cowardice with "niceness." It is very possible to have a nice person that donates to charity, helps old ladies, loves dogs, cats and children, and snarks the fuck out of you if you provoke him. You merely need to use good old fashioned logic. After all, a complete doormat does not get through life with such an attitude unless he makes friends who take care of him, or suffers a nervous breakdown. Why? Because people will use and abuse doormats until there is nothing left of them but a empty, soulless husk. That is simply the way the world works. If the doormat does not have a solid circle of friends, family and loved ones to shelter him from the worst parts of the world, then people WILL drain every single drop of humanity from them. Because, again, that's what most people do.

Now, logic tells us that either the doormat had a breakdown and hardened (learns how to say no, develops a way to get rid of moochers, learns to avoid toxic relationships, etc.), or we get a cast of people who swing between trying to help the doormat help himself, using him for their own ends, and coddling him all the time because he's just so sweet and they don't want that good-natured innocence to fade or be tarnished by the cruel outside world.

And guess what? All of this? STORY FODDER. A FUCKING PLOT THAT COULD SPAN CHAPTERS.

And this just a take on your average doormat. Like I said earlier, you can have a nice person with a dark side, or just someone who has steel-hard ethics and will NOT take crap from you or anyone else. He will help you in your darkest hour and if you so much dare to be an ungrateful bitch or bastard to him, he will verbally smack you down so hard your ass will end up facing the goddamn sun.

To sum up: THINK, BITCHES. Don't take the lazy way out and write some random douchebag because you can't be bothered to come up with a real person. Fucking mother of shit.

As an aside that really doesn't concern the thread, but might prove to be mildly interesting food for thought for anyone, I have been mulling over why people are so attracted to villains and assholes. I think that it all comes down to most people being... how do I put this mildly... "cowardly," I think, is the least insulting term for it. There's a vast amount of people who have enormous fear of peer pressure and social repercussions, so they spend a lot of time censoring themselves and repressing their less savoury impulses. The problem is that they don't do this because they realize that they are morally wrong (and I mean 'morally wrong' with an actual logical thought process that leads the person to understand why it is wrong, not just an empty label), but because they fear the consequences of their actions. Therefore, they are in reality quite frustrated at their inability to express their deepest desires, which leads to them living vicariously through those who do. Which are, of course, villains and assholes.

To me, evil is banal and mind-numbingly boring. Not to mention that 99.9999% of villains are actually very, very stupid. If a random peasant schmuck can defeat them, they are not very smart in the first place. A smart person does not wave their hand scornfully at the notion of the Power of Love, much less when there is actual evidence of its existence! A smart person says "All right, this is worth investigating. How may I use this new resource to achieve my ends?" And even if we take a "genius" (and fucking shit, do I ever use that term loosely when referring to villains...) whose methods are intelligent and pragmatic, there is always the logical massacre that is their set of goals. Truly, for people who are allegedly super smart, they sure seem to forget very basic things, like sociology, biology, psychology and who knows what else. I mean, really. Killing people to make a point? Sure, that will go over well with the public. Blowing shit up? That will get you ADORING FANS (and yes, I am aware that they do get adoring fans at times. Those people are retards. I am talking about the general populace). World domination? My god, pick up ANY history book and read about the HUNDREDS of leaders who have tried that. Revenge? That one is especially good, since apparently thinking about the consequences of one's actions is a lost art. Screwing over everyone to get some selfish goal? Right, society will get very far with people like that. You BETTER not complain about other people being assholes, with the example you're setting.

But I think that the point that grates on me the most about villains is how they go against the very nature of biology itself. Life wants one thing, and one thing only: to survive. How does it achieve this? By two means: it multiplies and it improves. The last bit is the one that most villains seem to ignore. Improving means becoming better, overcoming one's flaws to develop new strengths. Selfishness, and its manifestations thereof (screwing over others, hoarding resources, etc.), is actually detrimental to the survival of the species. It might do wonders for the survival of the individual (and that is why all individuals are innately selfish, to give them a strong survival tool), but it is very detrimental to the improvement of society. The reason we have ethics and morals in the first place is because we must curb down the selfish impulse (and the anomalies, such as psychopaths and the like) so that we can improve as a species. Villains, assholes and idiots are hindrances to society. They must be reeducated or removed from a position in which they can do harm.

