Click Here!

clmustafic review reply and discussion

CL Mustafic

I, personally, love the way you write. As long as you keep writing stories, I'll keep reading them. I have an eclectic taste. While I do prefer M/M, I can read just about anything as long as it has a good story and has a bit of happiness at some point. I hate investing in a 30 chapter story for the author to just make everything fall apart and everyone end up unhappy. Promise of happiness will get me through a lot of pain. For instance, Picking up the Pieces is hard to read, but I know from Loving Sarajevo that there is light at the end of that tunnel. Another story I'm reading is a sequel to A Land of Gods and Kings named Beauty in the Ashes. Certain things happened that had me sobbing, that painful ugly kind of sobbing too, but I trust the author from talking to her, and I know that it'll work out in the end. For a reader to continue reading a painful story, it shows trust in the author to bring them through to the other side. If even a hint of light can shine through I know the sun will shine at some point. From reading you from the beginning, everything so far (except maybe Remembrances) has shown an ending with happiness, so I trust you and your writing not to rip my heart out without at least holding a bottle of Elmer's glue at the ready. As for how many stories you should publish? However many you wanna release, as long as you don't leave me hanging, and not update in like a year, or ever. I hate it when I'm reading a good story and they just disappear. The fact that your stories published to stories finished ratio is really good, again, I trust you. Plus, I'm a bit of a fan and will never say no to another story written by you ^_^ That being said, don't overwhelm yourself with writing so much that you burn yourself out trying to update so many things. I'd rather wait a bit to read a story you are happy with, than to read rapid chapters that you had to force. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future. To sum up this long ramble, publish what you want, screw what anyone else wants, these are all about you expressing what you want to get out. Even if you have no other readers, you'll always have 1 :D

Aww, Tahn, I can always count on you to give me good advice!

I'm really glad that you enjoy my stories. It's funny that you mention Remembrances because Katy will actually show up again in a most unexpected place! :D Part of the reason I didn't flesh her story out into a full length book was because I knew it would have an unhappy ending and didn't want people to get too attached to Jacob and then get upset that he died. I felt like Katy's story needed to be told but not in detail.

I really wouldn't be forcing anything by posting more stories. I already have a few chapters written of them and I keep churning them out even while writing and updating my current published stories. That's why I said it wouldn't effect how quickly I update since I'm already writing them all anyway. They're lighter stories too not so much angst, which would be nice for a change. It's my bouncy ball brain, I can't concentrate on one thing for too long so it gives my mind a break to write like ten stories at one time.

I'll think on it and maybe after my vacation, which starts on Friday (Yay! Beach!), I'll decide if I should post more or not.

Thanks for your input Tahn!

CL

Review Replies for The Heart Wants Chapter 12

Once again thanks to all who have read, rated and reviewed. I appreciate the support!

Not a lot to say about this chapter so we’ll just get on to the replies…

Aduial: Yep, he’s the man. Oh boy, I wouldn’t want to make you mad, of course I don’t have a cock for you to dump down the disposal but still, :wow: Yikes! Yeah, I think that Justin is probably the most mature out of the three of them and he’s been dealing with Shane for years so it’s really only Zeb that’s adding to his load (no pun intended :D) I’m glad reading doesn’t have any ill health affects so you can gorge all you want! If you haven’t checked yet, I did leave a reply for your review on Falling for Her, it should be up a couple of posts if you want to read it.

Tahn: I wanted Justin to beat the pulp out of him but he refused. I hate it when my characters have more morals then I do. Hum, not sure if it’s Sam or not, never gave it any thought, could be though, sounds a bit like him doesn’t it… :D That’s what I thought too, get in there and cuddle dummy!

Anon-ish: I’m glad it was him too because I don’t think Shane could have knocked him out with one punch! There’s so much on Justin’s plate right now. It’s going to take a few chapters for him to work through all of it. Thanks for the review!

