Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Guest Alexander PaleDrake

So, just read the chapter, and one thing I noted as I read was Alan’s reaction to Amanda being much “peppier” than she’s been and Amanda’s reaction to Jack’s white-knighting. It struck me because there’s been some thoughts I’ve had about the whole “Alan being a dick to Amanda since January of the current in-story year or when he and Kelly started sleeping together (whichever came first)” thing. My thoughts can be summed up as “Alan Harrison can fuck himself”. Now, I know Amanda and Alan both made mistakes in their relationship, but it’s just so...infuriating how Alan seems to be (could be, is) punishing Amanda for her dating Sam.

A message to Alan Harrison: I’m sorry, but Alan Harrison? YOU were the reason she decided (probably the primary one) as to why she dated Sam. I mean, what, did you think Amanda would still be waiting for you after the one month of you being a pissy asshole to her? Really? Also, what is so baffling of your reaction is how you both made up and (I’d say) had a chance to tell your parents to pound sand and get back together. I get why you didn’t (didn’t want to rock the boat any more than it was already rocked, plus maybe Amanda was still hurt over you basically telling her you were done with her (the one month pissy-fest you had)). Even so, if you ever even once thought or still are thinking she'd be your rebound girl (most correct term) after you basically decided to replace her with Kelly (also punishing her for Sam-may be subconsciously and not consciously), you are just delusional (again, best word I could find). She basically said to Jack, around July, that you both were done and even if she wanted (emphasis here) to get back with you, the parents would be the obstacle.

So, to end the rather disjointed rant against Alan, I’d just like to say this: as of now, Amanda wanting to be Alan’s rebound is not going to happen. Hell, she’s at the point where she's glad he’s not talking to her (side note, main reason why I believe their relationship fell apart-the lack of will to communicate with each other). To be blunt, it seems like it'd take something big to happen to either one before they can even become friends again, let alone get to the point where Amanda would even contemplate getting back together with Alan (earliest this could happen, maybe; their senior year, as it would be up to them to fight the battles for that, not use Jack to do it). Final thought: I would say I’m a massive supporter of the twins being together but I'll be realistic and acknowledge it’d take quite a bit for that to happen again as it wouldn’t seem too natural in terms of story flow for them to get back together in Jack’s senior year (then again, Jashley could make it work), and I now understand why ThisMy and others have issues.

I figured I would just post this as it seems like there could be a confrontation between the twins, mainly where Amanda tells Alan they’re through and it seems like it’s been a long time coming.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, Guest Alexander PaleDrake said:

I figured I would just post this as it seems like there could be a confrontation between the twins, mainly where Amanda tells Alan they’re through and it seems like it’s been a long time coming.

It seems to me that the twins already know that they’re through with each other but you’re right that there’s a confrontation coming.  The fact that Amanda admitted she’s been talking to a classmate but won’t say who suggests that it’s someone Jack knows.  I thought at first it might be Kelly but now I have someone else in mind.

I like Jack’s observation that his Lit teacher, Ms. Pallin, doesn’t like guys.  That could be interesting.

Guest DanielT

I’m curious about which of the varying things that are going on people are most interested in right now.

For me, at the moment…

1. Jessica vs. Jack, the drama pairing.  The idea that they have to pretend to be in love with each other is hilariously horrifying and it definitely leaves you wondering how Jack will approach it and how it will turn out.
  2. Amanda’s new friend, who is it!?  I wonder if it’s Nick.  With the lunch hours thing going on at the same time, that would be… interesting.
  3. What does Brad have to say?  How will everyone react?  What if he is a better person now, will Jack move on?  Does he believe in rehabilitation provided by the prison system?
  4. I miss Rhona!  So I’m interested in whatever will come next from her end of things, whenever that will be.  I understand the need for things to be done at the right time, though, so no rush, just letting Jashley know I already miss her. :D
  5. Kind of still curious about this “too familiar” thing.  It might be a nothing comment that never returns, but it seems much more interesting to me than “this teacher is sexist”.  In all reality I’d probably prefer that Jack isn’t on the prejudiced-against side next time a prejudice topic comes up.  It’d be interesting to see how he manages being favoured instead of victimised, because Jack does certainly love to play the victim.

Keep up the good work, Jashley.  Thanks for another chapter. :)

13 hours ago, Guest DanielT said:

What does Brad have to say?  How will everyone react?  What if he is a better person now, will Jack move on?  Does he believe in rehabilitation provided by the prison system?

Remember what Mike Harrison said to Jack about the restraining order back in Chapter 61—

“He cannot contact you in any way, shape, or form. If he does, he’s getting tossed right back inside.”

This means that Brad is already in violation of his parole for just calling Jack.  If he wanted to, Jack could simply tell his dad and Brad would be gone.  Of course, we know that won’t happen. :)

Guest Alexander PaleDrake
40 minutes ago, Chester57 said:

Remember what Mike Harrison said to Jack about the restraining order back in Chapter 61—

“He cannot contact you in any way, shape, or form. If he does, he’s getting tossed right back inside.”