Of course, I'm not saying that villains are useless! Far from it. What I am saying is that liking villains is akin to liking the big piece of lead that's making you row extra harder. It provides conflict to the story and it is most interesting when villains are actually intelligent (though I am personally a fan of mindless, nigh unstoppable forces as antagonists), and not drooling imbeciles. But that's just my take on this issue.

That is all. Class dismissed. :smartass:

EDIT: And there goes the ninja wench, summing up my entire point with such elegance! :P

Edited by Shadowknight12

Selfishness, and its manifestations thereof (screwing over others, hoarding resources, etc.), is actually detrimental to the survival of the species. It might do wonders for the survival of the individual (and that is why all individuals are innately selfish, to give them a strong survival tool), but it is very detrimental to the improvement of society. The reason we have ethics and morals in the first place is because we must curb down the selfish impulse (and the anomalies, such as psychopaths and the like) so that we can improve as a species.

While I fully agree with EVERYTHING you just said, there is an ethical theory type thing that states this: Ethical and Psychological Egoism. Psychological egoism states that we are selfish beings. Ethical egoism states that we ought to be selfish beings.

Just wanted to state that. =3

While I fully agree with EVERYTHING you just said, there is an ethical theory type thing that states this: Ethical and Psychological Egoism. Psychological egoism states that we are selfish beings. Ethical egoism states that we ought to be selfish beings.

Just wanted to state that. =3

While I completely agree with Psychological Egoism, what's the point of Ethical Egoism? I mean in the long run. While one could argue about "survival of the fittest" being a possible advantage, if individualistic competition over resources had been a viable strategy for the advancement of the species, we wouldn't have banded in social groups. Not to mention the whole "empathy" thing that counters that theory and that nobody is quite clear on where it comes from and why some people seem to be born without it. But it's interesting to think about, thanks for contributing! :D

Oh, I have no clue to how it's useful. I just learned about it in my Ethics class this last semester and it happened to apply to the conversation. I personally think it's dumb, but somehow it stays around. And you're welcome! ^^

How about the evil villains that justify themselves by telling themselves they are doing the right thing...they don't think of themselves as the bad guys?

To me the biggest "real" such bunch of Villains in society are politicians, and I am non-partician! They are too party centric [they believe there party can do no wrong] and this smoke screen keeps them from seeing what needs to done to help the country and the people as whole. And they justify themselves by holding the delusion that what each of their party wants is right and correct no matter who it hurt or kills in process. And we in society stupidly back them up and vote for bodies/faces/parties, rather than the necessary issues that need to be addressed... in a way we get what we deserve I suppose?

I think this country's in bad shape and falling further into a dark deep hole, especially with joblessness and poverity,for our villainess politicians are the slaves and lackies of corporate purse string pullers, these people are making money on this country's present conditions... so why change things! They want the wealth to be in the hands of 10% of people or companies, while the other 90% of the people go to hell in a hand basket.

Super Villains exist all around us, but they don't see themselves that way... no they think their the good guys!

I perfer my dear unreal fantasy villains, who know they're the bad guys and when I get tired of them, I can close the book or turn off the computer, but truth and reality is a another story, we can't run from it... we are surrounded. :fear:

Just a thought... or my opinion, Calanthee

Perhaps I should just :shutup:

O.o how did we go from characters to politicians...?

On the original topic, I think it needs to be a fine balance. I like me a bad boy, but I don't want an asshole. Good example, I was seeing this guy who looked like James Dean (Ala this look

http://www.poster.net/dean-james/dean-james-photo-xxl-james-dean-6231439.jpg

)

He had the bad boy front, rode a motorcycle, well toned, etc. God, the man just gave me the tingles! He oozed confidence and just presented himself so very well that I overlooked the fact that I never date men shorter than myself (Shallow, yes, but I was traumatized, I swear). Could he be a dick? Oh yes... Baby, he could snark with the best of him! But under it all, he is a sweet guy who loves kids and went after a dog that I saw wandering his neighborhood because I was about to cry at the thought of this dog wandering lost! We'd talk for hours about everything and nothing, but if you didn't take the time to work past the front he put up, you would never know that he was a decent guy. If you met him in a bar, he would be your typical playboy asshole type man...