Mona Thompson: Yeah, I really don’t get it either. I don’t think love can be wrong. It will take a while but eventually it will be accepted, I think, I hope, just like people came to accept interracial couples. It’ll take a while for Justin to get it out of Zeb who invited him to that party so you’re going to have to wait a bit… :D

Lisa: Yep me too! There’s a whole story behind that but yeah, part of it has to do with control and fear. It’s a smaller Midwestern city, there’s always going to be at least one homophobic d-bag cop, I’d tell you his name but… :taser: LOL Oh you have no idea how Justin’s hero routine will change some of the dynamics here… (did you hear the maniacal giggle there?)

That’s all for now, thanks again to all who reviewed! Chapter 13 is up now!

CL

Edited by CL Mustafic

Review Replies for Picking Up the Pieces Chapter 5

Thanks again to everyone that read, rated and reviewed!

Just wanted to let you all know that I’m heading out for a vacation on Friday so I’m not sure how much updating I’ll be doing in the next two weeks. Rest assured that I’m just lying on the beach, not abandoning my stories! Who knows I may still feel like writing but… :D

Oh my goodness, this is just so dark… I’m a bit depressed at how not happy this story is. Okay I’m just going to say this, the next chapter is still not a happy one but I think I may see a little improvement on the horizon… :D

Okay so on with the replies…

Mona Thompson: I know the gall those men have…someone needs to put a hurt on them, soon. I’m glad you liked that part. I think it’s telling of what kind of person Payne really is since his personality has gotten lost to his temporary insanity. I love to share! Thank you for reading and reviewing!

Jo: I know it was too much… sorry. Yeah well you’re not the only one but I fear you may want them even deader after the next chapter… sorry in advance!

Vidalhbea: review 1) Thanks, I’m glad you like it so far even though it’s a bit dark. I’m not trying to make him suffer, honestly I want him to be happy! I like that scene too, kids just love without restraint and I think that’s what Payne needs right now. Yep, I think Baz and Alan know something too. Review 2) OMG you read it twice! LOL Thanks, like I said I do it as much for my own mental health as the reader’s enjoyment. If I had to write depressing scene after depressing scene, I’d go nuts! Thanks for reviewing!

Lisa: I’m stalking you… shh don’t tell Tahn… :D Yeah, the DVD definitely didn’t help Payne’s state of mind. The next chapter should shed a little light on what’s going on as far as the videos. Oh Ralphie… can’t spoil that one for you, sorry. Yeah, they actually teach a course on that, it’s really interesting how you can read body language and facial expressions. :D

FortunateM: Yes, he definitely went over the edge but I think he’s strong enough to come back, if not for himself then for the people that love him. ;) And thank you!

Aduial: Yeah, it’s sad that he can’t let them get close to comfort him… They all do love him and he’ll get it eventually. I’m with you, I’m all for an eye for an eye style justice when it comes to heinous crimes… too bad we don’t make the laws. Getting closer to them actually meeting!

Sakura: Believe me, it’s not easy to write all those emotions so I feel for you when you have to read it. I’m glad it makes you angry though because it really pisses me off too! Yeah, I’d like to see every one of them tortured and then shot in the head… Maybe, at least one of them will get what’s coming to them but the others will have to go to jail… :( Thanks for reading and reviewing!

CoralReef: I’m so glad you like it! You’ll have to be patient though because I’m known for making my readers wait… Thanks for reviewing!

Tahn: Yeah, it was pretty low of them. We’ll see maybe he will… :D

Anon: Um… Was that a good OMG or a bad OMG? Guess I’ll never know.

Peabody: Thanks, I’m glad you like it. I’m trying to update as quickly as I can I promise!

Okay once again thanks to all who reviewed! Chapter 6 is up now!

CL

Oh my God! This is totally random but I just realized that I based all of my MC's looks on a mishmash of guys/movie stars I had crushes on when I was a teenager.

Ten points to anyone that can figure out where Gavin got his curly blond hair, even though I was only five when the movie came out. :P And you're never going to guess who Spence reminds me of, I'm not telling cause it might ruin him for you all! :shutup: I have some pretty weird taste in men, that's all I'm saying about that.

