Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

1 hour ago, that-one-guy said:

Ive a couple theories, but, since the foundation has been laid this early, I think its gonna have deep implications on how Jack deals with a situation yet to arise, or its gonna result in a big arguement

Well they don’t keep you in juvie forever, even for a fight at school. My kids went to school in the county where Tara lives, and they had several alternative schools. My daughter was sent to the one for kids with bad attitudes (telling the teacher to ‘fuck off’ too many times) and there was another one for criminal and physically violent types – which is likely where Brad was sent. 

So yeah, Jack decides to go to a mall that none of them have been to before, and Boom! there he is. 

Brad may have honestly not thought about Jack for awhile – it is going on two years. But here they are. It will definitely be awkward, but I don’t expect anything loud or violent at Brad’s work place. That would fuck him up too much. Red faces, huffing and puffing…

But now he’s back, with Jack and Kayla and Joe and Craig thrust back into his scheming mind. And, we never did find out what Jessica and Ted were so worried about...

Edited by Joe Long

1 hour ago, Joe Long said:

But now he’s back, with Jack and Kayla and Joe and Craig thrust back into his scheming mind. And, we never did find out what Jessica and Ted were so worried about...

That’s a good point.  I don’t know what else they could have been worried about except Brad.  In 20/20 hindsight, Jack said he wished that he hadn’t blown off Jessica at the beginning of the summer.  It’s likely that Brad has been in contact with Jessica and Ted for a while, using veiled threats to get info on the group.  I bet he thought about Jack every single day he was in juvie.

One thing I’d like to know is whether Brad is still living with his strict parents or if they kicked him out.  His folks were the only people that he feared and respected, so without them he would be pure trouble.  

Brad will use the happenstance run-in at the mall to try and worm his way back into Jack’s good graces.  Yeah, pure-D trouble ahead.

As Brad is underage it would be hard for his parents to kick him out unless he moved in with other relatives, such as an aunt or uncle. The mall was halfway to Tara’s, who lives a half hour away, and nobody in the group had heard from him for nearly two years, so there’s a chance he may have moved and could be going to school in the next county.

Edited by Joe Long

Also recall that Mr. Nightingale had lost his job back when Brad was blackmailing Jessica and Ted so I guess anything is possible.  Maybe his folks abandoned him and he was declared a ward of the state?  Just gonna have to wait and find out what his situation is.

1 minute ago, Chester57 said:

Also recall that Mr. Nightingale had lost his job back when Brad was blackmailing Jessica and Ted so I guess anything is possible.  Maybe his folks abandoned him and he was declared a ward of the state?  Just gonna have to wait and find out what his situation is.

Forgot about losing his job. That could also cause the family to move.

Hey guys! A while without an update and I apologize but school will be letting out for the holidays in a couple days and I will have much more free time. Don’t worry, I don’t intend to make this a constant excuse.

No Reality Check this time because there’s nothing to really check. I mean, I’ve had buddies ‘kidnap’ me before, but the actual events as taken from my life are not present. I realize that this past saga has been pretty much nothing BUT that, but we’ll be getting back into it soon once Jack’s Senior year starts.

I’m working hard and fast on Chapter 61 and hopefully it should get done soon. First chapter of the ‘Demons Saga’. Hope you’re all doing well and I will update soon!

Well, that was interesting.  My first impression is that Jack showed more maturity when he was a sophomore than he does as a senior.  He came across as a whiney little brat when he yelled at his dad.  I was hoping that Mike would slap him upside his head and scream, “Grow a pair and deal with it!”  Anyway, it’s good to see that Belle is back… and AP PhysEd with Ms. Cartwright?  Drop and give me twenty, Mr. Harrison!  :)

Edited by Chester57

I've been away for awhile. (I'm on chapter 59 now) I'll have my comments when I'm all up to date. 

Joe, I just want to thank you. I've been facing some tough shit, and this made feel better than I have in a long time. Jack and Kayla's make up (fingers crossed that it continues) has me smiling and you're humor has me smirking and laugh again. Relationships are tough, I've been learning that myself. (Cause' I'm still a yougnun) Seriously, thanks so much. This means the world. 

Hey everyone! I’m headed home today for the holidays. I'm gonna try to work on the next chapter as much as possible but it may be a little while before it’s posted. I apologize in advance but will do my best to keep up the pace.

Good of the Navy to give you the holidays off but I wouldn’t get used to it, especially if you get posted to a sub.  Best wishes to you and your family for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Hey, and don’t forget— we still want a few stories from Boot Camp!

So after my long hiatus, I've come back with my thoughts and veiws on the last four chapters. Maybe some personal details too. Disclaimer: some may be out of order, also, I might end up writing a full scale dissertation. 