So yea, point being that you need that balance. The straight up douchebags that play The Game - no thank you, I want nothing to do with guys who have no issue dating multiple girls or think poorly of women, but I do want that bad boy alpha aura that'll gimme them tingles! Same goes for characters. I hate the spineless idiots and I dislike (for all they are kinda hot) the alpha ass hats, gimme an Alpha with a good dash of Beta and I'll be happy!

(I know SK is totally gonna rip on me since we've had similar talks LOL)

O.o how did we go from characters to politicians...?

On the original topic, I think it needs to be a fine balance. I like me a bad boy, but I don't want an asshole. Good example, I was seeing this guy who looked like James Dean (Ala this look

http://www.poster.net/dean-james/dean-james-photo-xxl-james-dean-6231439.jpg

)

He had the bad boy front, rode a motorcycle, well toned, etc. God, the man just gave me the tingles! He oozed confidence and just presented himself so very well that I overlooked the fact that I never date men shorter than myself (Shallow, yes, but I was traumatized, I swear). Could he be a dick? Oh yes... Baby, he could snark with the best of him! But under it all, he is a sweet guy who loves kids and went after a dog that I saw wandering his neighborhood because I was about to cry at the thought of this dog wandering lost! We'd talk for hours about everything and nothing, but if you didn't take the time to work past the front he put up, you would never know that he was a decent guy. If you met him in a bar, he would be your typical playboy asshole type man...

So yea, point being that you need that balance. The straight up douchebags that play The Game - no thank you, I want nothing to do with guys who have no issue dating multiple girls or think poorly of women, but I do want that bad boy alpha aura that'll gimme them tingles! Same goes for characters. I hate the spineless idiots and I dislike (for all they are kinda hot) the alpha ass hats, gimme an Alpha with a good dash of Beta and I'll be happy!

Yeah, its worth it, sometimes, if you have do a little patient digging to find that certain male good parts, and go past superficial Image!

Sorry Boss I got carried away with the political Stuff! Cal

I was reading this, and noticed something rather interesting, and let me state in advance that I'm poking myself more than anyone else...

Why is it that we automatically assume, when we discuss assholes, douchebags and arrogant twits, that we are referring to males? I do acknowledge that there is an inherent gender bias in the English language, with the male pronoun being the default, but dear gods... As a woman, I can categorically state that we are equally prone to all of the personality traits that go into being a total and utter feckwit. And honestly, I really don't know if I'm mentioning this from a sense of offended gender pride (Yes, we too are assholes!) or simply because I am having a nice moment of my own... :D

How about the evil villains that justify themselves by telling themselves they are doing the right thing...they don't think of themselves as the bad guys?

Very rarely will someone think of themselves as bad guys. Why? Because even a little genre savviness would tell them that their chances of success are pretty damn low. And this ruins morale like a frying pan to the face. Better to think off yourself as something that can be cast on a positive light, if only to fight less people on your way to the top.

Me? Ripping on the site owner? Dear girl, I'm not that stupid... ;)

I wouldn't have a problem dissecting your reasoning to show you just how impractical it is to want something so rare, but if one removes the technical terms and adorns it a bit, you'll actually find yourself with the age-old speech of what women want in a man. Dissecting THAT would give me a headache and it's just too damn early in the day for me to hit the booze, Apollo. I will only say that I hope your search is fruitful.

I'll comment on the side that "asshole" qualities might be all well and good for sex, but if you take that out of the equation, you get more problems in the relationship than the attitudes are worth.

I was reading this, and noticed something rather interesting, and let me state in advance that I'm poking myself more than anyone else...