I know I'm late with this, but the first person I thought of was Christopher Atkins from The Blue Lagoon. I'm sure that you were talking about someone w/in the last fifteen years though. lol

I know I'm late with this, but the first person I thought of was Christopher Atkins from The Blue Lagoon. I'm sure that you were talking about someone w/in the last fifteen years though. lol

You got it in one Lisa! And yes I am that old. ;) I think I watched that movie a few hundred times when I was ten. Still love me some curly blonde hair. :D

Ha! You guys are funny, I like your stories much better than I like my own, but thank you ^_^ How do you set up a forum like this anyways? Once I get done with Dragon Mage I'm gonna be posting two stories at once, and I figure it would be better to have one of these thingies.

Edit: Never mind, I think I've figured it out :D

Edited by Tahn

@Tahn, I'm glad you figured it out. I woulda helped but I was probably dozing on the beach. LOL

Review Replies for The Heart Wants Chapter 13

Thanks once again to all who read, rate and review!

So I’m finally back from my vacation. I had internet and the time to write but the lure of the beach was just too strong. (Oh who am I kidding? It was the pina colada’s that kept me from doing anything worthwhile :P) But now I’m back and if I had an extra set of hands to type out all the stuff in my head you guys would have a few chapters right now but unfortunately I’ve only got one set of hands and I’m not the fastest typer. I promise I’ll have new chapters out in a few days.

Tahn: :D Who knows what Zeb’s up to… I’m not completely sure he’s as innocent as he seems. ;) He definitely needs to press charges! Make sure you and Lisa save me a piece of pizza, just leave it on the window sill. :ph34r:

Aduial: I’m glad you like Justin, I know that at the beginning people thought he was a bit of a jerk for dating Mandy to hide his sexuality but we all make choices and they’re not always good ones or popular ones. I think he’s the glue that will bind them in the end though! You shouldn’t have gotten too far behind since I was on vacation and just lounged about on the beach for ten days. Now I’m all recharged and ready to go again. :hug:

Anon-ish: Sorry, it really wasn’t supposed to be much of a cliffhanger, it just seemed like a good place to end the chapter. Yep Matt’s the investigating detective, lucky guy gets all the crappy cases. This story takes place approximately ten years after Picking up the Pieces, give or take.

Lisa: No shit, :sick: I think there was enough of that in the Doc’s house to last me a lifetime. LOL Yep, Matt’s on the case but Payne’s case was quite a few years past since this story takes place around ten years later so you’ll get to see a more mature and happy Payne too! I’m sorry about your computer :( try reading on a mobile device, they cool off faster. :D

So that’s all for now, thanks again to all who reviewed! Chapter 14 is up now!

CL

I'm glad you like it because it's my outlet right now. It seems all my other stories are at a sort of dark point so it's nice to have something lighter in tone to switch to when I get depressed by the other ones.

I have another one that's sort of humorous too but I can't think of a title for it so it's just sitting there collecting dust bunnies (and chapters).

Yeah, I've noticed the angsty darkness. I do enjoy them, but sometimes it's nice to relax on a happy sunny beach before delving back into the dark woods. Can you give a short summary of one you are looking for a title for without giving spoilers? Maybe your readers can help out with names?

Yeah, I've noticed the angsty darkness. I do enjoy them, but sometimes it's nice to relax on a happy sunny beach before delving back into the dark woods. Can you give a short summary of one you are looking for a title for without giving spoilers? Maybe your readers can help out with names?

Tahn I actually started a thread for help with it. You can take a look at it here http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/59921-title-help/ if you want. I would also be willing to send you the first chapter if you want to get a feel for it. I'm really stuck because nothing seems to fit or say what I want without either being extremely long or cheesy. LOL

Review Replies for Falling for Her Chapter 2

Once again thanks to all who read, rate and review! I appreciate the support especially on this one since well… yeah you all know why.

So there’s not a whole lot to say other than sorry it took so long for this update. Vacation was actually just that and I didn’t do anything other than relax and enjoy some family together time on the beach. But I’m back and rest assured that the updates will be coming at a steady pace once again!

So on to the replies (only two this time, :P)

Tahn: I couldn’t leave Riley behind, I love him too much so they have to move closer! I’m sure Becca will have issues but thankfully she has a good foundation of trust with Gavin and Lex already so that will help. I actually started out writing a different story where Lex and Gavin had already been together for about ten years and I decided that I liked their back story when Gavin was telling it to someone else so I wrote it. They were always meant to be a threesome with a woman so it’s always been the plan. This story is going to be a bit of a bumpy ride and I know that some people will not be happy with me in the end… Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do I guess… :D

Peabody: I’m glad you decided to give it a chance. I hope you won’t stop once Becca enters the relationship because really it’s going to be fine, I promise there will still be plenty of Lex and Gavin moments. :D Thanks for the review!

