Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, had an idea for a joke. in game, fairies are fat little ugly things, and minions chase fairies but don;t hurt them.

Hiccup could tell the fairies he finds that he thought they looked differently and described the game one. The fairies ask who told him that nonsense, and back at the tower (because they're watching) maleficent (and maybe mim) are just staring at the guilty party while they try to brush it off. probably ursula, and maleficent mutters that one of these days the sea witch is going to wake up spherical if she’s not careful (referring to her canon design)

Later it turns out minions chase fairies to catch them and let them go again, like a dog chasing cars. Hiccup wonders why they do that since they usually have to be trained to do something like that, and back at the tower mim is laughing her head off. Maleficent is okay with this.

45 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

so, had an idea for a joke. in game, fairies are fat little ugly things, and minions chase fairies but don;t hurt them.

Hiccup could tell the fairies he finds that he thought they looked differently and described the game one. The fairies ask who told him that nonsense, and back at the tower (because they're watching) maleficent (and maybe mim) are just staring at the guilty party while they try to brush it off. probably ursula, and maleficent mutters that one of these days the sea witch is going to wake up spherical if she’s not careful (referring to her canon design)

Later it turns out minions chase fairies to catch them and let them go again, like a dog chasing cars. Hiccup wonders why they do that since they usually have to be trained to do something like that, and back at the tower mim is laughing her head off. Maleficent is okay with this.

22 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Also, if Zarina is doing her own experiments, is she the blacksmith character?

I admit that is rather funny, and while I had intended for the Tower to have a blacksmith, or likely several making armor and weapons for the Minions, I hadn't really considered Zarina for the role, intending for her to just carry out her own experiments, occasionally helping Hiccup with his and letting him use anything useful she developed. 

And now I'm struck with two ideas for potentially funny scenes…

1. The sorceresses tell Hiccup how the previous Overlord made the Minions scavenge battlefields for equipment, and at first he thinks they are teasing him, before declaring "My predecessor was an idiot!"

2. Hiccup and Zarina are experimenting by essentially just mixing ingredients to see what happens, and accidentally end up inventing blackpowder, and potentially fire arms

1 minute ago, Jwsponky said:

1. The sorceresses tell Hiccup how the previous Overlord made the Minions scavenge battlefields for equipment, and at first he thinks they are teasing him, before declaring "My predecessor was an idiot!"

2. Hiccup and Zarina are experimenting by essentially just mixing ingredients to see what happens, and accidentally end up inventing blackpowder, and potentially fire arms

While I can understand that not just giving them weapons is a mistake, scavenging is fairly cost-efficient and helps re-arm minions. The joke works and is right, but later down the line hiccups and co should lose their weapons and have to steal them, and he comments to himself “I just know they’re laughing at me”

Zarina the pirate fairy really wouldn;t be herself without pirate stuff, and the Chinese invented gunpowder fairly early on (only a hundred years after the first vikings. I checked). so what if hiccup accidentally invents gunpowder and is ranting about the possibilities, but she coughs awkwardly and holds up her pistols.

“… is that how those work”

“well I’ve been mixing pixie dust into ‘em to see what happens, but yeah”

you could give a gun to the sharp-eye minion and apprentice him to her…. actually maybe the minions queens could apprentice to some other girls.

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

While I can understand that not just giving them weapons is a mistake, scavenging is fairly cost-efficient and helps re-arm minions. The joke works and is right, but later down the line hiccups and co should lose their weapons and have to steal them, and he comments to himself “I just know they’re laughing at me”

Zarina the pirate fairy really wouldn;t be herself without pirate stuff, and the Chinese invented gunpowder fairly early on (only a hundred years after the first vikings. I checked). so what if hiccup accidentally invents gunpowder and is ranting about the possibilities, but she coughs awkwardly and holds up her pistols.

“… is that how those work”

“well I’ve been mixing pixie dust into ‘em to see what happens, but yeah”

you could give a gun to the sharp-eye minion and apprentice him to her…. actually maybe the minions queens could apprentice to some other girls.

Its been a while since I've watched the film on Netflix, so I don't recall if the pirates had pistols or if they stuck to cutlasses, but that is pretty funny

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

they had cannons at the least. and i think pistols.