Why is it that we automatically assume, when we discuss assholes, douchebags and arrogant twits, that we are referring to males? I do acknowledge that there is an inherent gender bias in the English language, with the male pronoun being the default, but dear gods... As a woman, I can categorically state that we are equally prone to all of the personality traits that go into being a total and utter feckwit. And honestly, I really don't know if I'm mentioning this from a sense of offended gender pride (Yes, we too are assholes!) or simply because I am having a nice moment of my own... :D

Social conditioning. It's far more acceptable for a man to be a total asshole than a woman to be a complete bitch. On the other hand, we have the apologists, who are more than willing to be guilt-tripped into accepting a bitch's bitchiness because of all the boohoohoo subjugation men have imposed on women for millennia. And this is about the SMART ones. The rest will just think "pussy = good, must have more" and take whatever she throws his way if she's sufficiently hot. In fact, one could say that a woman's Allowed Bitchiness is directly proportional to her hotness. And if she cultivates an image of being positively excellent in the sack but hard to get (and we assume she has the looks to pull this off), she's going to be allowed to disembowel a guy on the street before anyone objects.

The problem with women is that very few of them are satisfied with sex the way a man their age is. Most women want a deeper connection, emotions and all that crap. Bitchiness sabotages relationships in the vast majority of cases. So a woman learns to exempt her loved one from her assholeness or become a master of subtlety. Men have no problem being assholes because this trait is very rarely an obstacle when it comes to getting sex. Look at Apollo and the way she so blatantly admits that this ridiculous behaviour actually has a positive effect on her. It is because of women like HER that this trait thrives (*points finger and glares* :P). A woman who wants an emotional connection with her man will either have to settle for someone older (sacrificing looks) or keep trying until she finds the right person. Which, if one thinks about it, becomes highly ironic if a lot of time has passed and she has to settle for an older man... only now SHE is older too, and with a lot of baggage.

So, to sum up: women aren't as prone to overt assholeness as men because they have different priorities and this trait usually becomes an obstacle in the path to achieving them. There are exceptions, of course, and I dare say the exceptions are slowly becoming the norm as time passes.

I have coffee - therefore, I am awake! Haha!

Age old speech or no, there is a reason that it is the age old speech! It turns a woman on! You and I have had discussions about Game theory, and as much as both you and I despise the men who actively play it, it works on 90 to 95% of women. Now, if you talked with the women and described it outside of it's environment, women will lie and say it does nothing, but watch in a bar/club. Women respond to it, time after time. Dunno, the sociological aspect I have a feeling we will always disagree on. I just know what I like, will it take digging? Sure but eventually I'll find that guy!

I have coffee - therefore, I am awake! Haha!

Age old speech or no, there is a reason that it is the age old speech! It turns a woman on! You and I have had discussions about Game theory, and as much as both you and I despise the men who actively play it, it works on 90 to 95% of women. Now, if you talked with the women and described it outside of it's environment, women will lie and say it does nothing, but watch in a bar/club. Women respond to it, time after time. Dunno, the sociological aspect I have a feeling we will always disagree on. I just know what I like, will it take digging? Sure but eventually I'll find that guy!

Good point, but my take on it is that it works because women are raised to think that way. I would very much like to interview a woman who has been raised in a radically different culture and see if it really does work on her. My prediction would be that culture dictates what people should look for in a sexual partner. If she was raised in a culture where subservience and meekness in males was a very desirable trait, and she had had no exposure to current Western culture, I would say that her body would NOT react sexually in the slightest to a man displaying asshole traits.

But this is all speculation, of course, unlikely that with today's globalization we'll ever find out the truth. It's just interesting food for thought. ;)

Good point, but my take on it is that it works because women are raised to think that way. I would very much like to interview a woman who has been raised in a radically different culture and see if it really does work on her. My prediction would be that culture dictates what people should look for in a sexual partner. If she was raised in a culture where subservience and meekness in males was a very desirable trait, and she had had no exposure to current Western culture, I would say that her body would NOT react sexually in the slightest to a man displaying asshole traits.

But this is all speculation, of course, unlikely that with today's globalization we'll ever find out the truth. It's just interesting food for thought. ;)

One thing you don't cover is timeframe. I came of age, sexually speaking, in the early 70s, when sex was not yet lethal, and the worst thing that could happen could be cured by a few days of penicillin. Women in my age group, who were open to exploration, probably displayed more than a few asshole traits of their own. It didn't make me less likely to be drawn to the bad boys, but I certainly gave them a run for their money... ;)

I am going to have agree with Apollo on this one and say that balance is need with "asshole" male characters! I am no expert writer and many would probably call me amateurish, but I do try to write my male characters with a balanced personality. To me, that makes the character much more believable than one that is just this way or just that way. If that made sense?

