Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

Hey everyone! Really sorry for the lack of updates!

First of all, thank you so much for the birthday wishes :) It means a lot. I'm sorry the new chapter wasn't out before then but I'm working on it as hard as I can.

Speaking of, I'm finally managing to push towards the end so, hopefully, it will be up this weekend. I've been feeling more exhausted lately so I'm trying to balance sleep, work, and writing, but I thnk I should be coming to an equilibrium. Good news soon, I hope!

If it isn't up this weekend, that's fine. Take as much time as necessary to give us your best. Don't rush the ending to meet a deadline.

Haha I feel like Rhona is eventually gonna make a move on jack. Despite she acts like she's interested but teases him. Also with the decreased sexual attention from Kayla jack could potentially give into Rhonas "demands"?

Respectfully disagree. The fact that Rhona has six brothers will have matured her and made her wise beyond her years. She will become Jacks' friend and mentor, not competition for Kayla.

Edited by Chester57

Guest JohnnyBanana

Respectfully disagree. The fact that Rhona has six brothers will have matured her and made her wise beyond her years. She will become Jacks' friend and mentor, not competition for Kayla.

If only you knew how right this statement was in general. As the 6th out of twelve and having 5 older brothers myself, I'm leaps and bounds more mature than anyone my age. It's why I can't date girls my age. Too damn immature. It's a curse.

Chapter 36, at long last, is up :)

I am so so sorry about the lack of updates and the time it took me to do this one. I just haven't been feeling myself lately. Partly it was my birthday that distracted me (25...holy crap...a quarter-century) but that was one day, so that's no excuse. My biggest issue was just how draining certain sections of this chapter were. They weren't as emotionally-charged as certain other sections of the story (or others to come) but it was enough, with the emotional troubles I was having, to ensure that I took a while with this one. For that I apologize.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and support. I really couldn't do this without you guys. You make all the crap I go through worth it, just because I know I can come on here and read responses from some of the best fans ever. I seriously love you guys and all I can hope is that the story continues to live up to expectations.

I promise to try to update more for this coming chapter and keep things active and fluid. Reality Check soon. See you guys then :)

Thanks Joe, belated Happy Birthday and I pray you receive the strength to get you through anything that comes your way.

I will of course get to reading ASAP. Also, now that SITO is out, I can target my next chapter for next week, as I certainly don't want to try to compete head to head with SITO.

Thanks Joe. Good chapter. The ending to this seems similar to the ending of the Tara Saga, where it kinda feels like something bad could happen. Hopefully not. Jack and Kayla need a little more happy times before shit hits the fan in the upcoming school year. Take as much time as you need.

Guest Guest

Amazing chapter, probably the best one of the best ones you've written. Emotional roller coaster throughout (the start particularly). Looking forward to the next one.

Goddamn, this one really hit home for me. Absolute roller-coaster ride of emotions and I was with it the entire way. Amazing job for pulling that off! A few, somewhat personal things if I may:

That. That overthinking thing you do. The way every time something happens, you have to dissect and look at it from, like, every single angle instead of just letting it be or accepting that maybe the answer isnt some sort of fucking complicatedthing. Maybe things can just, you know, be what they are. Justevery single time theres something that goes even slightly not according to plan, you start worrying and stressing and you overthink it and it gets you all, like, sad and you dont wanna talk andI get it. I understand and whatever, but then you start overthinking stuff about everyone else and it seems likeyou think youre better than people.

Holy fuck... I feel as if you've described me. It hit home so hard I legitimately started crying. I think I know why I've loved this story, I feel I can relate to jack.

"Jack, what you call overthinking is your way of burying painful acceptance that you cant fix everything. Its a noble intention and an ideal I wish more people your age adhered to, but it will not serve as the basis to build your relationship with others on. You can help, assist, aid as much as you likebut it is not your duty to fix everything. It puts undue pressure on yourself and, if all does not go as planned, will only leave you with more pain than you started with.

