Click Here!

How do you let readers know when you've posted something new?

GeorgeGlass

A reader recently asked me whether I had a Twitter account through which I could notify readers about my new stories or chapters. I do not, but I'm thinking about getting one. Before I do, though, I'm wondering what the other options are.

What do you all do when you want to let your readers know about new stories or chapters you've posted?

Some people use the Promote a Story thread. Forum members can follow a thread, and will get notice of your postings that way.

Some people add the story to their Current Reading in their archive profile, to keep the link handy for quick checks.

Some people run an email notification list. You can create a group in your email client for notifications, and do a fast mass mailing. The downside is sharing your email address, but you can make a separate gmail account (or other free email service) just for notifications to preserve your email privacy.

Some people use Facebook for update notices as well as for review replies.

And then there's Twitter, so readers can follow you on that social media venue.

I use the story promotion thread for the most part. I thought of doing an email alert at one time, but after thinking about it I figured it would be more trouble than gain. Most other sites I use have subscribe, bookmark or favorite options that do the same thing, and the section of AFF I post in is really not large enough to lose a story in.