Example!

Alexander is a character I am developing in a story I am writing. He has a very asshole front to him. I mean, he can be blunt and cold. However, he is not really that way. He had a rough childhood and uses such extreme behavior to ward people off. Inside he is lonely, loyal, has a heart of gold, and truly is a nice guy, but due to past experiences, he is a bit harsh. He even dresses in a way that make people walk away from him instead of approach him. It is all a front to protect his heart. I guess that is his armor. His asshole nature.

I enjoy writing characters like that. Unless the character is just truly a extreme asshole and just evil to the core. Then it is a bit different. For example, Samuel, in the same story as Alexander, is a very sleazy, nasty person who is a grade A asshole. He is the kind of person most people do not want to be around or even screw. But, he is a bad guy in the story and I wanted to exaggerate his evil nature and the best way I know how is to make him into an uber asshole.

So, yes, I do believe in balance. I want my characters to seem like an asshole, but they not really. At least the good ones. For villains, I love them to be just the biggest asshole you could ever meet. I think these kind of characters make people happy in their dark places of their souls and dream about those rough around the edges guys and how manly they are. Then again, that might just be me. I guess the best example I can think of is Acheron from Kenyon's books. He can be an asshole, but it turns out he is very mushy on the inside. I love characters like that. I can't really explain why, but it is just something about that front those characters put on that catch my attention and intrigue me. Makes me really want to read the story and find out if they are truly that way or if they are using that as a front. I think that is why I love them. The mystery they hold. :think:

The Japanese (And other Asian cultures). They're raised in a Collectivist society that values the whole over individuals, so they're turned off by blatant 'I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, screw the rest of you' attitudes. They consider it VERY rude. So, women that prefer the meeker attitudes and introversion do exist.

Wench: True! But I have come to the conclusion that views on sex are always fluctuating and have a tendency to cycle. So yeah, what you said is quite true. ;)

I am going to have agree with Apollo on this one and say that balance is need with "asshole" male characters!

We need a facepalm icon. Ugh, that is EXACTLY what I have been trying to say all along. Thank you for taking my point and putting it forth with a few word changes. The rest of your post is also full of little eye-twitchers like that one. Protip: Reading a thread before posting is a good thing.

Also, the "asshole exterior, mushy interior" makes me LAUGH whenever I see someone gushing about it. It's such a typical female fantasy. No wonder it works so well as a façade IRL. I really hope that you girls don't complain about unrealistic depictions of women in the media... :rolleyes:

The Japanese (And other Asian cultures). They're raised in a Collectivist society that values the whole over individuals, so they're turned off by blatant 'I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, screw the rest of you' attitudes. They consider it VERY rude. So, women that prefer the meeker attitudes and introversion do exist.

I thought the same until I remembered the "seme" role in Yaoi, which is written for women. Though I suppose that since many of them have other types of Western qualities, one could argue it's something "exotic" to them. Or something. I am really not informed enough to say.

I thought the same until I remembered the "seme" role in Yaoi, which is written for women. Though I suppose that since many of them have other types of Western qualities, one could argue it's something "exotic" to them. Or something. I am really not informed enough to say.

You can't take what the Japanese create in their media as their true views. The shows they watch and the stuff they read are like outlets since they can't display those types of urges IRL. A lot of the other shows they have have the actors displaying emotions that are so over-the-top as to be ridiculous because it's an outlet. They're soo conservative, a MARRIED COUPLE holding hands is considered too much PDA. In RL none of that is acceptable.

You can't take what the Japanese create in their media as their true views. The shows they watch and the stuff they read are like outlets since they can't display those types of urges IRL. A lot of the other shows they have have the actors displaying emotions that are so over-the-top as to be ridiculous because it's an outlet. They're soo conservative, a MARRIED COUPLE holding hands is considered too much PDA. In RL none of that is acceptable.

Actually, media is a reflection of a society's desires. It exists purely because there is people who will pay money to make it happen. The popularity of such reflection depends on the work's accuracy. So if the media exists, the desire must be there or else there will be no motivation for people to pay money for it. If the seme stereotype is so popular, then Japanese women must find him desirable in some level. Perhaps not desirable as a mate, but they must still derive some sort of enjoyment from seeing him in media works or else the law of offer and demand would take care of its extinction. Just because the culture states that such desires aren't meant to be displayed publicly doesn't mean they don't exist. Granted, I'd normally agree with you on it based on what you've just mentioned, but the fact that there is a demand for such characters means something. It's much like speaking about an individuals subconscious desires, if you will, only on a sociological level.