Thanks again to all who reviewed! Chapter 3 is up now!

CL

Sure! I sent you my e-mail addy on tumblr. Don't apologize for making them a threeway, if it fits with your vision of what they were meant to be, then that's what they need to do. I can't wait to find out what happens.

Review Replies for Strip Me Bare Prologue and Chapter 1

Thanks to all who gave this new one a chance and read, rated and reviewed.

I’m trying for something a little different here and it took me about nine chapters to find what it was so please bear with me for a bit. The chapters are a bit shorter on this one so it won’t take too long for it to start to have some direction.

So on to the replies:

Aduial: Hi! Glad to see you made it home from your business travels safely! I’m glad you like Erik and yes, I was going for a normal average guy who’s caught up in a world where looks are very important (or maybe he just thinks they are ;)) I have a lot of free time on my hands. LOL Don’t be jealous, I’m sure whatever you’re writing is probably way better than anything I manage to pound out. I have no filter so I just let it flow. :D I’m so glad you like my stories, it makes me happy to hear that!

Vidalhbea: review 1: Thanks and I’m glad I have you on the line! Yeah he’s really insecure and I think part of his jerky, snarkiness comes from that deep dark place inside him. I know I loved the Fresh Prince too! Review 2: I don’t know where I get them either these people just hang out in my head and eventually I start writing about them so they’ll shut up and leave me alone. (Did I mention I may be a bit crazy?) Bree is really a good friend and she’s a bit more sane than Erik is so it’s a nice balance. Lance will show up again… and again but… well I can’t tell you cause that would spoil the story. Of course you can have another chapter. :D Review 3: I’m glad it’s even better on the second read. Of course he’s being too picky! I appreciate your patience and also your reviews! :D

Tahn: :D I’m glad you like it cause his sense of humor is basically mine I guess since he resides in my head, so yeah. LOL It’s too funny to think like that since I basically see him as a totally different person from me like all my characters he has a life of his own… Again yes I’m crazy and no I don’t have so much free time because I’m in the loony bin, it’s hard to type in a straight jacket.

RK: Yes, he’s supposed to come off as a bit of a jerk and also self absorbed to some extent but I think his attitude is something he uses to protect himself because he’s insecure about himself. We’ll see maybe he’s just an ass and well that would suck, right? Give it a couple more chapters and we’ll see…

Lisa: Review 1: I’m so glad you like it! I’m trying for a different tone, not so much angst and drama (well a little drama but not much and a lot of it is in Erik’s head). I use this story as a pressure relief when my other stories are all dark and depressing. I’m glad you like Erik because he can be sort of bitchy and I was hoping people wouldn’t be too put off by him before we get to the meat of the story. Review 2: I used to drink Boone’s Farm, the strawberry one I think, now it would make me gag since I’m a big girl and take my wine dry. LOL Lance has his good points but I think Erik may have already made up his mind about him (not to say he won’t maybe give him a chance ;)) No spoilers for you! Oh and I watched the Blue Lagoon again the other day and I have to say, I had excellent taste when I was ten. :P

Okay so that’s all for now. Thanks again to everyone who reviewed, I always love to hear what you all think. Chapter 2 is up now!

CL

I actually had a rough idea of Matt and Payne's story before Loving Sarajevo. it's funny because the story in my head evolved a lot by the time I started writing it and it really looks nothing like it started out originally. It happens with a lot of my stories, by the time I get around to writing them they change or in the process of writing them they go in a direction that I hadn't planned.

All of my characters are in the same universe so they pop up here and there sometimes in just bit parts but in others they actually make a bigger impact. Like Payne in The Heart Wants, he'll be around quite a bit while Zeb gets his life back.

