Click Here!

Firefox... what the hell?

Melrick

Version 6 of the Firefox browser hasn't been out long, and they already upgrade it to version 7? Good god, even Microsoft aren't that bad! Here's an idea, Mozilla, how about you actually work on creating a half-way decent browser in the first place so you don't have to abandon it and upgrade within a ridiculously short time of release? I pity the poor developers. They've only just updated their stuff to make it compatible with version 6, and now they have to do it all over again.

Firefox used to be such an excellent browser. Rock solid and steady all the way, where as IE was as solid as a bag of pus. But now IE is improving and Firefox is getting worse, much much worse. I wonder just how good version 7 of Firefox will be? I guess we'll know if they decide to release version 8 next month.

Firefox becomes less awesome with each version they put out. I'm sticking with my ancient version!

Edited by Danyealle

3.6 is still getting updates against those, DG. I just updated to 3.6.23 yesterday so they are still supporting that one.

Actually, Windows 8 is definitely the next full operating system for personal computers. The one major difference is that it'll have support to enable it to be used on Tablet devices and the like, as well as PC touchscreen support. But it will have a whole bunch of other changes, like a new user interface and a new file system. The real question is if it'll be a real improvement over Windows 7 for the regular user; i.e.; non-touchscreen users. Even if it is, I won't be upgrading for at least 12 months after it comes out, to give them time to release patches for the inevitable bugs.

Oh, and Firefox has released an update, already. That doesn't fill me with confidence.

I always wait with new OS releases to see what exactly is entailed. As it's a year off to begin with, it's a bit early to even say whether or not it'll be worthwhile. Given Microsoft's track record, I expect this next version to be as craptastic as Vista.