Wow. I think that's what I needed to hear. Perhaps that's why things never pan out and I'm still single. You have no idea how helpful that passage was to me. I never expected to get such good advice from such an unexpected source. You do Ana amazing job with this story. I look forward to reading more for your work in the future!

On a lighter note, thing finally seem to be turning up for our characters! So glad that finally see the joyful Kayla again!

Cannot wait for the next chapter, keep up the great work!

Cordially yours,

N

Guest its_ry_bruh

Happy belated birthday Joe, thanks for chapter 36 (havent read it yet but soon will) just came to reply about the whole metup with bashful thing. Did he say any specifics about the continuation of his series? I hope him talking in person with joe inspires and motivates him to either continue or put out some of the new works hes talked about before.

Joe, not to sound repetitive, but that was awesome. I laughed. I cried. And then I laughed again. I'm glad that Jack and Kayla are on the right path. Tara seems ok as well. I know that you like to sneak hints into the chapters so here's what I picked up on.

(SPOILER ALERT)

Jack's thoughts to himself about how if the group only knew how crazy the school year was going to be instead of a quiet Junior year (Pipe bomb). And Frank's suggestion that Rhonda may have to go with Jack to the game con.

I know that Jack and Kayla are better and their relationship stronger, but Jack better tell Kayla ASAP about even the remote possibility of Rhonda having to go with Jack. Kayla was very clear about how upset she was when Jack mentioned Rhonda's name and to wait until the last minute to bring this up will look like Jack is hiding something.

That is unless the next Saga is entitled the Rhonda saga. And if so, I get bonus points for guessing right first.

On another note, did you research anything before writing the whole Jack/Kayla counseling scene. That was intense and just made perfect sense. I couldn't stop reading (edge of my seat). Great job.

Phew. That really was a fantastic, and I mean fantastic, chapter. I say it a lot, but I'm inclined to agree that it was one of the finest.

The character development with Jack and Kayla was amazing. I really enjoyed the scene with the shrink. I'm still wondering if Fitzsimmons is the old familiar face.

Again, I find it funny that I just skimmed the sex scene. Not that I don't enjoy them, but as so many people here have said, I'm way beyond coming for the sex. It was good "make-up sex" though. I feel like it was another block of the emotional bond being fixed.

Jack still has his hang out with Tara, so there's still emotions to come. (I think).

My last point, I love the foreshadowing. Its been hinted at all throughout the summer saga. :

""Thanks," Kayla chirruped, happy. "Nice, relaxing year, right?"

"Right!" Belle said, sighing, "Thank God."

Oh, if we had only known"

Love it! I can't wait to see what's in store next.

Edited by thismy

(SPOILER ALERT)

Jack's thoughts to himself about how if the group only knew how crazy the school year was going to be instead of a quiet Junior year (Pipe bomb). And Frank's suggestion that Rhonda may have to go with Jack to the game con.

I know that Jack and Kayla are better and their relationship stronger, but Jack better tell Kayla ASAP about even the remote possibility of Rhonda having to go with Jack. Kayla was very clear about how upset she was when Jack mentioned Rhonda's name and to wait until the last minute to bring this up will look like Jack is hiding something.

That is unless the next Saga is entitled the Rhonda saga. And if so, I get bonus points for guessing right first.

On another note, did you research anything before writing the whole Jack/Kayla counseling scene. That was intense and just made perfect sense. I couldn't stop reading (edge of my seat). Great job.

The counseling scene did seem very real and intense. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was very well done, and part of the reason why it is, I think, one of my favorites.

The idea of it being the "Rhona saga" seems plausible. I agree across the board on your points here.

Guest Walrus_Lover_69

Alright I'm going to say this to annoy all you Americans

How to speak proper English:

Bonnet, not hood (as in cars)

Boot, not trunk (also cars)

Rubbish bin, not trash can

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head feel free to reply with hate about Australian language so I can laugh at you :)

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head feel free to reply with hate about Australian language so I can laugh at you :)

I've watched a fair amount of Australian TV on Hulu, so I'm aware that it's much closer to British than Standard American English. I grew up learning Pittsburghese, so that's what many of the characters in my story speak.

