Click Here!

Weird food tastes?

Guest darma

Hey people! biggrin.gif

Any weird food preferences?

I like my ice cream only when it's melted.And I eat bananas with chocolate cream.

I can put mushrooms and tartar sauce in every dish.

And I like to sprinkle a little bit of sugar on a pizza and some roasted meat(God knows why,I just do. wacko.gif And I've never ever met somebody who does that!!!)

I also like to eat meat with fruits,but that is not so uncommon.

Do you have any strange combinations? smile.gif

well, let me see. i like peanut butter and margarine sandwiches. but it has to be the soft margarine. and i put peanut butter on both slices of bread.

i've also been known to eat pickles dipped in cool whip. yes, kosher dills.

um.... i'm sure there are others, but i rarely go with a variety of foods, so i couldn't tell you at the moment. but yeah. those are two of my strange bits.

my mom eats everything on bread. and my brother used to make himself pepper sandwiches. black pepper on white bread. of course, this is the boy who used to eat milk bones, too. i remember him counting the bones out, one for him and one for our collie.

weirdness runs in my family. it runs wild and rampant and begs to be put in a cage.

I have a few "eccentricities" when it comes to food - like when I eat a hamburger I have to take it apart and eat it piece by piece (vegies then meat and then bun). I put mustard in a lot of things like Chili, cheese dip, my french fries (my oldest child uses mayo on her fries btw). If I'm eating Tex-Mex I mix the beans, rice, cheese, and left over sauce together and pour a little "white sauce" over it (that's ranch dressing folks) then scoop it up with chips. Oh! And I LOVE lemon juice on my pop corn! The only thing better is Cajun seasoning AND lemon juice. There are others, but now I'm hungry and need something to eat... maybe some dill pickles followed by some sweet gherkins?

Guest Big Samurai

I love sake and sushi, but, y'know, I have my name for a reason, so ... those don't count. If I had to name a genuinely odd preference, though, it's this regional thing I eat: I like chili on my spaghetti.

I love sake and sushi also, Big. It's not very odd these days, though. What is odd is the fact that they serve cheap sake at the sushi bars sad.gif

I don't have some weird eating habits but I can tell you what the strangest food I have ever eaten is. It's made of boiled blood, mixed with barley, freid with fat and onion.

Oh, and I have also eaten scrambled eggs with cow brain ...

Both were good!

It's made of boiled blood, mixed with barley, freid with fat and onion.

Oh, and I have also eaten scrambled eggs with cow brain ...

My grandmother used to make those for my grandfather and my mom when she was a kid!

Hmmm... you wouldn't happen to be Irish, would you? think.gif

I have a few "eccentricities" when it comes to food - like when I eat a hamburger I have to take it apart and eat it piece by piece (vegies then meat and then bun). - Leonhart

Oh, goodness. A friend I once had did that without fail. The first time we had hamburgers together she saw that I also took apart my hamburger and nearly cried with joy at not being the only one. Except I don't take them apart to eat them, I take them apart to reconstruct them with French fries and some other sauces.

Hmm... some weird tastes that I have.... let's see...

- Garlic Cheetos. Take one (puffy) Cheeto and a tiny, tiny slice of garlic and eat together. Increase garlic amounts if you really like garlic / like spiciness. Pepsi is good with this. (Total comfort food for me, seriously.)

- Wasabi and peperoni. Pepsi also goes good with this. (...I love Pepsi with everything in fact, so you may prefer something else.)

- Taco ice creams (I don't remember what company/brand they are) with orange juice. SunnyD is best. Sweet, melting, vanilla, chocolate and the bitterness of orange juice. That was the only thing I ate for lunch during 8th grade.

- Pancakes with butter and honey. Not so unusual but still somewhat unusual.

- Chick peas and Greek white cheese. Mmmn. Excellent with pita bread and hummus. And olive oil. As well as rice wrapped up in grape leaves.

- Tomatos with mayonnaise. Just that.

- Fresh sweet mango with salt / spices.

I could think up more, but I'm making myself hungry.

If you like fresh mango with salt/spices, you'd love mango daal. It's a form of thick spicy mango soup to be taken with rice.

I love to flavor my own popcorn whenever I can. I once put caramel and paprika together and liked it. The trick is to go light on both so that neither flavor overwhelms the taste buds.

I've also mixed orange soda and diet Pepsi before. It's really good.

Cranberry gelatin, lime gelatin, and chocolate ice cream mix well together for some strange reason. Throw some Bailey's into the mix and I'm in heaven.

Sweet molasses on steak go well together with spicy home fries.

I also love vegetarian chili on baked potatoes, but I don't think that's weird at all considering that it's normal to have baked potatoes on the side with chili.

Weird food combos?

Well, before I miscarried, I enjoyed eating a cucumber and pepperoni sandwiches. They were so damn good! My husband about gagged though happy.gif And for me that is the weirdest thing I've eaten to date. In fact one of those sound really good right now...If only I had some pepperonis... wub.gifwub.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.