Click Here!

Can a tramp stamp tattoo go anywhere?

Deadman

So the question sorta points out the whole thing.

I’ve been thinking about the idea of a tramp stamp tattoo but I’m wondering where does it actually go?

I don’t know that much about tattoos and don’t have anything myself. My understanding is that it usually goes on the lower back. But if it goes elsewhere on the body, is it not a tramp stamp?

I have a character who is focused on certain parts of the body and I’m wondering if the tramp stamp is on a particular body part, is it still a tramp stamp?

A tramp stamp is any tattoo that is visible on the lower back to the buttocks and may contain salacious or eye catching images.

🤣 Had a friend whose boyfriend was a tattoo artist so I may or may not and will neither confirm nor deny lol.

and they had Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here 😂

we thought it might have meaning but nope she was a world class troll.

20 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

AFAIK, the location on the lower back is what makes it a tramp stamp. I think it’s because the woman has to wear revealing clothing for other people to see it.

Okay, because if wearing revealing clothing is part of it, technically wearing a sports bra would be revealing and anything under the shirt would be considered a “tramp stamp”.

But if the lower back is the aspect, I suppose I can work with that. I guess I would just call a tattoo elsewhere, a tattoo? Unless there’s some other word for a tattoo meant to indicate a relationship. That’s sorta the point.

To use an example from a fandom. There was a couple who got the other’s name tattooed on their body. When they put their arms next to each other, it formed a heart.

That’s sorta the intent behind this but with much less of a cheesy idea behind it.

The location of a tramp stamp is fairly specific, as @GeorgeGlass noted. In general, it’s placed so that wearing pants/skirts that fasten around the waist or even a bit lower would hide the tattoo. Wearing very low-rise pants would, however, reveal the tattoo, as would a bikini bathing suit, thong panties, and so on. 

I suppose one could use a tramp stamp as a sort of claim tattoo, but it seems odd that a man possessive enough to ink his woman with a claim mark would place it where she’d have to dress provocatively for it to show. It’s counter-intuitive, I’d think. “If you can see the crack of her ass, you can see she’s mine because the tattoo says so.”  Unless, of course, his thing is to have her on display, in which case, go for it.

19 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

The location of a tramp stamp is fairly specific, as @GeorgeGlass noted. In general, it’s placed so that wearing pants/skirts that fasten around the waist or even a bit lower would hide the tattoo. Wearing very low-rise pants would, however, reveal the tattoo, as would a bikini bathing suit, thong panties, and so on. 

I suppose one could use a tramp stamp as a sort of claim tattoo, but it seems odd that a man possessive enough to ink his woman with a claim mark would place it where she’d have to dress provocatively for it to show. It’s counter-intuitive, I’d think. “If you can see the crack of her ass, you can see she’s mine because the tattoo says so.”  Unless, of course, his thing is to have her on display, in which case, go for it.

Okay, well, I suppose that’s good to know.

For clarification, it’s actually a woman wanting to claim another woman as their own. In fact, it’s multiple women all getting the same tattoo. Or that’s the idea anyway. Given the nature of the relationships, it made sense to have them do this and a tramp stamp seemed to work. But if it’s in one location, that can still work.

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, BronxWench said:

it seems odd that a man possessive enough to ink his woman with a claim mark would place it where she’d have to dress provocatively for it to show. It’s counter-intuitive, I’d think. “If you can see the crack of her ass, you can see she’s mine because the tattoo says so.”

Reminds me of an ancient joke I heard when I was a mere lad.

A young woman comes into an embroidery shop and asks the proprietor if they can do custom work on something delicate.  Asked what she means, she pulls a pair of nylons* out and says, “Up here at the top where it’s reinforced for the garter.”

Examining it, the owner says, “It’s kind of touchy but I think we could manage it.  What do you want it to say?”

“Something I saw on the back of a truck, ‘If you can read this you’re too close.’”

“Okay, would you like that in Roman or perhaps script lettering?”

“Braille.”

*I said it was ancient.

Edited by Seaman