As is standard, I skipped through most of the sex, although there was some important diolauge in there, and some funny too. It was good to see Kayla and Jack back in sync (for the most part). It's odd because although I skim the sex scenes, I still like to see them there. 

I can identify with Rhona on some level. I think of myself as very laid back person. This is a perception I've built. The 'i don't care and I'm chill' ideal. But sometime I do care and that can be really hard to express. I feel for her, because changing your perspectives and admiting to people that you're vunerable is really hard to do. I have trouble with, especially because people don't really understand sometime what you mean. 

Signing at restaurants is very dumb. I agree. I don't know why any restaurant does that and I don't know why anyone wants that. Expect if you or your friends are being dicks and letting the workers know it's someone's birthday

Also "just what Kayla would want for my birthday!" Is a hilarious line. I choked at that one. Although it could be construed as passive aggressive. 

If it happens, everything willing, I feel like Jack's proposal to Kayla will blindside her. Like, she knows it's coming, but somehow doesn't expect it. That's how I want it to be at least. It's what I'm rooting for. I've been inspired thus far and I may make a write up of my ideas on how the proposal would go. (No promises)

I did count to 180 in my head. Also, I'm pretty sure AP PE isn't a thing. Like, nearly 100%. Maybe my school just didn't offer it when I was there. Please someone prove me wrong. 

-- Whoops posted this too soon. I wasn't done. --

I think the reaction to seeing Brad was dumb. Nearly out of character for Jack. Like it was reactionary just to be reactionary. I didn't think any single character acted rationally and it seemed stupid to have them all panic and run. I did cheer out loud at Brad's return however. I was very excited about that. Just wish it had taken at least a slightly different turn. 

I also know, as most of us probably do, the thing about being really annoyed by your so, then being confused because they make you un-annoyed by them doing something sweet. 

Edited by thismy
Posted too soon

On 12/19/2016 at 7:13 PM, Chester57 said:

Well, that was interesting.  My first impression is that Jack showed more maturity when he was a sophomore than he does as a senior.  He came across as a whiney little brat when he yelled at his dad.  I was hoping that Mike would slap him upside his head and scream, “Grow a pair and deal with it!”  Anyway, it’s good to see that Belle is back… and AP PhysEd with Ms. Cartwright?  Drop and give me twenty, Mr. Harrison!  :)

I 100% agree with this. We might be able to atribute this to Jashley improving his writing skills and making Jack more of a teen (though he's nearly an adult) but he's getting older so the reverse is disconcerting. 

I'll use this moment to mention that I love who Kayla has become. Her character has advanced to be better and better, but I still do have my qualms with her. 

A double Merry Christmas! I mentioned my talk about proposals, and as a sort of Christmas gift (one you may or may not like) I've written up an opening piece to how I think a proposal might go. 

The Proposal:

Jack stepped into the bathroom, doing last minute adjustments to his hair. He and Kayla had a date night tonight, nothing too formal, but Jack had big plans.

His hand went insictivly to the inner pocket of his jacket. The small box was still there, inconspicuous and concealed on his profile. 

Jack had been planning for the right time for ages now. He'd bought it awhile ago, of course. He was just biding his time.

What was the right time for the girl of your dreams, the love of your life? Jack had mulled over this question many times, never getting a straight answer. Why couldn't they write a book about this shit? The 'Here's The Exact Time To Propose Guide: All Things Engagement.'? He realized this was a ridiculous request, but all the same, some guidance would be helpful. He wasn't going to ask his parents. They knew his intentions, of course, but asking for advice would be too awkward. And he still wanted to be the one who came up the idea. 

Deciding that fussing over his looks would only make things worse, he pulled out his phone, idly checking the time. 5:20. Kayla would be home soon. He stepped back out into the hall of the apartment. 

He and Kayla had moved in together only recently, but he couldn't imagine living any other way. Kayla and him had talked about only doing that after they were engaged, and their parents weren't always 100%, but money didn't grow on trees, and Kayla was the best roommate he could ever ask for. Obviously, she wasn't without flaws, but love was the great equalizer, or something like that. Oh, and the sex. Couldn't forget that. It's a lot easier to not get mad at your roommate when they happen to be the sexiest person on earth. (No bias of course)

He stumbled idly around the apartment for another 15 minutes, unable to settle. Then walked back to the bathroom,  checking himself and going over his plans. How he hoped it'd go. 

He'd teased Kayla before, going down only to tie his shoe, bending to pick something up, or asking her a stupid question. He'd let off recently, in part because Kayla always ended up punishing him for his charades, but also because he wanted the suspense to build. They knew the were getting married. That was by now a foregone conclusion. Kayla and Jack both knew he was going to propose, at some point, but Jack still wanted it to be a genuine surprise. 

