Click Here!

Account verification error

Guest JMJV

Guest same as above

I take it back, the first link doesn’t work because the paragraph change is improperly set in the email body. the word “Password” from the following line “Password reset second:” is apended to the end of the link. Removing the word “password” at the end of the link correctly activates the account, but nothing I can do will make the “password reset link” function. Even going through the website login form and getting a new “forgot password” link emailed directly to me apparently generates an invalid reset link.

There seems to be no way to reset the password, currently. 

1 hour ago, WillowDarkling said:

We need the url to your profile url in the Archive, the user IDs are not unique across the Archive if I remember correctly. 

Actually, user IDs are unique, so just the number is fine. :)

45 minutes ago, Guest same as above said:

Okay, you haven’t validated  yet, so I’ve sent you a validation link. Once that goes through, you should be able to reset the password.

Guest same as above

Provided link doesn’t lead to validation, it leads me to password reset.

Password Reset
This Password Reset is no longer Valid

And I get the same error message 😕

ARGH… I should be able to generate either a validation link or a password reset link, but given that everything’s in flux, I have no way of telling if there’s an issue with my validation link generator. Hopefully @manta2g can check that for me. The reset link definitely won’t work until the account is properly validated, that much I do know. :bash:

Guest dearreader

Same problem. I’ve tried multiple times to reactivate my account using the link I was sent. When I click at that (your) site—nothing. No further link, no information, just nothing. I don’t know whether there’ll be the same problem when I attempt to reset my password, but that may even be moot if I can’t ever reestablish my account.

Sorry, everyone! 

I’m waiting to hear back from @manta2g as to why neither link is working, and why I can’t generate an activation link. The problem is that the password reset won’t work until the account is properly validated, and since that link isn’t working, either in the email or in my link generator, we’re stuck. I don’t have the coding background to do more than yell for help, unfortunately.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.