Wench: True! But I have come to the conclusion that views on sex are always fluctuating and have a tendency to cycle. So yeah, what you said is quite true. ;)

We need a facepalm icon. Ugh, that is EXACTLY what I have been trying to say all along. Thank you for taking my point and putting it forth with a few word changes. The rest of your post is also full of little eye-twitchers like that one. Protip: Reading a thread before posting is a good thing.

Also, the "asshole exterior, mushy interior" makes me LAUGH whenever I see someone gushing about it. It's such a typical female fantasy. No wonder it works so well as a façade IRL. I really hope that you girls don't complain about unrealistic depictions of women in the media... :rolleyes:

DEar Shadowknight12,

I think your witt is as sharp as your blades and I admire that, I think I shouldn't mess with you if I am smart, because I think your a little dangerous yourself, so I guess I better behave and be good. So for once I will endeavor to call on my righteous side... even though it will be easier to be the usual badass assassin. But what the hell, its Holidays so I will wish you the best of the season and try to be good! Calanthee :ph34r:

PS. Hopely I wont hurt myself :thumbsup:

This is so true, AB. I dealt with a lot of Japanese clients, and the protocols and almost ritualistic behaviors involved in the simplest phone call can be extraordinary. Japanese media is so far removed from reality as to be almost from another planet, but it IS the only outlet they have. My mother's cousin married a Japanese man, and he was disowned at his mother's insistence. She would not have a son who was married to a gaijin, period. This would be the same woman who paid for a condo in Tokyo for her husband's mistress, by the way. There is a schizophrenia in that culture that is staggering to the Western mind...

SK: That's a rant for another thread, another time... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

This thread intrigued me for a number of reasons. I'm considered what you all call the girl who adores assholes, douchesbags etc.

As I read this thread I came to a number of realizations about myself and my tendency to romanticize these characters. I figured you would all be somewhat interested in me offering myself as a guinea pig picking myself apart.

I find that I simply love to read/write stories where the main female character is in a powerless slave position (though she is usually still strong, smart and resilient) and the male character is the master.

From a writing perspective, I love these scenarios because in my mind, the female characters always come out on top. They are tough, resilient, and powerful in their own sense—they are powerful because they always end up bringing the male character to his knees in the end (not saying it's realistic or true but that's how I always portray my writings).

I guess in a way, writing something where the female character does end up making the male fall in love with her and devoting himself to her is partially my way of feeling powerful.

I know what you're thinking—why do you need some asshole douchebag to fall in love with you to make you feel powerful?

I don't think it's because I've had daddy issues, lack of reality and experience or even live in some superficial world (trust me—I was in a relationship where a asshole douche like guy tried to take control of me and I told him to stick it where the sun didn't shine before leaving his ass for a man who treated me with respect)—I believe it's a part of my cultural and social conditioning.

My ancestors were slaves (I'm African American by the way if you haven't guessed by now) and for many generations lived in a reality where they had no power. Most masters would whip the men and rape the women without a guilty conscious (now those men were the ultimate assholes and douchebags).

I'm sure my ancestors felt powerless and I have no doubt that some of those powerless feelings passed down all the way to my very generation (the women in my family tend to go after men who physically, sexually, and verbally abuse them but they do nothing to get out of these types of relationships once they get into them).

In a way (especially in my writing), I suppose I'm trying to change what my ancestors couldn't change when they were slaves. I'm trying to create the same story about my ancestors but with a happy ending instead of a sad depressing one. Or maybe I'm trying to deal with the complex feelings that my ancestors passed down to me and the only way I can truly deal with them in a way where I won't get judged too much is to write them down through different characters.

Well those are my thoughts. I'm not saying they are true or perfect but it is what it is. I know my thoughts are a little sloppy and maybe a bit abstract but I thought a different perspective would be nice.

Strawberry Passion

P.S. I'm willing to clarify anything if you need me to.