Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

What would be the odds his parents had the chance to turn off life support but Kayla went ape at them lol

There's 90% chance Kayla goes ape shit, dude come on that's your soulmate there, of course you're gonna put up a fight.

Hey everyone!

First of all, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have the chapter out by tomorrow. Can't promise that for sure but it will definitely be out either tomorrow or Monday.

Second, @thismy...that was incredible. A wonderful, wonderful job at conveying such a scene :) I can't say anything specific regarding it, whether pro or con, without revealing stuff that happens down the line but I'm really impressed and thank you very much. I'm honestly touched by how much effort and heart you put into that. It's not every day an author reads a better version of his own work :)

See you guys soon! Keep fingers crossed for tomorrow!

ah, Joe!

I'm just about ready to post my redone chapter 1, but of course I didn't want to do it when you released a new chapter (no one would be paying attention to me). So now I'll have to wait a few more days :(

Eh, somethings are worth the wait. ;)

Hey everyone!

First of all, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have the chapter out by tomorrow. Can't promise that for sure but it will definitely be out either tomorrow or Monday.

Second, @thismy...that was incredible. A wonderful, wonderful job at conveying such a scene :) I can't say anything specific regarding it, whether pro or con, without revealing stuff that happens down the line but I'm really impressed and thank you very much. I'm honestly touched by how much effort and heart you put into that. It's not every day an author reads a better version of his own work :)

See you guys soon! Keep fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Darn! I might have to go a week without SITO. (I'm heading out to where I won't have any access to the Internet)

@jashley13, thanks, so much, I'm truly flattered 😊. I know I'm always saying this, but I wouldn't say better. I'm not able to capture the emotion like you can, nor build that conversation at the door like you could. Don't sell yourself short. Again, thank you so much, that means a lot.

Oh, guys look! We're almost to 2000 posts!

Edited by thismy

Chapter 35 is up :D

Hope you all enjoy!

On a related note...over 200000 views on the forum...almost 2000 responses...and almost 300000 views on the story. WOW! Just looking at those numbers makes my head spin. You guys are the best readers an author can hope for and I have to thank you all so much for the support and love you've shown. I hope I continue to live up to it in future chapters :)

Hope you enjoy the chapter and see you soon!

Hope you all enjoy!

On a related note...over 200000 views on the forum...almost 2000 responses...and almost 300000 views on the story. WOW! Just looking at those numbers makes my head spin. You guys are the best readers an author can hope for and I have to thank you all so much for the support and love you've shown. I hope I continue to live up to it in future chapters :)

and let me remind you that the story got over 1.5 MILLION views at xnxx before The Troubles

Hope you all enjoy!

If the recent chapter brought up any unsettling memories, take as much time as necessary before you do the reality check, let alone start writing on the next chapter.

and let me remind you that the story got over 1.5 MILLION views at xnxx before The Troubles

Calling anything 'the troubles' unsettles me (I'm from northern Ireland and this time of year is bad.) I know that you didn't mean it in that way and this is probably me over reacting for no reason but just thought I'd say that.

On a note related to the story, as soon as I read that jack had six messages from one person I knew shit was gonna hit the fan, and when it did I knew what the outcome (solution, to be precise) would be. Its not often I have to take a break half way through a chapter in any story but you conveyed jacks feelings in the house so well you made me exhausted haha :)

Calling anything 'the troubles' unsettles me (I'm from northern Ireland and this time of year is bad.) I know that you didn't mean it in that way and this is probably me over reacting for no reason but just thought I'd say that.

I understand, and apologize. I'm familiar with your situation, and knew of the term when I typed although when we're sitting at our PC's we don't think that we may be talking with someone across the globe. I believe Joe has written the term somewhere in the first dozen chapters and that's why I thought of it.

So, I repeated a phrase Joe/Jack used, which I then used to describe all the nastiness that took place at xnxx, forcing both of us, among others, to leave. In the back of my mind I knew it also was originally used in Northern Ireland.

Again, sorry, and I hope this explains my thought process.

