Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Jashley, serious question. Do Jack and Kayla have a song? Like it's 'their song.' Because the closest I can get is Under Pressure, and I'm not sure that one counts. If anyone else can answer this I'd take. Maybe we don't know 'their' song or maybe they just don't have one. 

1 hour ago, thismy said:

Jashley, serious question. Do Jack and Kayla have a song? Like it's 'their song.' Because the closest I can get is Under Pressure, and I'm not sure that one counts. If anyone else can answer this I'd take. Maybe we don't know 'their' song or maybe they just don't have one. 

I don’t think they’ve ever talked about their favorite music— at least that I can recall.  At the Homecoming dance Jack said that ‘Under Pressure’ was one of his favorite songs.  I’m trying to remember when Jack and Kayla actually did have a slow dance.  He got banned from the Prom last year so I don’t know where else they could have settled on a special song.  Perhaps Jashley can remedy that when Valentine’s Day comes around.

2 minutes ago, Chester57 said:

I don’t think they’ve ever talked about their favorite music— at least that I can recall.  At the Homecoming dance Jack said that ‘Under Pressure’ was one of his favorite songs.  I’m trying to remember when Jack and Kayla actually did have a slow dance.  He got banned from the Prom last year so I don’t know where else they could have settled on a special song.  Perhaps Jashley can remedy that when Valentine’s Day comes around.

They once talked about a song they hated - 'Want U Back' by Cher Lloyd. That's the only other mention of music I can recall, really. 

Guest johnnyreb1861

Been reading sense day one  on old site an dude you rock an thanks for your service man great story keeps ya on the edge of your seat with drama an good relaxed seens to

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:17 AM, Jashley13 said:

A very Happy New Year to you all...:)

Thanks, Joe… and congratulations on your promotion to ‘Groper’ status!

On 1/5/2017 at 6:00 AM, Guest johnnyreb1861 said:

Been reading sense day one  on old site an dude you rock an thanks for your service man great story keeps ya on the edge of your seat with drama an good relaxed seens to

Join the forum! Create an account and add to the discussion.

Guest DanielT

I’ve tried to create an account about 5 times, I’m guessing someone out there doesn’t like me. xD  But yeah, just wanted to say I too have been reading this since the early days when it was on the blue site, along with Bashful’s stuff (chapter 18 of Bashful’s stuff = dude holy crap).  Love both stories.  If anyone knows of any similar ones, feel free to let us know!  Sometimes it’s nice to have something to read during the wait… although I’m happy to wait for the good content so don’t take that as a sign to rush, jashley. :)

57 minutes ago, Jashley13 said:

Next chapter will be up today :)

Thanks!  One thing that I’ve been wondering about is the friction that seems to be coming from both Joe and Kayla.  Joe’s crack, “Because that’s what you do,” and Kayla’s cynical “Nothing” comment tells me that they’re both fed up with Jack doing anything that even might call attention to himself.  Be interesting to see where this leads since we all know that Jack can’t help but call attention to himself.

Also, what do you think Joe is really up to?  Going to the counselor’s office before Homeroom on the first day?  Forgetting his phone?  Could be that he’s trying to distance himself.

Good chapter.  A few things I noticed—

It’s been a year and a half since Brad was expelled and jailed but Jack, Jessica and Joe are obsessed with the possibility that he’s got some Machiavellian scheme to get revenge.  I think that Rhona was right— if Brad was going to cause trouble, it would have happened by now.  He’s got to be afraid of violating the restraining order and going back to prison which is why he took off after accidently running into the group.  They need to forget about him.  Especially Jack.

Ms. Cartwright’s attitude toward Jack when he approached her seemed a little weird considering their past history.  I wonder if she’s been hit on while at school and this is her defense mechanism when a student gets too close?  We’ll see.

Who do you think Amanda is so chummy with all of a sudden?  Obviously, a classmate— but boy or girl?  I’m betting girl.

26 minutes ago, Caide said:

Also why do I have a bad feeling that Amanda is talking to brad

The reason I think Amanda was talking to a classmate is that she said, “Oh, okay!  I thought you were talking about the assignment...”  Also, I don’t think she would sound so giggly and happy if talking to Brad.

Edited by Chester57
Add text

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:56 AM, Infamous said:

Something tells me that Kayla is getting tired of jacks shit. I think he might get the “I think we should take a break” speech 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:44 AM, Caide said:

yep I'm starting to agree, if he doesn't get his head out of his ass.

I’d almost like to see it happen.  Especially now that Jack is going to be spending a lot of one-on-one time with Jessica playing kissy-face as George and Emily in Our Town.  I’d love to see Kayla get insanely jealous.  What this story needs is a good knock-down, drag-out cat fight. :angry:

Guest DanielT

I’d like to see it happen, honestly.  There is only so much you can bring to the table with Kayla & Jack romance at this stage – as much as I adore the story, I must concede I do quietly miss those early chapters.  I mean, it’s weird.  I want Kayla & Jack to remain together forever, but at the same time, I absolutely long for seeing how Jack’s world would develop if she weren’t in the picture right now.  Mostly because I’d love to see a story from the perspective of Rhona, Jessica, Amanda, etc.  Perhaps in the distant future, jashley can write their stories once Kayla & Jack are done going through the motions of a set-in-stone romance where, because of the title, you know everything is going to work out in the long run and Jack isn’t going to shift his feelings away from Kayla to someone new.  It’s sort of like with The Simpsons – if Marge and Homer get upset with one another, we all know they’re going to work it out by the end of the episode.

This isn’t a criticism of jashley though, the story is still riveting regardless and I read every chapter excited to find out what interactions Jack will have next with the rest of his world.

10 hours ago, Guest DanielT said:

I’d like to see it happen, honestly.  There is only so much you can bring to the table with Kayla & Jack romance at this stage – as much as I adore the story, I must concede I do quietly miss those early chapters. 

Know exactly what you mean but those days are gone.  When the story began Jack was a model student who never caused a problem.  Now, however, he has the reputation of a trouble-maker and the distinction of being Number One on the principal’s shit list.  I’m sure that all of Jack’s teachers were told to watch him very closely and report anything unusual.  If there’s any action at Brow Ridge this year then Jack had better stay out of it.  (yeah, right!)

Hey everyone! Really sorry about the lack of updates but I’m just entering the last phase of my first school and I wanted to focus purely on studying and the story so I unfortunately did not have time for the Reality Check at my normal time.

But now that I’ve passed my final exams and am just waiting to graduate, I find myself with a lot more time. So, here’s the Reality Check for the past couple chapters:

- Just lump all of the school stuff with classes and the teachers together. That was basically my experience my Senior year of high school.

- Jack’s lines about not wanting to go to his final year of school for any reason other than to get his diploma? I annoyed the Hell out of my friends with that line.

- Jack’s neurosis about Brad and the advice he gets is basically an amalgamation of everything that was said to me in similar situations when people I didn’t want back in my life came back into my life.

A lot of summation with the Reality Check, I know, but if I listed off each individual piece of real-world slice-of-life, this post would never end.

Hope you're all doing well! I’m closing in on the end of the next chapter and hope to have it up by this weekend. I still don’t know exactly how many chapters will be in this Saga but I’ll keep you updated as I know :) see you guys soon!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.