Imagine hiccup about to ask for pistols for his minions, before Zarina asks him to think about what he just said. hiccup pictures the result and asks that zarina build canons and pistols only for herself. and maybe mistresses

That is admittedly a good point, I was just struck by idea of Hiccup's forces being capable of massed rifle volleys when the most advanced weaponry the enemy has is probably dwarvish crossbows.

11 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

i see the dwarves as cannon-capable for some reason…. unless that IS their idea of a crossbow

That is a good point, since as the fight with Goldo Golderson showed they're capable of making a steam engine and a flamethrower

A thought occurs to me about the gag of Hiccup expecting the fairies to look like their appearance in the second game. Given that Maleficent and Zarina are fairies and Hiccup would likely be aware of said fact, wouldn't Hiccup expect the other fairies to look like them, at most being confused that they don't have horns like Maleficent?

Edited by Jwsponky

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

also, remember that thing i suggested about short-stack fairies?

i found some images to help illustrate kind, as well as one of a transformation from shortstack to full-height

a bit nsfw though

Okay? Send the link if ye wish

That is a pickle, but it could work. Maleficent told him she wasn't like ither fairiea and didn't lile talking about it. So ursula 'helpfully' told her what they were like. He remembers afterwards and ursula explains. He immediatly has to atop himself asking the fairy about horns.

Okay so heres a fairy: warning. Naked: https://static1.e621.net/data/sample/6b/03/6b035406506527a9aada93d353dc37bd.jpg

And some more examples:an elflike girl in a shirt https://funnyjunk.com/channel/vidyagaems/Shirt/wNlqLjA/

Here's a proportion chart: https://e621.net/post/show/935950/big_breasts-big_butt-breasts-butt-clothing-female-

And the transformation sequence. Very nsfw and explicit. Just reminding you

https://img.rule34.xxx//images/1981/105e0e8fc4996f016ce1eff66e7b7bff.png

An idea for zarina. She's a platonic friend for hiccup at first, interacting with him as an equal and sharing the joy of experiments. She's been known to hijack the scrying spell and request ingredients in the area, and also to ask to come along in person. Discovery excites her, so after he first successfull mission, she grabs hiccup and kisses him on the lips. Hiccup gets dipped by a girl a less than quarter of his size. She's reluctant to take it further than friends though, because of the size issue, but mim sees and takes an interest. She persuades her to try and the tower power changes her like the transformation above. Mim probably reverse-engineers the transformation maleficent went throught too. I imagine the little pirate has a good set of abs too, and would love blacksmithing with her new body.

Edited by Strange_idea

13 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

That is a pickle, but it could work. Maleficent told him she wasn't like ither fairiea and didn't lile talking about it. So ursula 'helpfully' told her what they were like. He remembers afterwards and ursula explains. He immediatly has to atop himself asking the fairy about horns.

An idea for zarina. She's a platonic friend for hiccup at first, interacting with him as an equal and sharing the joy of experiments. She's been known to hijack the scrying spell and request ingredients in the area, and also to ask to come along in person. Discovery excites her, so after he first successfull mission, she grabs hiccup and kisses him on the lips. Hiccup gets dipped by a girl a less than quarter of his size. She's reluctant to takenit further because of the size issue, but mim sees and takes an interest. She persuades her to try and the tower power changes her like the transformation above. Mim probably reverse-engineers the transformation maleficent went throught too. I imagine the little pirate has a good set of abs too, and would love blacksmithing with her new body.

This is an idea, and I have been struck by another potential reason to explain why Hiccup wouldn't feel awkward about sleeping with his sisters or mothers be they blood or adopted, though I admit in advance it is a tad odd...

What if the sorceresses, with the intention if eventually sleeping with Hiccup themselves, taught him that while it wasn't discussed openly it wasn't uncommon for mothers or older sisters to sleep with their sons/younger brothers to teach them how to treat a lady, nor for mother in laws or sister in laws to sleep with their son in laws/brother in laws to make sure they were good enough for their daughter/younger sister?

Hmmm. That feels a bit too neat. While it explains some thing, it also robs us of character tension and the things we can do with that awkwardness.