This means that Brad is already in violation of his parole for just calling Jack.  If he wanted to, Jack could simply tell his dad and Brad would be gone.  Of course, we know that won’t happen. :)

Doesn’t that agreement also extend to people other than Jack like Belle and Jessica (and just remembered Joe)? Was just wondering cause, if so, why haven’t they simply told their parents to get rid of Brad?

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, Guest Alexander PaleDrake said:

Doesn’t that agreement also extend to people other than Jack like Belle and Jessica (and just remembered Joe)? Was just wondering cause, if so, why haven’t they simply told their parents to get rid of Brad?

Jashley didn’t say exactly, but I’m going to assume that the restraining order applies to everyone in the group (as well as Jessica and Ted).  So far as we know Brad has only called Jack and Jessica.  She’s probably too scared to tell her folks so it remains to be seen what Jack will do.

3 hours ago, Guest DanielT said:

Didn’t he also contact Joe?  I think he did.  Joe hung up immediately if I recall correctly.

If he did, then Joe would have been too embarrassed to tell his folks— especially his dad.  That’s why he’s talking with the counselor.

This is off-topic, but did anyone see Riverdale last night?  I was looking for something to watch before President Trump’s interview and settled on this.  Before it started I went on Wiki to get a synopsis.  The series is a high school drama based on the ‘Archie’ comics, which I haven’t read in decades.  [Damn, who knew all those 25-cent ‘graphic novels’ would become so valuable?]  The show has some established actors as well as a bunch of newcomers playing Archie and the gang.

Anyway, as I watched I couldn’t help but draw some parallels between Riverdale and SITO.  I guess that there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to high school— except for a girl group called Josie and the Pussycats!  :)

Hey guys! So I’m sorry about the lack of updates but go ahead and just chalk that up to classes and stuff. I’ve also been busy getting a house for my wife and I near my school and that just went through :) Reality Check and update to be coming soon. Closing in on the end of the next chapter.

So...a little embarrassing but I went through the previous chapter and realized that a Reality Check at this point would be much of a retread. I mean, Jack’s interactions at school mirror my own (a trend for the beginning of his school years) and everything else is mostly from my brain. I didn’t want to waste your time by just reposting exactly what I had said before so...Yeah, just go ahead and reread previous Reality Checks to get an idea for where I’m coming from while writing.

HOWEVER!

Since I don’t want to leave you all in the lurch waiting for my next chapter to come out, I have decided to give you something a little bit extra. Since I love movies so much and I enjoy writing critiques and the like, I thought I might share my Top Ten Best and Worst Films of 2016. Personal opinion of course. I won’t give each a full review but I figure a little tag on each might suffice :)

Honorable Mentions

- Conjuring 2

- Swiss Army Man

- Kubo and the Two Strings

- Fences

- Arrival

Top Ten Best Films of 2016

1. Pete’s Dragon
    A heartfelt, tender retelling of a Disney classic with amazing performances and some of the most surprisingly subtle characterization I’ve seen in a film in quite some time.

9.  Midnight Special
          A surprisingly tense and heartfelt thriller about the beginnings of fanaticism and the lengths parents will go to protect children who are ‘different’.

8.  Zootopia
          A film about racism and class injustice for kids? That doesn’t insult their intelligence? Looks like Hollywood doesn't just think kids are morons anymore.

7.  The Witch
          The best horror film of the year, one that relies purely on the tension of impending doom to create an atmosphere laden with dread and religious exhaustion.

6.  Manchester By The Sea
          A surprisingly funny film about grief that realizes that nothing hits harder and more honestly about grief and recovery than finding the humor we use to steady ourselves.

5.  Moonlight
          A remarkable feat of filmmaking that manages to track the life-course of a young man struggling with sexual identity and class restriction, filmed as though we are eavesdropping on a real life.

4.  The Edge of Seventeen
          Not since Easy A have we seen John Hughes’ winning style used so effectively, nor have we seen quite so honest a film about teenagers since his heyday, not afraid to delve into the complex, darker areas of teenage life that many don’t acknowledge.

3.  Silence
          Yet another masterpiece from Martin Scorsese, earning a place among the best religious films of all time and offering a sobering mediation about man’s search for God in the midst of doubt.

2.  La La Land
          As fun and vibrant as the homage to the musical films of yore is, the most remarkable feat this film manages is compellingly going beyond the expected ending to show what happens after.

1.  Everybody Wants Some!!
          Though not as perfect as Boyhood, Richard Linkater’s spiritual follow-up to Dazed and Confused acts as both a time-capsule and timeless celebration of youth, competition, and the bonds we don’t even try to make.

Dishonorable Mentions

- The Neon Demon

- Zoolander 2

- Norm of the North

- Fifty Shades of Black

- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (purely for the disappointment factor)

Top Ten Worst Films of 2016

1. Dirty Grandpa
    Did you want to watch Robert De Niro embarrass himself in a role that looks like they had to wave a paycheck at him off-screen to keep him on-screen? I thought not.

9.  Warcraft
          Faithful to the source material though it may be, this film didn’t have the boredom of watching someone play the video game...it had the boredom of having someone read the instruction manual.

