Click Here!

Making sure the site is still in read only mode

Deadman

Okay, just making sure the site is still under read only mode?

Curious because I see there’s all kind of discussion on this thread I don’t know I’m going to go through it all.

Also, I checked the main archive and it seems like I can go through the main process of adding a new chapter if I wanted to.

I assume it’s still in read only mode?

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

Okay, just making sure the site is still under read only mode?

Curious because I see there’s all kind of discussion on this thread I don’t know I’m going to go through it all.

Also, I checked the main archive and it seems like I can go through the main process of adding a new chapter if I wanted to.

I assume it’s still in read only mode?

We’re seeing this same thing with reviews. You can write a review, and post it, and the site will say that it uploaded, but the review is not there. If you add a chapter, it will appear to work but the chapter will not actually be posted.

2 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

We’re seeing this same thing with reviews. You can write a review, and post it, and the site will say that it uploaded, but the review is not there. If you add a chapter, it will appear to work but the chapter will not actually be posted.

I figured that. No worries, I’m happy to wait. It’s helpful though because it’s given me time to write more stuff that can get posted when it’s back up.

1 hour ago, WillowDarkling said:

Thank you kindly for your patience, and we will make an announcement as soon as the site is back up and running. According to what DG and Manta have told us, this attacker is beyond persistent, and they are working on this every moment they have to do so. 

Totally get it. I have a whole list of stories that I have been planning on writing and right before the problem of this hacker, I was worried that I wasn’t updating fast enough because I’m writing too slow. Now I don’t feel that way.

It’s going to be fun when it comes back on and hopefully it’s going to be enjoyed for people.

21 hours ago, Deadman said:

Totally get it. I have a whole list of stories that I have been planning on writing and right before the problem of this hacker, I was worried that I wasn’t updating fast enough because I’m writing too slow. Now I don’t feel that way.

It’s going to be fun when it comes back on and hopefully it’s going to be enjoyed for people.

As I said, it should allow you, and I, and the rest of us, to perfect our works; and I fully agree with you about it being excellent when it comes back to fully functional.

And you could still test it periodically, seeing what you can do as a regular member, just to get feedback on the site’s freedoms for members in the meantime… but I’d not submit something I really care that much about in terms of the test; to avoid real frustration.

Edited by Krulos

On 11/1/2022 at 7:44 PM, Deadman said:

In addendum; I am fully with you; there’re some stories I also really do look forward to posting here; and they’re very good ones as well… I am very happily surprised to run across works that appear to be very appropriate to read here- it is an absolute delight as an individual to read works that’re both chaste and also avoid mouthing off inside the works; refreshingly good stuff. So I do understand the whole desire in the meantime that you have.

19 hours ago, Krulos said:

In addendum; I am fully with you; there’re some stories I also really do look forward to posting here; and they’re very good ones as well… I am very happily surprised to run across works that appear to be very appropriate to read here- it is an absolute delight as an individual to read works that’re both chaste and also avoid mouthing off inside the works; refreshingly good stuff. So I do understand the whole desire in the meantime that you have.

Are you talking about my work specifically or just in general? Because your description sounds like my stuff in many ways but I’ve enjoyed many others who do that on this site.

4 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Are you talking about my work specifically or just in general? Because your description sounds like my stuff in many ways but I’ve enjoyed many others who do that on this site.

Works in general. Sorry for not being more specific- I should’ve been more clear in my reply, and I extend a hearty thank you to yourself for bringing that to my attention; but if your works are chaste and avoid mouthing off: that actually fills me more with eagerness to read your works- as they appear to be the proper kind of things to read and view… especially today.

23 minutes ago, Krulos said:

Works in general. Sorry for not being more specific- I should’ve been more clear in my reply, and I extend a hearty thank you to yourself for bringing that to my attention; but if your works are chaste and avoid mouthing off: that actually fills me more with eagerness to read your works- as they appear to be the proper kind of things to read and view… especially today.

Well maybe you should define chaste and avoid mouthing off then.

My understanding of it is that I try and hold to the fandom. For instance, I write a lot for the Buffy fandom and they aired on a network that didn’t have swear words or stuff that would be on HBO or the internet.

Not sure if that works for your idea of chaste and avoiding mouthing off.

32 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Well maybe you should define chaste and avoid mouthing off then.

My understanding of it is that I try and hold to the fandom. For instance, I write a lot for the Buffy fandom and they aired on a network that didn’t have swear words or stuff that would be on HBO or the internet.

Not sure if that works for your idea of chaste and avoiding mouthing off.

Yes, I should; “chaste” would be a story that either has no sexual contact between characters in it, or the actions are so hidden behind closed doors that nobody outside of the two knows of it; including the readers… but you are spot on with the need for me to be clear.

As for not mouthing off; that pairing does delight me almost to no end; it sounds like the kinds of works that ought to exist a lot more than they already do.

As soon as reviews are known to be fully functional, and if I remain able to reply; you should be able to expect some very praising reviews from myself to you for those works of that kind.

6 minutes ago, Krulos said:

Yes, I should; “chaste” would be a story that either has no sexual contact between characters in it, or the actions are so hidden behind closed doors that nobody outside of the two knows of it; including the readers… but you are spot on with the need for me to be clear.

As for not mouthing off; that pairing does delight me almost to no end; it sounds like the kinds of works that ought to exist a lot more than they already do.

As soon as reviews are known to be fully functional, and if I remain able to reply; you should be able to expect some very praising reviews from myself to you for those works of that kind.

Well, I would say that I have written that stuff, but what I post on this site in particular isn’t very chaste according to your definition.

I started out writing stories that don’t really involve getting physical with each other. Now I do both.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.