Click Here!

Upload Changed Apostrophes Into Strange Characters.

LockedBox

When uploading a new chapter I encountered a very strange glitch which turned every apostrophe into what appeared to be an upside down capitol Q.

It started when i wanted to upload a chapter, as I was feeling lazy and I couldn't figure out how to add hyperlinks in teh new editor. I selected the upload option form the submit chapter menu and selected the doc file. The menu then complained that it could only accept html or plain text files. I then went back to word, saved the file as a html file using the save as menu and uploaded it. The editor uploaded it with little fuss.

I went into the freshly minted chapter to check it and I found that every single apostrophe had been replaced by the strange character I mentioned earlier. I checked the htm file and there was nothing wrong with it, I've attached it along with some screen shots so you will know what I mean.

post-19700-0-44561700-1331903352_thumb.png

post-19700-0-22937100-1331903325_thumb.png

MBWLAYWGS CH2A, with AN.htm

You see, it's so damn trippy I thought I was just sleep deprived but nope, it's real. It was relatively easy to fix with copy pasta and control-F but I think this should be looked into sooner rather than later.

Honestly, I'm not writing the code, so I can't say. In the meantime, just have the URL there, and people can copy/paste it into their browsers. It's what most of us wind up doing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.