8.  Independence Day Resurgence
          Nothing beats waiting twenty years to bring back half the actors who have half the interest for a story with half the excitement and half the effort.

7.  13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
          Michael Bay yet again takes a compelling real life story and uses it as window-dressing for another loud, boring, spectacle-filled light show that has all the emotional sincerity of spoiled milk.

6.  Gods of Egypt
          Because white-washing some of the most interesting mythos in history is a great way to disguise some of the most painfully awful CGI and direction you’ll ever have to suffer through.

5.  God’s Not Dead 2
          Yet another straw-man film that attempts to portray atheism as a no-holds-barred war on religion and argues that black-and-white is the only way to see the world.

4.  Nina
          About as insulting as a biopic can get, full of terrible acting, lackluster direction, and a completely cowardly approach to one of the most influential and interesting African American singers.

3.  Collateral Beauty
          An offensive, lazy, and shockingly inept film about grief that frames horrible deeds as the machinations of some ‘higher purpose’ and features top-notch actors giving career-worst work.

2.  Hillary’s America: A Secret History of the Democratic Party
          Personal politics aside, it’s hard to argue with the factually-lazy, morally-bankrupt, evidence-free nature of this ‘documentary’, made by a criminal who legitimately believes he was imprisoned because he spoke ‘The Truth’.

1.  I’m Not Ashamed
          Christian propaganda films, whatever your religious beliefs, have almost always been insulting. But making one about the Columbine massacre and using it to prop up your agenda? That’s a new kind of low.

These are just my personal opinions! If you agree or not, that’s perfectly fine :) I should have the next chapter up in the next few days.

Guest A Cheap Lemon

I was chilling with a mate of mine the other day and we ended up talking about some books that we've read. Somewhere in that discussion I remembered that around 3 or so years ago I was pretty hooked on this one series on the web, checking like every other day if there was a new chapter out on the forums or comments or whatever. Then Uni happened and I completely forgot about it.

I went on this site again today expecting the series to be either finished or abandoned, but holy shit you're still doing this, and that's amazing. What, it's been like 3-4 years now since you started this way back over on the other site?

And now there's 64 chapters. I think I ended up stopping somewhere between 30-35? I'm probably just gonna re-read the whole thing as a refresher anyway (goodbye my spare time).

I remember this thing being one of the most entertaining, relatable and exciting stories that I've ever read. Here's hoping that the next week or two I spend reading this thing over again brings back that feeling.

Keep up the good work.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:11 AM, Guest A Cheap Lemon said:

I went on this site again today expecting the series to be either finished or abandoned, but holy shit you're still doing this, and that's amazing. What, it's been like 3-4 years now since you started this way back over on the other site?

The story starts with Jack going into his sophomore year so it’s been roughly 2½ years. 

One thing about Jack that never ceases to amaze me is his uncanny ability to dig his own grave with his mouth.  He managed to piss off Belle, Jessica and Kayla just by talking too much.  Actually, I wish Jack would have had his sex dream about Ms. Cartwright instead of Jessica and then told Kayla about it— that would have been funny!  Speaking of which— I wonder if Ms. Cartwright is playing games with our hero?  They can’t have a ‘personal’ talk’ unless she initiates it?  Sounds like a tease to me.  [And once again, Mr. Author, please give her a first name!]  :)

Pretty good chapter with a decent cliff hanger.  Brad’s dad should be great fun.

Edited by Chester57
Add text

Guest DarkRomantics1

Ahaha so much story to catch up on and i dont even remember the chapter i was on.

lost the use of my old account because of my old laptop and old log in info long lost.

time to read and read. northeast is getting more snow tomorrow. gonna curl up near the fire with some of your work Joe

3 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

Hey everyone :) just got my wife and stuff moved into our new house.

Congrats!  Jeez, that’s two houses in two years.  Are you going to be staying put for a while or you don’t know yet?

Guest DanielT

Raised my eyebrows at the Jessica sex dream, nice twist to throw into the mix.  Still interested to see how them having to take romantic acting seriously with each other will turn out, or if they’re both just going to bomb their class somehow instead.  I can see quite a few openings for interesting developments opening up around the story at the moment.  Oddly enough the Brad thing is probably the most straight forward of the things being dealt with so far.

Also found it interesting that he mentioned that he’d have preferred Amanda.  Goes to show that, one way or another, she has left a mark on his mind fantasy-wise.  Perhaps the kind he’s telling himself doesn’t exist for obvious reasons.  I guess the same could be said for Jessica for completely different reasons.

Sorry for lack of info but just started my new class and I'm basically spending all my free time either studying or on duty. I'm stI'll writing tho! The wife and I are going out of town for part of the weekend but most of the next chapter is done and I hope to have it up by Monday or Tuesday :)

21 hours ago, Jashley13 said:

New chapter will be posted tomorrow :)

Well, I just got home … fed the dogs … sat down in my comfortable leather recliner … turned on the laptop expecting to see Chapter 65 … and now I’m depressed.  Fortunately, I am patient  :mellow:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.