Click Here!

Suggestions for Archive cleanup and restructure

TonHyukOTP

Guest Calanthee

Dear Bosses and Beloved Masters of AFF and those in charge of Everything :clap: :spank2:

I think you should have a special sections for the "Minions" in Cartoons and they should be listed under the following headings:

1.Too cute!

2.Too silly and dumb!

3.Constant abuse of the poor little minions with just one eye <@>!

4.Minion's submission to the nice, big daddy Villian!

5.All around perverse sexual activity between "Minions" in pairs or in large piles, in another words group sex! After if those Pokeymen do it, why not Minions! :flirtysmile:

Can you dig it?????? Calanthee the Gslinger :dualpistols: Supporter for the advancement of Minions everywhere!!!

Dear Bosses and Beloved Masters of AFF and those in charge of Everything :clap: :spank2:

I think you should have a special sections for the "Minions" in Cartoons and they should be listed under the following headings:

1.Too cute!

2.Too silly and dumb!

3.Constant abuse of the poor little minions with just one eye <@>!

4.Minion's submission to the nice, big daddy Villian!

5.All around perverse sexual activity between "Minions" in pairs or in large piles, in another words group sex! After if those Pokeymen do it, why not Minions! :flirtysmile:

Can you dig it?????? Calanthee the Gslinger :dualpistols: Supporter for the advancement of Minions everywhere!!!

I have only one thing to say....

BANANA! :rofl:

• 2 years later...

Id like to suggest adding back the arrows for the next chapter on stories. Its a bit annoying getting to the bottom of the page and having to go all the way back to the top and trying to remember exactly what chapter you are reading, specially when the story is 100+ long @_@ and the author didnt type what chapter it was

Yesterday, the priority was to get the chapter data to display at all. That's working now. Sure, I understand it's annoying not having "next", but that's something we'll take care of probably tomorrow after our eyeballs get a chance to get rested.

Again, those weren't a priority yesterday, since just getting stories to display at all took precedence. The ability to review stories will be fixed as soon as DG and manta have a chance.

Thanx for answering. Im glad the eyeballs have stopped bleeding are now working at least till the next long coding takes place. Thank you for qll yours and the other coders hardwork in keeping this site functional and making it better Im sure we all( readers and writers) apperciate the effort and time you all put into it ^_^

Chrys

Chrys, thank you! :D

DG and manta are completely amazing, and I really have to say, it's all them. I'm just good at poking the bits as they go up, but they make it all happen, and work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 24CaratCoal

Hmmm, not sure this falls under 'archive cleanup and restructure' but it might so I may as well say it. One thing I've noticed since I started perusing this site is that you can't search for a lot of the tags. Most of them are at or under three characters so if you're looking for a specific tag that's two letters, like WD off the top of my head, you're kind of SOL and have to browse page after page of stories in what might even be the right category to find what you're looking for. I don't mind searching through pages because sometimes I might find something I would otherwise overlook, but even for someone with an excess of patience it gets quite tedious. Like I said, I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I figured I ought to mention it just in case it is. It would be nice if there were some sort of simple fix to the issue, but knowing how little I know about coding, it's probably somethingna that's a pain to deal with, so now that I've said my piece, I shall return to my quiet lurking (who knows, maybe someday I'll get over my writers block and remember my password :P).

Hi,

One of the things we're looking at as part of the rewrite is to make tags a separate field, and to look at the search feature for them. Not being a coder myself, I can't tell you if the shorter tags will be searchable, but let's see what our team can come up with. :)

As far as accessing your account, I can help with that. It looks like you need to register under the updated code, and we have a handy FAQ for that. You can even reset your password:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/29595-existing-users-logging-in-for-the-1st-time-in-the-new-system/

Tags will be rewritten as far as how they work, entirely. This is going to require the creation of additional tables for the tags, and a subroutine to add then and whatnot. Not sure yet how exactly this will work in search, unless we're looking at filtering using the tag field. I'll ask on that.

Guest 24CaratCoal

I've seen a few websites that have the tags as a seperate list in the advanced search page and that seems to work pretty well like that , though I'm not sure how complicated that is to implament, particilarly a list that allows for multiple selections. AO3 has their advanced search set up so that tags are manually entered but bring up a list of searchable terms- it's a bit sluggish though because the filter parses through tags as letters are added- so maybe something like that would be more feasible if it was strictly decicated to warning tags? Thinking about it, maybe instead of having warnings included in the summary for future stories have a seperate (collapsable?) table dedicated to them so that they don't take up so much room? Thats about it as far as my practical ideas go.

I checked my email account, BronxWench, and I can say that it's unsurprisingly dead after four plus years of inactivity XP Mea Culpa. I'm not sure if there's a way to switch my account over to a new address or if I just have to suck it up and start a new account- it wasn't covered in that link. Thanks for that anyway though.

@24Carat, yes, your email can be changed. Email me at technical_support@adult-fanfiction.org with your updated information.

As to the tags, they are going to be a set of tables, and selectable. Not input on the fly though. That'll make it much harder to set up filters and for searching, and be sluggish as well.

Guest 24CaratCoal

That's what I thought as far as the active filtering goes (it's kind of neat, but I'll take simple and efficient over neat but impractical any day). I'm looking forward to seeing what you all implement- I'm a bit slow to accept change sometimes, but I'm starting to like the site more and more as it progresses. I will vote for keeping that chapter list that's currently going on in the stories though if that's up for debate, that's actually a lot more convenient than the drop down menus and handy if you want to jump ahead several chapters if you had to stop reading.

I'll get a new email set up in a bit, thanks a lot DG.

Guest 24CaratCoal

Got a "recipient failed permanently" email from gmail when I tried the email you listed DG, I removed the underscore and didn't get it again when I retried. I just figured I should mention that and hopefully save somebody a minor headache if they need to contact you. Ia Ia Cthulhu Typos-again! Also, my iPad hates these forums, it crashed three times while I was trying to find the proper format to request a change of email address XD- I had no luck finding anything related to the matter so in the end I just WAGed it. :P

The planned reworking of tags will not bog down searching but can also be used while browsing categories to filter out stories with content that may make the user uneasy. For other users it can also be used to help find content they are looking for.

Of course this feature change to tags is on the giant to do list for upgrading the site to work with future server upgrades.

My pet idea for tags has been some level of intensity/rating per tag, like adult+ or adult++, it could be Xeno, Xeon+, Xeno++. This lets somebody tag [Xeno] because it might have a little bit, and [Xeno++] for it being a major theme to the story. I say this because I've very likely overtagged my stories just to be safe on the warnings, but, if somebody's deliberately looking for a specific tag, then the ++ would indicate its pretty much guaranteed.

- DP

Huzzah! :yahoo: Back from the dead, nice necromancy DG. Also, thanks for the crystal clear instructions because I still managed to screw it up about three times along the way :pcwhack: .

Manta, than is cool, but totally over my head, about all I understood was "we're getting to it, it's a lot of work, sit down and shut up about it :wwe: ". I paraphrase of course :).

Well, I understood a bit more than that, but it sounds really cool, I give to all of you my encouragement and moral support (and an offer to lend you a baseball bat if the servers ger too uppity :bat:) give 'em hell. :2tubs:

Okay, that's enough emoticons for me? TTFN

• 2 weeks later...

Hiii :D

I love the idea with the tags. I've seen it work on other sites and it would be a great help finding fanfics. It would also be a help with excluding fics that make someone uncomfortable.

You all for such a great work tho. I'm just glad I can read good fanfiction here ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.