What if, rather than directly since it would give the game away and they like control, they instead subtly tried to sexualise themselves to him and plant the idea in his head (to frustrating lack of success) like ursula asking to help or for help bathing, mim spending days at a time naked (that wasn't part od the plan though, she just felt like it) or grimhilde lecturing him what to look for in a potential queen. She's discribing herself. Maleficent is more power-behind the throne ish in her attempt, and asks that he turn his wife over to her for 'instruction' on how to best please him and her duties (she's trying to plant that image in his head).

Also, two more thoughts on it. First, what if they only intend for one of them to be queen, and didn't see the mistresses coming? They could initially be competing to get him to make them queen of the overlords kingdom and the bets are for 'attempts' to make it happen. it just goes wildly out of control. Hiccup on the rebound from toothless ends up collecting a few mistresses, and when he marries her toothless is the one to encourage hording mistresses, which sets up astrid and when they realise the potential (and with their ruse exposed after the orgy) they attempt to train the 2nd queen to snag what power they can (except maybe maleficent who genuinly wants a good man and life for her daughter. She's happy with how it turns out).

Which leads me to my second idea, which ties into this one. But i need to ask a question first, what are your plans for titania and tauri as characters?

Also what did you think of the fairy design? This is unrelated

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Hmmm. That feels a bit too neat. While it explains some thing, it also robs us of character tension and the things we can do with that awkwardness.

What if, rather than directly since it would give the game away and they like control, they instead subtly tried to sexualise themselves to him and plant the idea in his head (to frustrating lack of success) like ursula asking to help or for help bathing, mim spending days at a time naked (that wasn't part od the plan though, she just felt like it) or grimhilde lecturing him what to look for in a potential queen. She's discribing herself. Maleficent is more power-behind the throne ish in her attempt, and asks that he turn his wife over to her for 'instruction' on how to best please him and her duties (she's trying to plant that image in his head).

Also, two more thoughts on it. First, what if they only intend for one of them to be queen, and didn't see the mistresses coming? They could initially be competing to get him to make them queen of the overlords kingdom and the bets are for 'attempts' to make it happen. it just goes wildly out of control. Hiccup on the rebound from toothless ends up collecting a few mistresses, and when he marries her toothless is the one to encourage hording mistresses, which sets up astrid and when they realise the potential (and with their ruse exposed after the orgy) they attempt to train the 2nd queen to snag what power they can (except maybe maleficent who genuinly wants a good man and life for her daughter. She's happy with how it turns out).

Which leads me to my second idea, which ties into this one. But i need to ask a question first, what are your plans for titania and tauri as characters?

You make a good point, and I said in advance that the idea was a tad odd, though the idea of the sorceresses not intending for him to take mistresses is rather amusing, and I assume Mirage would be more irked than usual about being stuck as a house cat when she found out about the  competition

I admit my plans for them had mainly been for them to oversee Evernight Forest and the Golden Hills respectively, with Titania being rather similar to Galadriel of LotR in personality, a wise elvish queen  who tries to steer Hiccup more towards 'good', a fact that might cause her to but heads with the sorceresses from time to time, and Tauri would be similar to Tauriel from the Hobbit, a normally stern but caring (former) captain of the guard with skill at archery and healing 

Oh yeah, that reninds me, would mirage be second wife material? It be funny if she was the one who won the conpetition alongside the suitors when she wasn't even entered, and she'd be well established by then.

Okay, so hear me out on this, but what if they were illusions? As in, remember how i spoke of disguises for the mothers to wear when they have their first time? Well, what if titania and tauriel were two of the disguises. The sorcsresses take advantage.of the 'mistress' thing to sneak in an attempt at wooing hiccup but it doesn't go as well as they thought (i.e he doesn't marry her). Plus, coincidentally the two and their kingdoms work well with aurora and snow. The elf forest works well with aurora, and she is a sweet thing who tries to help and tbe dwarf lands is a natural fit for snow.

So what if titania was maleficent in disguise to make her grab (and mim stole the character the first time while she was distracted fretting over her recovered daughter) which she also uses to spend time with and be a mother for aurora. Maleficent modelled her idea of a wise, good ruler off of her belvoed goddaughter and gives hiccup 'goodguy' advice to keep up the charade based on what aurora would say or she would wish for aurora. And also because it's actually oddly liberating to be the gooduy in someone's eyes and she missed that. The sorceresses butting heads is equal parts diagust at what she's saying and mocking her for this plan, but hiccup only realises the first.