A little fun fact; Gage was Lex's college boyfriend. ;) I'ma gonna work on that timeline and how all the stories intersect for you as soon as I get the next chapter of Picking Up the Pieces done. I'm close but really struggling with how much detail to go into on Matt's work on Payne's case. I'm thinking I should just gloss over the details so that I can focus on how their relationship unfolds. I've even gone as far as maybe getting Matt kicked off the case once he gets more involved in Payne's personal life.

Nope Magus, nothing interesting happened at all...

We all just sit around waiting for you to make our lives interesting. We've been hella bored up in here without you to liven things up. :P

Nope Magus, nothing interesting happened at all...

We all just sit around waiting for you to make our lives interesting. We've been hella bored up in here without you to liven things up. :P

As it should be ;)

Review Replies for Picking Up the Pieces Chapter 6

Once again, thanks to all who read, rate and review!

I’m sorry this next update has been a bit delayed. I was on vacation and then… I had a small attack of nerves so thanks to my loyal reader, Tahn for giving me her opinion on the upcoming chapter thus giving me the confidence to post it. I hate transitional chapters, they’re hard to write (and probably suck to read too).

So on to the replies…

Aduial: Of course there’s drama coming up. And yes, I have four kids, I’m well versed in cartoons, I have to say that I love Ferb but I draw the line at writing fanfiction (not that there’s anything wrong with that but it’s just not my style). I wasn’t sure how many would catch the Narnia thing or if it would be as funny to anyone else as it was to me (I have a strange sense of humor :P) so I’m glad you thought it was funny enough to share with others! Yay I’ve officially made it! (Well in my mind at least.) I needed to confuse poor Matt a bit ;) and having Payne act like it was nothing to touch him certainally did the trick. Yeah it is pronounced pain and yes he’s had plenty. I always love to hear that people like my side characters because it means that they’re not just paper cut outs.

Angel-Cake: Um… first off I just have to ask – Why on earth have you been avoiding this story?!? Did I offend you somehow? Or is it because of the trite and clichéd title and blurb? Oh well whatever it was I’m glad you were lured over to the dark side. Yeah Ralphie… no he’s not been trafficked but his fate still hangs in the balance… I’m glad you like it so far and you don’t have to write great prose to be able to tell someone what you like or don’t so thanks for making the effort for me, I appreciate it. And yes, unfortunately Payne has to suffer some setbacks but sometimes unexpeceted things come from the traumatic. :D

Vidalhbea: Thanks, I’m so glad you’re still enjoying it. I just wanted people to see why Stella was so passionate about these types of cases. Matt had to tell her… I think he did at least… hope it wasn’t a mistake. LOL Thanks and thank you for the review and continued support!

Tahn: Yeah, so did I. I guess I figured Baz for a bad friend but not Ralphie. I bet Payne would have known something was up if he’d have been in his right mind. Well you got a sneak preview of how it went down. I hope it wasn’t a huge disappointment. Thanks again for the help and encouragement!

Mona Thompson: Oh crap. I didn’t realize that I left it on a crappy cliffhanger for so long! Darn beach vacations, sorry.

FortunateM: Yes, I think you’re right about Payne not believing that Matt is actually real but he can’t deny the reality of it for long. You’re most likely right about Matt not mentioning his unprofessional visit to Payne’s hospital room. I’m not sure he fully understands why he was there in the first place and I believe he’s confused about their encounter while he was there. I’m so glad you like it and hope that this next one continues to keep you entertained. :D

SlashArtist: Wow, thanks for the review. I’ve been looking for the time to read For Fake’s Sake, it’s on my to do list. I’m so glad you liked it and thank you for the compliment, it’s always nice to hear that from another writer. One can never have too many fans! *Winks cheekily at Tahn* (close your blinds girl :P)

Lisa: I know it’s horrible. Baz is scum and so are his boyfriend and his friends, there’s no excuse for people like them. There will be some surprises when it comes to the FBI but I’m not telling. I’m glad he told Stella too. I think it will make their partnership stronger. Narnia! LOL I know I shouldn’t say it but I love that line too. Hey! I like chocolate and salt! Chocolate covered potato chips are my favorite. (great now I crave them!) :D

Okay that’s all for now. Again sorry for the delayed update and thanks again to all who reviewed. Chapter 7 is up now!

CL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.