Click Here!

Snake_King's Story Discussion Thread

Snake_King

Praetor’s right.  There’s more than one way to have a story be realistic.  Like have characters react to situations in a believable way, characters dealing with flaws within themselves, dealing with biases and prejudices, as well as someone having an idea that doesn’t make sense and people calling that person out on it.

I agree with both of you, but I'm a sucker for tragic heroes, but I understand that a character should at least get some screen time as well as be impactful to the audience in some way, Generator Rex is a good example of a really dark series as well as being light hearted and goofy at times, which is why I fell in love with that show. I want the audience to relate to the characters and feel real in a way.

Well, sadly, I haven’t seen Generator Rex in its entirety, but I will eventually somewhere down the line.

As for tragic heroes, I’m presuming you’re referring to have characters other than the main one be that?  Although, if you want an example of a tragic hero who is the main character, I’d suggest reading Neil Gaiman’s “The Sandman” comic, which centers around a guy who is the anthropomorphic personification of dreams and imagination.

The protagonist in Final Fantasy X is a dude named Tidus.  The game inverts the Is This A Dream? Trope by revealing that he is a Dream, conjured by the trapped souls of the world destroying monsters in the city that they also make up and pushed into the real world to destroy the monster and free them.  It's more complicated than just that though and a lot of backstory to explain.

Yeah, well, in “The Sandman,” the main character, who has many names but is often called Morpheus, isn’t really a dream, but the embodiment of an aspect of the universe, so to speak, and he possesses god-like powers.  There’s a bit of backstory as well, but to try and summarize, Morpheus is a member of a group of “siblings” called the Endless, who embody different universal aspects, and all of them have names that start with a D:

• Destiny (male, oldest of the bunch, appears as a blind man dressed in grey or brown robes carrying a large book, the Cosmic Log, which contains the entire sum of existence, past, present and future)
  • Death (female, looks and acts like a perky goth girl, and more or less embodies the aspect of death that greets you as a comforting friend, helping you to transition better to the next phase of things)
  • Dream (Morpheus, appears as a tall pale man with black hair and shadowy eyes wearing a dark cloak, has a long history of insensitivity towards others which comes back to bite him, and he takes his job seriously as the ruler and creator of dreams and nightmares)
  • Destruction (A very large, robust man with red hair, who abandoned his responsibilities as one of the Endless three hundred years ago, causing much conflict between him and his siblings, and he has a passion for creative and constructive endeavors, but little talent)
  • Desire (an androgynous figure who is both male and female, and has a cruel streak that rival’s Dream’s)
  • Despair (appears as a short, obese woman with greyish skin and irregularly-shaped teeth, is always naked, and has a has a cold, quietly intelligent manner)
  • Delirium (formerly known as Delight, she is the youngest of her siblings and her appearance changes all the time depending on her mood)

Not sure what you mean.  Do you mean that Ben and the girls in his life role play as the Dragonborn and the female characters in Skyrim or something like that?

Oh, I think I get it now.  You mean like Ben and the girls get sucked into the Skyrim game universe and end up playing various roles from the game?  If that’s the case, who would play who?

3 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Like Piltheser’s video game challange?  Or like Kai playing Alia the Huntress and Looma as Mjoll the Lioness?

You know, the Kai/Aela the Huntress thing actually occurred to me.  Didn’t consider Looma for Mjoll the Lioness.

2 minutes ago, Rexfan12345 said:

Something like that, Ben being the Dragonborn would be interesting, never seen it done before. Not sure what Gwen, Attea, Sunny, and Lucy would be though. He also will get a harem

Just now, Praetor said:

Lucy could stand in for the High Queen or whatever her name was.  Attea could fill in for a gender flipped Ofrig Stormcloak.  Sunny the matriarch of the Dark Brotherhood.

Perhaps something like this:

• Ben – Dragonborn
  • Kai – Aela the Huntress
  • Lucy – Maybe that Azura priestess who stays at that large statue in the mountains near Winterhold
  • Gwen – Brelyna Maryon, a Dark Elf from the wizard College of Winterhold
  • Sunny – it’s possible she could be Astrid, the matriarch of the Dark Brotherhood, although with the game, regardless of whether you join the group or not, you still have to kill Astrid.
  • Attea – Perhaps she could be a gender-bent version of Ullfric Stormcloak, but instead of being someone that Ben has to eventually kill, maybe have her become Ben’s slave or prisoner.

Just a thought.

Although, I think that if Attea is playing Ullfic Stormcloak, it might not hurt to change when she’s in charge of the Stormcloak rebellion.  In the game, the Stormcloaks are rebelling for a believable and sympathetic reason; the Empire of Cyrodil that Skyrim is a part of signed a piece treaty with the Elven Aldmeri Dominion that forbids the people of Skyrim from practicing their religion, i.e. the worship of their hero-god Talos.  Given that Attea is a known greedy power-grabber, it might not hurt to have her role as Ullfric reflect that.  Just saying.

One possible solution to this may be that she’s actually playing on the people’s frustrations with the empire in order to further her grab for power, but then Ben exposes her, and as punishment she becomes his slave.

You know, one theory I’ve heard about the games is that the Aldmeri Dominion actually threw in that “you can’t practice this religion” stipulation just so they could have the Empire crumble from within due to the resentment it would cause.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.