I understand, and apologize. I'm familiar with your situation, and knew of the term when I typed although when we're sitting at our PC's we don't think that we may be talking with someone across the globe. I believe Joe has written the term somewhere in the first dozen chapters and that's why I thought of it.

So, I repeated a phrase Joe/Jack used, which I then used to describe all the nastiness that took place at xnxx, forcing both of us, among others, to leave. In the back of my mind I knew it also was originally used in Northern Ireland.

Again, sorry, and I hope this explains my thought process.

No its OK, I know you didn't mean it to imply to our situation here but, I just really hate the phrase haha. 12th of July here is never a fun time, wonder how many riots there will be?

Quick thoughts after having just finished chapter 35 [minor spoilers ahead]

Basically three sections

Maybe it was me, but I had a little difficulty following along on the return home. Iy started with just the three, but expanded to many characters at the Harrison's house, and throughout find myself many times having to reread to make sure who was speaking. Seemed to sprint through. Again, maybe it was me and will read easier a second time through (although I rarely do that).

Parts two and three, Rhona at the store and Kayla at her house later were great. We've been on here for weeks speculating what might occur both after they come home and when Jack sees Rhona again, leaving the author Joe to pick out what he wanted to supplement whatever he had already scripted. He did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the back and forth with Rhona and it really helped to developed a deeper, more rich character for her.

With the way Kayla seemed to wince at the mention of Rhona's name before work, I was both eager to read and dreading Kayla's reaction if Jack seemed to even smile about Rhona. It was difficult, the worst fight they've ever had. I'm an old guy who's been married for 30 years. I've had fights like that and survived, but I don't know if I could survive it before having committed "until death do us part." The emotion was raw and well expressed and left me crying. Not as many tears as thismy's wedding scene, but still...left me feeling their pain.

Now I have to go read my own story again, to hope that I can convey my character's emotions as well as jashley has.

I think what happened with the first section was that there were a few errors in who was talking (only a couple, mainly Sam and Joe getting mixed up) but hey, he got it to us when he wanted too. I'd rather have him rush it and have a few mistakes than wait a while longer :)

I was going to point out and forgot, that there were IIRC 2 clear errors in the last chapter, twice that Tara was called Kayla. I know one was at the skating rink. I thought, "What?" and had to reread. I don't think Joe made any errors when everyone was packing up at the cabin, but there and at the house I had some problems following along.

some notes -

the only time I ever broil a steak is for London Broil, and I leave it very read in the middle. Most of the time it's pan fried, usually a pat of butter. Take out the steak while still at least pink, keeping the pan over the heat until the broth boils down to a sticky goo. Wipe both sides of the steak in the pan so that the mixture sticks to the outside.

I always, always pee the last thing before I get in the car, even if it's to go to the grocery store.

A few years ago I flew to the other coast for a conference. I was at the airport, ready to board my return flight, when I reached for my keys and couldn't find them. I cancelled my boarding, rescheduled for 24 hours later, slept in the airport (it was a redeye) and at 10 the next morning verified that my keys and other items had been left in my hotel room. I would have been in Baltimore with a car and no keys.

Went to the vet's office this week. There were several very attractive young ladies assisting behind the desk. Kara can find a job.

With all we've speculated here, I LOL'ed at Jack's reaction to Joe and Sam.

Then after what I had suggested to jashley, Rhona doesn't even have a Facebook page! (Maybe she still has a Twitter)

"Law’s just a piece of paper when there’s a fine piece of ass. All I’m saying.” - loved it. I'm old now, I would never touch anyone younger than some number written on a piece of paper, but when I was still in college (19 to 22) I consider the girlfriend market anyone who had hit puberty and seemed mature. During that period I dated or lusted after several girls who were 13 to 16, but left them all chaste. (not that I didn't want to)

Edited by Joe Long

I agree with dark.

On an off topic point, anyone played dead space before?

I've played it and its two sequels. The second Dead Space was the first pc game that got me into being a gamer.

Guest No_One

That blow up was amazing, Joe. Made me hate Kayla but at the same time I sympathized with her. I felt how trapped she felt (mainly because I've had attacks like that) and I'm really happy they're finally going to fix this with the therapist :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.