Click Here!

M/M Mafia Story

Guest Kia

Picture Perfect (Caleb & Grigorio) formerly JennMarie her new author name is now Twisted. If you email her, check her author profile, she will add you to her mailing list. She has reposted Traded (Michael & Petrov) then there is So Nature Gives Command (Scott & Alexander aka Sasha) which when last we read it was a WIP.

• 2 weeks later...

Traded has not been deleted. It has been hidden for a violation of our Terms of Service. The nature of the violation is between the author and AFF staff, and we do not discuss that publicly. However, it is now up to Twisted to contact us to resolve the issue.

I strongly advise that this not turn into a series of posts that will cause this thread to be locked as inflammatory.

JennMarie was emailed as to the nature of the infraction. It is up to her to correct it. I will not, nor should any of you EXPECT me or any other staff member, treat her differently than any other author when it comes to how site rules are enforced.

As to why the story was deleted multiple times before, it was due to the author being underage at the time of posting. With the reactions I see from her readers, I expect that we'll find many of you to have been either underage at time of registration, or currently underage. If that's the case, many of you will find yourselves deleted as this is an 18 and over site.

Call that ridiculous if you like, but I will NOT endanger this site by allowing minors free reign.

Honestly, I read all the Rules. I don't remember "Traded" breaking any of the rules. But well I'm no nativ English-speaker so I may have misunderstood something. I hope JennMarie aka. Twisted contacts you and that you can solve the problem. Many people on AFF love the Story and since it was deleted the first time, it seems to me that many of the really good Authors are leaving. I tend to reread a lot of the good stories because many of the "new" ones are just... bad...

Maybe you should put in the rule "While writing in english, make sure your story actually still qualifies as "English story" ." I understand that my english is not the best, but some stories are just... they hurt my eyes. Past and Present mixed where it should not be mixed, whole words are missing, making it hard to understand. Sometimes a whole block doesn't make sense. Ah well, but it's not like you could actually list such a rule. lol

Guest Angry-Reader

At this point Twisted is not underage and I personaly am not underage so your underage point DemonGoddess061 is invaled, and just because someone brings up their out rage at having a story they love deleted for no understandable reason for the second time does not make them a teenager. I love this story and I love when it first came out. I read through the terms of service and found nothing. I feel like you guys just go through and delete stories, I have tried to post stories on this website before, and I was over age, and found them deleted and I recived no contact from you guys. My stories never violated any terms, they were just taken away. The only reason I even come on this site is because of stories like Traded, I only have a couple authers that I religiously check on and read from because other wise the writen content on this site is terrable, and I would much rather read from them on their websites or other place where they have posted their stories.

I mean if your going to delete a good story that is well writen for some tiny tiny little thing maybe you should start having quality control rules. If it were so easy to find a good story on this site maybe it wouldn't be so upsetting when one of our favorites is taken down? I don't know but I hope she posts Traded and co. at another web site where they wont pick on her.

She's not being picked on. She is expected to abide by the same rules and guidelines every other user complies with. That you and others see the need for me or any other staff member to treat her with special exceptions that are not warranted, is unreasonable. She is perfectly well aware of what she has to do to get the story unhidden.

Okies, Angry-Reader, I'm going to answer you, because I know DG's going to lock this thread too if this goes on much longer.

Number one: Traded has NOT been deleted again!! Like BronxWench said, it's been hidden for a ToS violation that JennMarie has to correct so the story can be unhidden. That can mean, an incorrect disclaimer, an issue with the tags, an author's note that went on longer than 600 words. It can be a whole shitload of minor things that are super easy to fix.

Number two: This is not the staff picking on JennMarie, it's just the staff doing their unbelievably unappreciated job, and keeping this site up and running for us. The staff get enough shit from authors who think they're entitled because they're the center of the universe, but sadly they aren't. Why don't you rather encourage JennMarie to make sure her stories are properly tagged, disclaimed etc., rather than pick on the staff?

and Number three: If you got deleted without any notice, then the staff either found evidence that you were underage... or YOU didn't check your spam folder for emails from the site!

And if a story is hidden, then it's visible in your control panel, to you alone, if I remember correctly, so you can correct the issue that caused it to be hidden. And if you do not correct the ToS violation within a certain amount of time, then the staff does delete the story.

And number four, just because I'm pissed off now: Learn to spell, for fuck's sake!

Edited by WillowDarkling

Why on earth do you think only underage people can act childish when their favorite story is taken way? Im offended. I have every right to drink, marry AND pester you with my whining no matter how illogical. So just because I can - I miss Traded! And I want it back.

At this point Twisted is not underage and I personaly am not underage so your underage point DemonGoddess061 is invaled, and just because someone brings up their out rage at having a story they love deleted for no understandable reason for the second time does not make them a teenager. I love this story and I love when it first came out. I read through the terms of service and found nothing. I feel like you guys just go through and delete stories, I have tried to post stories on this website before, and I was over age, and found them deleted and I recived no contact from you guys. My stories never violated any terms, they were just taken away. The only reason I even come on this site is because of stories like Traded, I only have a couple authers that I religiously check on and read from because other wise the writen content on this site is terrable, and I would much rather read from them on their websites or other place where they have posted their stories.

I mean if your going to delete a good story that is well writen for some tiny tiny little thing maybe you should start having quality control rules. If it were so easy to find a good story on this site maybe it wouldn't be so upsetting when one of our favorites is taken down? I don't know but I hope she posts Traded and co. at another web site where they wont pick on her.

Do you honestly think that this tantrum is going to accomplish anything at all?

I pointed out that the story was hidden, not deleted. We do not wander through the archive and randomly delete stories. There are only a very few reasons we delete a story, and those reasons are clearly delineated in the Terms of Service, a document that apparently is not as well read as we would hope. I can say with some assurance that if your stories were deleted, it was because they were either posted in the wrong subdomain, or were warned, hidden after seven days when the warning was ignored, and then deleted after an additional thirty days had passed. That is procedure, which is followed without discrimination for every author on this site.

I will not bother to address the nonsense about teenagers posting. If you were to actually read prior threads, you would understand why that particular issue is so pertinent here, and I am not in the mood to reiterate what's been said all too many times.

I will, however, address the issue of quality control. This site was created with the understanding that there would be no censorship, including censorship for reasons of quality control. I myself am fanatic on the topic of grammar, punctuation and spelling, and yet I am not editing your post to point out your many failings. If your stories were anything like your post, I would, however, recommend that you avail yourself of the services of a good beta reader, and not one whose sole qualification was fanpoodling over your work. You are hardly presenting yourself as someone who should point fingers, and quite frankly, I am absolutely tired of the nonstop drama over stories that are decent, but certainly not about to win a Pulitzer.

I will end by pointing out that this site is free for both authors and readers to use and enjoy. We donate our time, and in the case of many of the staff, while working a full time job as well. We do this because we believe in what AFF stands for, which does not include anarchy or favoritism because a group of people decide to whine at us for enforcing the clearly publicized rules of the site in an even handed manner. No one is "picking" on Twisted. No one picked on JennMarie. We simply ask that our users behave like the legal adults they are supposed to be.

If you believe that you can do better, I invite you to put your money where your mouth is, and create your own archive.