"There's some bee-ah in the boot"

"You two been rutting (rooting)?"

Hey, Joe. First of all, I wanted to say that I'm a big fan of your work. I'm sure you've heard it all before, "your characters are so perfectly captured, your story is written so grammatically well, the storyline itself is spectacular," all that fun stuff and more. Just wanted to let you know that there is yet another person who feels that way :)

Anywho, onto the reason why I'm posting. I've been reading your story for a while now, and there has always been just a curious question kind of nagging at the back of my head. It's probably just because I have an overactive imagination and I cannot help but think "what if things went this way" and yadda yadda. But, I've always wondered: How differently would the story have been if Amanda had proceeded to take advantage of Jack in Chapter 5, and forcefully taken his virginity? I know, out of the blue question I'm sure. Just wanted to ask.

As I said, big fan of your work, you've helped me get some ideas for my own writing, and I look forward to any future updates you happen to give. Have a good one! Oh, and Happy belated Birthday.

and you know I cannot let Jack's slap at baseball go unanswered! In chapter 3 Joe & Hannah will be attending one of the biggest Pittsburgh Pirates games in history, and yes, it comes with tons of anticipation!

I loved baseball growing up and was frustrated that I didn't get as many chances to play as I would have liked. Sort of like Joe in SITO-36, it's harder to break in when you wait until 14 and most everyone else already has established themselves.

jashley, did you ever play any school or summer sports, or were you just a drama nerd?

Guest BeepBoop

Man i'm not one to ever really feel emotional about characters I read in books/stories but this chapter was definitely perfectly made. The story about Cobie really freaking touched me and I've never even owned a pet and then the whole entry with Dr. Fitzsimmons was brilliant. Man I sure hope this gets published or something because this is hands down top 3-5 series i've ever read.

Joe please don't die in an accident I want to see this story finish through the end <3

Man i'm not one to ever really feel emotional about characters I read in books/stories but this chapter was definitely perfectly made. The story about Cobie really freaking touched me and I've never even owned a pet and then the whole entry with Dr. Fitzsimmons was brilliant. Man I sure hope this gets published or something because this is hands down top 3-5 series i've ever read.

Joe please don't die in an accident I want to see this story finish through the end <3

Hey, at least if you get frozen it will be finished when you wake up :)

I loved how Joe worked "Kayla waiting for Jack to come out of his coma" into the story.

Joe - one question on Kayla's parent's problems. When you first wrote that they were occurring, did you already know what the problem is, or is that something that you waited until later (or are still waiting) to decide?

I loved how Joe worked "Kayla waiting for Jack to come out of his coma" into the story.

Joe - one question on Kayla's parent's problems. When you first wrote that they were occurring, did you already know what the problem is, or is that something that you waited until later (or are still waiting) to decide?

Through the whole last scene I was expecting the parents to have argued at dinner and came home early, finding Jack and Kayla doing the romp

Through the whole last scene I was expecting the parents to have argued at dinner and came home early, finding Jack and Kayla doing the romp

well, I think all the parents know, but...

...as I yelled in orgasmic joy...I dimly registered that she was screaming again, her eyes wide and her jaw dropped, hands clinging to me as she shook with her own orgasm.

that would have been a great time to hear the front door close, with Mr. and Mrs. Hanigan hearing Jack yelling (somehow that gave me a mental image of Gary Busey - "Yeaaaah!!!")

Edited by Joe Long

Guest No_One

Woohoo, they had sex! I'm so happy things are better between them. I feel almost as if my relationship was the one that was fixed. I am way too attached to these characters.

Woohoo, they had sex! I'm so happy things are better between them. I feel almost as if my relationship was the one that was fixed. I am way too attached to these characters.

Tell me about it...

I was also thinking along the lines of the Hanigans coming home in the middle of their session.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.