Click Here!

Posting/editing stories

Guest Sinner

Hello! My apologies if there’s already a similar topic or I’ve posted this in the wrong place. I have just uploaded a Balto fic, however I noticed it’s ended up in the Misc cartoon AU category instead of the Balto category. I have tried to edit this several times but it doesn’t change. Here is the fic: https://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600096832

Please can you help?

Guest SentinelX

Hey there! I pretty much want to delete all my Originals and Celeb stories I’ve uploaded and start from scratch writing some new stuff. However, I can’t delete any existing stories or edit them. I keep trying and it says they’ve been deleted but when I check again they’re still there.

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1297008373&view=story

I can post new stories, no problem however. 

Anyways no rush, you’re all doing a great job getting the site up and running again. Just wondered if it is a problem on my end – I use vpns and an ipad to do my stories on.

Hmm. I’m not able to delete those stories either, and I’m getting the same message that the story is deleted. Yet when I refresh the page, the story is still there. let’s see if @manta2g can shed some light on this.

11 hours ago, Guest SentinelX said:

Hey there! I pretty much want to delete all my Originals and Celeb stories I’ve uploaded and start from scratch writing some new stuff. However, I can’t delete any existing stories or edit them. I keep trying and it says they’ve been deleted but when I check again they’re still there.

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1297008373&view=story

I can post new stories, no problem however. 

Anyways no rush, you’re all doing a great job getting the site up and running again. Just wondered if it is a problem on my end – I use vpns and an ipad to do my stories on.

Okay, deletions should be working again. Give it a try, and if you can’t delete the stories, let me know and I’ll do it for you.

Hi, BronxWench.

1 hour ago, BronxWench said:

Okay, deletions should be working again. Give it a try, and if you can’t delete the stories, let me know and I’ll do it for you.

I have yet to try an outright chapter or story deletion, since I have nothing to delete.  Editing and changing existing chapter content, including completely replacing the contents of a chapter, has worked.  Of course, these change have not imposed the new style sheets, even on chapters whose entire contents have been replaced.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Wilde_Guess said:

Hi, BronxWench.

I have yet to try an outright chapter or story deletion, since I have nothing to delete.  Editing and changing existing chapter content, including completely replacing the contents of a chapter, has worked.  Of course, these change have not imposed the new style sheets, even on chapters whose entire contents have been replaced.

Thanks.

I was able to delete a test story I created so I could make screenshots for the FAQs as I updated them. Earlier, that wasn’t working for me, but manta fixed it. We’re expecting to find a few things that need tweaking as we get back to business as usual, and of course we want to know if any member finds anything not working right. 

(And yes, I have more FAQs to update—I need a willing victim to let me use a story to illustrate how to recommend a story and add to one’s currently reading list. I’m not able to recommend my own stories or add them to my currently reading list, and I don’t want to just grab someone else’s story without asking nicely first. I know my WillowDarkling will let me play with a story, though. I just have to wait for our time schedule to sync again.)

45 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

I was able to delete a test story I created so I could make screenshots for the FAQs as I updated them. Earlier, that wasn’t working for me, but manta fixed it. We’re expecting to find a few things that need tweaking as we get back to business as usual, and of course we want to know if any member finds anything not working right. 

(And yes, I have more FAQs to update—I need a willing victim to let me use a story to illustrate how to recommend a story and add to one’s currently reading list. I’m not able to recommend my own stories or add them to my currently reading list, and I don’t want to just grab someone else’s story without asking nicely first. I know my WillowDarkling will let me play with a story, though. I just have to wait for our time schedule to sync again.)

I’d have no problems with you recommending one of my stories or adding it to your reading list.  I’m not sure anyone would.  Of course, leaving the recommendation or reading list add in place instead of just toggling it would be nicer, but either way, just let me know.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Well, I could say mine, but how about recommending all the halloween & holiday stories?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.