So he found himself, still home alone and nervous as all hell, thumbing through his contact to a familiar name. 

He clicked the call button and held it up. 

After a few rings, an enthusiastic voice burst from the other side. "Hey cuz!" Tara answered. 

Jack took a deep breath. "I'm doing it tonight."

"You're doing what?" She questioned.

Jack didn't want to outright say. He felt like even uttering the words would ruin the surprise. "With Kayla. I'm doing the thing."

Tara let out a sound that was mixture of a snort and a gag. "You don't need to call me to tell me you two are going to have sex." She laughed, sounding endlessly bemused. 

Jack put his foot down, and turned his head a little. He felt like he was going to burst. "No it involves me going down-"

Tara cut him off. "Jack! Gross! Stop!

"God no! Let me finish. It doesn't have to do with sex. It involves me going down on one knee." He said, quickly and nervously. 

Jack waited for it to process in Tara's mind. There was a moment of silence, then a piercing scream.

Jack swore and dropped his phone, stumbling into the bathroom counter, in the process knocking over a bottle of mouthwash. His ear was ringing like he'd just been next to a bomb when it went off, and that actually wasn't that far from the truth. 

Once he'd sufficiently recovered from his disorientation, Jack bent to pick up the phone agian. He was pretty sure the scream had continued for some time, and the noise from Tara's end seemed to only just beginning to die down. 

Jack waited until she had finally silenced to speak again. He held the phone cautiously away from his ear, just in case.  "I think you caused me permanent hearing loss." He groused. In hindsight, he should have expected it, but still.

"Sorry." Tara replied, shrilly and apologetic. "It's just, I'm so excited! That's amazing!"

"And I'm here shitting myself."

"It'll be fine, Jack. She'll say yes." Tara reassured. "Do you have the ring?"

"What?! Of course. How would I propose without one?"

Tara giggled. "I wouldn't put it past you to accidentally leave it at home." Once again, Jack went to the interior pocket. This time opening the case ever so slightly and feeling inside. It was still there. 

"No, trust me, I've got it."

"Can you send me a pic of it?" She asked hopefully. 

"Sure, when it's on her hand." Jack quiped with a confidence in his voice that caught him by surprise. 

"Darn." Tara pouted. 

"Don't worry, you'll get to see it." He assuaged. 

"And she doesn't know?" Her voice chimed, nervous and excited. 

Jack coughed and shook his head, though Tara couldn't see. "She's clueless." He replied, and he really hoped she was.  

"Who else knows?" Tara asked, voice hurried. 

Jack laughed a little, but he wasn't sure if it was because he was nervous or because Tara seemed more nervous than he did. "Only you cuz." 

"Ooo now I feel special."

"Don't let it go to your head. I had to tell someone or I was going to burst. And you have to swear you won't mention a single word, picture, or any form of communication to anyone until you hear from me or Kayla personally." 

"I swear. Pinky promise. Cross my heart."

"And I want you to know. Everyone else would let this slip somehow. I'm trusting you. "

"I won't let you down." Tara responded stoically. He could here the salute in her voice.

Just then Jack heard the apartment door open. "Hello!" Kayla called sweetly. 

"Well I gotta go. Kayla's home." Jack said quickly. 

"Good luck cuz, love ya."

"Love you too." He finished and hung up. 

He poked his head out the door of the bathroom. Kayla had just turned the corner and flashed him a heart stopping smile. "Hey babe. Were you on the phone?"

"Oh yeah, just Tara." Jack shrugged. 

"She couldn't have waited to say hi to me?" Kayla asked with mock disapproval. 

"Yes she specifically hung up when I told her that you came in." Jack joked, though it was somewhat true. Kayla shot him a withering look. "No she had to go. Something about dinner."

"Dang. Speaking of which, I gotta get ready. I see you already are, sexy man." Kayla appraised, eyeing Jack's outfit. She walked over and kissed him. "How was your day?"

"Good, getting better." Jack said, leaning against the wall and trying to sound relaxed. "You?"

Kayak set her bag down by the bedroom door and rolled her shoulders. "Pretty good, same as you." She beamed, looking up. "Getting better." 

The restraining order against Brad explains why he bolted out the back door of the restaurant but I wonder if he lost his job doing that?  If he got fired then he’ll blame Jack.  How might Brad try to get revenge?  Simple, really— get someone else to do it.  That’s assuming Jack isn’t stupid enough to go after Brad himself.

“I’d fucking end him.  I’d end him and hang the consequences.  It would be worth it.” 

Maybe he IS stupid enough.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.