Click Here!

Story Code question - use of 3Plus required?

JayDee

Hi,

Thanks in advance for your time, site staff and any general passers by with two cents.

Partly as a little break from wrangling Willow’s psychology that I’ve been working on again lately, I’ve bashed out a short scene for someone else and when it came to coding it I wasn’t sure if I just be adding the 3plus tag.

For the sex there’s a man and a woman, but the man has a kind of brain parasite controlling his actions so an argument could be made that there’s three involved even if one of them is only inside another’s brain. Does this need a 3plus tag?

I would like to clarify that this story is in no way political and has nothing to do with the new President of the United States.

Well on the face of it, I’d say it doesn’t require the 3plus tag, but then it kind of depends.

If the parasite is actually self-aware then things change, and definitely if the parasite is self-aware and getting some kind of vicarious sexual thrill out of screwing the female of the species. In both of those instances, I’d use the tag.

I would like to clarify that this post at least on the face of it – has nothing to do with the new President of the United States.

HI there,

I would like to throw in my two cents as well, if thats alright.

Personally I think it depends on how the parasite and the man interact with each other.

1. The parasite is inside then man’s brain, and self-aware, but does not actually influence the actions of the man (during sex). → no 3plus tag (maybe a voy tag if you want to be careful?)
  2. The parasite is controlling the man’s actions completely, with no input from his host. → again, no 3plus tag (again maybe voy if the man is still conscious and aware of what is happening?)
  3. The man and the parasite are working together in some fashion (willingly or not) and both take separate actions while they have sex with the women. → 3plus tag if you want, but personally, I wouldn’t say anything if there wasn’t one…

I’d go 3+ just because, especially if the parasite is self aware.

The appropriate tag for any content involving an alleged new president of the United States is actually NMP, Not My President, and might also require a WS tag along with Contro.

24 minutes ago, Desiderius Price said:

Hmm… if the parasite is doing the control, might [toy] count?

Nope. That’s reserved for things like dildos, vibrators, paddles, swings, and the like. Toys are external devices, and the man can’t quite be considered the parasite’s toy. :)

If 3+ is central to the story, then please advertise it! 

We're kinda using tags to serve two roles, one to warn about objectional content, and the second is to advertise.  I’ve been keeping mine to the first purpose, because that makes it easier to apply them where needed.  But, if people are treating them as advertisement, that’s where it gets tougher.  That’s because using abortion] for mentioning that “Ms Charming” had an abortion, is different than [abortion] for describing the fine details of the procedure, a distinction crucial to somebody looking for a fic centered around an abortion.

I’ve given this some thought.  We could, for instance, tag each chapter with a severity rating, *but* such a system would be very prone to leaking spoilers if you know that chapter 7 has [abortion++], chapter 10 has [MCD], with [nec] in chapter 11; plus the time to code it up, get people adjusted, etc. 

In the end, the simplest solution is to keep doing what we’ve been doing, tag as a warning to objectional content, and advertise via category/summary. 

That’s my $0.02 worth on this.

I… I now find myself wondering the difference between [Abortion], [Abortion+] and [Abortion++] is it like one’s through planned parenthood, the others are wire coat hanger or falcon punch? “Mpreg’s the disease, Captain Falcon is the cure!”

So reading through It sounds ultimately that 3plus is probably for the best – while some readers will be a little disappointed there aren’t three people going at it at the same time, and I can see where GG is coming from, the control by the parasite is central to the story and it is self-aware so it’s more than just a voy thing. And I just realised I probably need to throw a Necro tag in there too for the last paragraph or so. Better safe than sorry even if it is just solo over remains. I’m also putting a Rape tag on because it’s clearly rape-by-deception not to explain you’re actually a meat puppet controlled by a parasite.

Pippychick – It’s a PWP snuff fic (brain parasites being bad for health) crossover. I’d suggest most forum users and quite a few site readers would be best avoiding it - one of those niche stories! I know you’re great at dark themes yourself but this is on the ponographic filth side rather than the arty atmospheric literature side :) !

13 minutes ago, JayDee said:

Pippychick – It’s a PWP snuff fic (brain parasites being bad for health) crossover. I’d suggest most forum users and quite a few site readers would be best avoiding it - one of those niche stories! I know you’re great at dark themes yourself but this is on the ponographic filth side rather than the arty atmospheric literature side :) !

Sounds great! :lol:  Really, if it’s anywhere near as disturbing as that one with the Doctor’s companion, Ace… or that one with the crocodile monster rape/evisceration in the sewer, I am really looking forward to it. Snuff and necrophilia are fine, and kind of logical conclusions given what you’ve said about the fic already. It’ll be interesting necrophilia if it’s the bloke that’s dead by the end. Hmm… I think Guy N Smith did that one once during a rape scene, when the attackers head was suddenly severed… ‘Phobia’ I think it was... I’m going to have to dig that out now.

Anyway! I’m not saying your stories don’t scare or disturb me, JayDee. They do, very much so, and that’s exactly why I like them. :)

23 minutes ago, JayDee said:

I… I now find myself wondering the difference between [Abortion], [Abortion+] and [Abortion++] is it like one’s through planned parenthood, the others are wire coat hanger or falcon punch? “Mpreg’s the disease, Captain Falcon is the cure!”

To me, I was thinking [abortion] is “I heard Mary Sue had an abortion”, [abortion+] being “Mary Sue went to Planned Parenthood”, and [abortion++] is “Fred inserted the coat hanger….”  Somebody looking for a gory abortion fic, would look for abortion++.

btw, this post has the warning code [abortion] on it!

In the end, such a tag system would have to factor in intensity/duration/etc, and that’d just be more work for our already overtasked moderators. 

Also, how often do we stick to our original plans for our stories?  Tags grow in scope, or get introduced.  In the beginning, I wasn’t planning on Minor1 for any of my stories; however, I’m creating a universe so adding the tag can be far easier than rewriting a character’s age so they're 14 instead of 13.

Sounds a bit like the Goa’uld/Tok’ra from Stargate. Is the host merely remote-controlled by the parasite but still fully aware and sentient of what is happening? In this case, 3plus makes sense and the Rape tag would be appropriate twofold. I’m curious, even though it has nothing to do with the new President of the United States.

Did you ever see Starship Troopers 2? One of those control bugs.

Anyway, it’s pretty much finished but I’ll hold off putting it on AFF for a little bit so I can do another check over for typos that my brain* has been hiding from me.

Thanks everyone for the assist.

*or brain bug? Dah DAH DAAAAH….

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.