Click Here!

Are we still in Read Only mode?

Guest Coldsilence

Guest Coldsilence

Hello!  I’ve been trying to reset my password because I’ve been getting warnings that it has been compromised, but when I try to reset, I get a system error message.  I understand that AFF has been in read only mode because of previous attacks by hackers.  I’m just wondering if its something that I’m doing wrong, or if we’re still in read only mode.

Thanks!

Hi!

We’re still in read-only mode. We’re at a point where we’re doing a massive clean-up of duplicate (and triplicate) accounts from before the last major code rewrite. Once we’ve gotten that done, our amazing coder, @manta2g, can begin the process of emailing all members so they can verify their email addresses and reset their passwords as Phase One of the unlocking process. The good news is that some of the moderating staff is able to help out with the clean-up at this point, so it won’t take nearly as long as if manta had to do it alone.

Stay tuned for that email from us!

Guest HumbleBrag
3 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Hi!

We’re still in read-only mode. We’re at a point where we’re doing a massive clean-up of duplicate (and triplicate) accounts from before the last major code rewrite. Once we’ve gotten that done, our amazing coder, @manta2g, can begin the process of emailing all members so they can verify their email addresses and reset their passwords as Phase One of the unlocking process. The good news is that some of the moderating staff is able to help out with the clean-up at this point, so it won’t take nearly as long as if manta had to do it alone.

Stay tuned for that email from us!

Is there an ETA on when the site might be functioning again? Can I get a ballpark of before Christmas or After New Year's?

I can’t give you a ballpark yet. I’ll have a better idea once we finish up this phase of the clean-up, which at the moment involves merging duplicate (or more) accounts for over 5,000 members. That’s a fairly time consuming job, but the moderating staff is able to help with this portion, which takes some of the load off @manta2g.

Believe me, as a writer myself, I’ve been itching to be able to post things again, so I’m highly motivated.

Guest Coldsilence

Thank you so much!  I am happy to hear that things are still moving and grooving behind the scenes.  I wish you all the best of luck and look forwards to being able to post again!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.