Tauri is grimhilde, she doesn't care about the dwarflands but would love to spite them by framing them for this and being left in charge. She portrays herself as the stern, wise leader because that's whar she thibks she is. She based the character off of her lectures on the perfect woman and what she learned from hiccup's responses. She's furious it doesn't work and blames the dwarves. Snow shows up and expresses a fondness for the place but is unrelated to grinhilde's ruse, though she does help them rebuild like 'tauri' is supposed to be doing.

As for how they got out of the tower, they disguised iduna, sent her out to be 'rescued' by hiccup and switched in for a night with the boy.

What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Oh yeah, that reninds me, would mirage be second wife material? It be funny if she was the one who won the conpetition alongside the suitors when she wasn't even entered, and she'd be well established by then.

Okay, so hear me out on this, but what if they were illusions? As in, remember how i spoke of disguises for the mothers to wear when they have their first time? Well, what if titania and tauriel were two of the disguises. The sorcsresses take advantage.of the 'mistress' thing to sneak in an attempt at wooing hiccup but it doesn't go as well as they thought (i.e he doesn't marry her). Plus, coincidentally the two and their kingdoms work well with aurora and snow. The elf forest works well with aurora, and she is a sweet thing who tries to help and tbe dwarf lands is a natural fit for snow.

So what if titania was maleficent in disguise to make her grab (and mim stole the character the first time while she was distracted fretting over her recovered daughter) which she also uses to spend time with and be a mother for aurora. Maleficent modelled her idea of a wise, good ruler off of her belvoed goddaughter and gives hiccup 'goodguy' advice to keep up the charade based on what aurora would say or she would wish for aurora. And also because it's actually oddly liberating to be the gooduy in someone's eyes and she missed that. The sorceresses butting heads is equal parts diagust at what she's saying and mocking her for this plan, but hiccup only realises the first.

Tauri is grimhilde, she doesn't care about the dwarflands but would love to spite them by framing them for this and being left in charge. She portrays herself as the stern, wise leader because that's whar she thibks she is. She based the character off of her lectures on the perfect woman and what she learned from hiccup's responses. She's furious it doesn't work and blames the dwarves. Snow shows up and expresses a fondness for the place but is unrelated to grinhilde's ruse, though she does help them rebuild like 'tauri' is supposed to be doing.

As for how they got out of the tower, they disguised iduna, sent her out to be 'rescued' by hiccup and switched in for a night with the boy.

What do you think?

This has potential, and on the topic of the mistresses, I may have mentioned this before, but I had the idea of adding a twist to the story by having Hiccup originally just recruit the mistresses to essentially just help him with the surprising amount of paperwork of actually running villages and kingdoms, possibly inspired by Rose's line "I think you could use someone like me."

And now I'm struck by an idea for the scene where said line is said, when Rose invites herself back to the Tower and talks/moves to quickly to be denied, Hiccup can only blink a few times in confusion before turning to the Netherghul and asking "What just happened?"

Well i did read that they were originally for managment but this? This is brilliant.

Seriously, since she isn't the main love interest i waz wondering what  you would do with rose, but this is probably one of the best things possible. I was going to suggest a cinderella connection, but this works so mich better. Maybe, being the wizard's daughter she also helps idunna and the sorceresses. The don't want to admit it, but they're impressed.

Great, now i'm seing her as sophie from howl's moving castle and batting minions in line with a broom.

What was your thought on the mirage thing?

And had a character idea for Zarina

15 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Well i did read that they were originally for managment but this? This is brilliant.

Seriously, since she isn't the main love interest i waz wondering what  you would do with rose, but this is probably one of the best things possible. I was going to suggest a cinderella connection, but this works so mich better. Maybe, being the wizard's daughter she also helps idunna and the sorceresses. The don't want to admit it, but they're impressed.

Great, now i'm seing her as sophie from howl's moving castle and batting minions in line with a broom.

What was your thought on the mirage thing?

And had a character idea for Zarina

I admit I have not heard of this Howl's moving castle, but I can see Rose trying to organize the Tower, and it would be kind of funny if Mirage was the one he picked, though now I'm stuck by the idea of Mirage dragging Hiccup to the nearest bed after finally regaining her original form, rather frustrated after years stuck as a house cat.

Proceed with the idea when ready

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.